New factions SkirmishScripts.scb

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Slow_Moe

Slow_Moe
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 01:38 AM

First, you post up a tutorial about making your cool Tesla coil, which gets you a credit, you then spend the credit to buy an Add Factions tutorial  :rolo:
jk  :)

I have a feeling Mithril is slowly working on a tutorial for adding new factions.

Thanks... It took me 2 weeks of day and night testing to get the electrical effect I wanted... But i'm very happy with how it turned out...

I put it up for who ever wants it here

Tesla Zip File

Mithril is working on a tutorial for adding new factions... Thats good news... I want to learn all I can with this...

#2 Slow_Moe

Slow_Moe
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:42 AM

I have 8 new factions I've added in addition to America... China and GLA...

My question is how do I add new factions to this SkirmishScripts.scb and get them to build tanks in skirmish?

#3 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:59 AM

First, you post up a tutorial about making your cool Tesla coil, which gets you a credit, you then spend the credit to buy an Add Factions tutorial :rolo:
jk :p

I have a feeling Mithril is slowly working on a tutorial for adding new factions.

#4 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:37 AM

First, you post up a tutorial about making your cool Tesla coil, which gets you a credit, you then spend the credit to buy an Add Factions tutorial  :rolo:
jk  :p

Intruiging! You are both visually and kinesthically skilled!

I AM working on one - though I first planned to make a "Script Guide" before that which would explain the basic structure of the regular generals scripts.

Anyway, moe, in case you want to make new faction folders in the scripts editor, go to the player list and add a new player there - with "Is this player computer controlled" checked and with a good name (for example, if the playertemplate.ini contained "UK" you would have to name it "SkirmishUK")

Then the fun begins! You have hours of tedious work ahead of you! Heheh, but don't worry, you can take the original scripts so that you won't have to write every single script and logic model yourself.

First give me a bit of info : is this generals or ZH? I suppose regular generals but its always better to ask.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#5 Slow_Moe

Slow_Moe
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:17 AM

I AM working on one - though I first planned to make a "Script Guide" before that which would explain the basic structure of the regular generals scripts.

Anyway, moe, in case you want to make new faction folders in the scripts editor, go to the player list and add a new player there - with "Is this player computer controlled" checked and with a good name (for example, if the playertemplate.ini contained "UK" you would have to name it "SkirmishUK")

Then the fun begins! You have hours of tedious work ahead of you! Heheh, but don't worry, you can take the original scripts so that you won't have to write every single script and logic model yourself.

First give me a bit of info : is this generals or ZH? I suppose regular generals but its always better to ask.

Thanks for the help Mithril... I'll be here quite a bit now that i'm finishing up the modeling/texturing phase of my project and yes it is for Zero hour...

Its going to be very interesting for me editing the SkirmishScripts... I haven't edited anything like this since the old RA2/YR AI ini... I had all sorts of problems with that in the beginning but finally managed to work it out...

#6 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:41 PM

Thanks for the help Mithril... I'll be here quite a bit now that i'm finishing up the modeling/texturing phase of my project and yes it is for Zero hour...

Its going to be very interesting for me editing the SkirmishScripts... I haven't edited anything like this since the old RA2/YR AI ini... I had all sorts of problems with that in the beginning but finally managed to work it out...

With our help we can build your scripts and associate them to the teams that carry out the actions! Essentially, you can CLONE one of the main factional folders in the .scb file and use it for your own so, as Mithril so rightly mentioned, you can cut down your scripting time.

Btw, are there any SPECIAL infantry/vehicles/aircraft that use a special ability (ie. GLA bombtruck can not only upgrade 2 abilities one after the other but requires a Disguise feature comparing its enemy's and shapeshift into one of those - still working on this part as its highly advanced)?

Nevertheless, you can basically use the Faction folder in the .scb and substitute your side's own personal attributes with its own. It'll take some time especially if you have more than one faction to work with. EVERY infantry/vehicles/aircraft/superweapon/building/etc will have to be understood by the AI to use it effectively.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#7 Slow_Moe

Slow_Moe
  • New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:01 AM

With our help we can build your scripts and associate them to the teams that carry out the actions! Essentially, you can CLONE one of the main factional folders in the .scb file and use it for your own so, as Mithril so rightly mentioned, you can cut down your scripting time.

Btw, are there any SPECIAL infantry/vehicles/aircraft that use a special ability (ie. GLA bombtruck can not only upgrade 2 abilities one after the other but requires a Disguise feature comparing its enemy's and shapeshift into one of those - still working on this part as its highly advanced)?

Nevertheless, you can basically use the Faction folder in the .scb and substitute your side's own personal attributes with its own. It'll take some time especially if you have more than one faction to work with. EVERY infantry/vehicles/aircraft/superweapon/building/etc will have to be understood by the AI to use it effectively.

I can't think of anything that may present a problem except for the Yuri unit I'm working on that use's the hive structure to spawn multiple suicidal terror drones... I had problems with the slaves following the master then attacking enemy at first but now thats fixed...

#8 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:59 PM

That would be just like a normal spawn attack - e.g. america tank drones or something so I think that should work..

-ComradeJ

#9 bloodredwolf

bloodredwolf
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:57 PM

i got a similar problem here. i have the ai for a new faction in a more or less working condition. but at the beginning of a match i got alot of "Attempting to set attack priority on an invalid thing:" error messages in the debug window. it has something to do with the attack priority. so i was wondering if one can make additional flags and attck priorities?

#10 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:00 PM

Heh, again, for which game is this? And what did you script? To what team\object did you apply the attack priority to?

-ComradeJ

#11 bloodredwolf

bloodredwolf
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 09:16 PM

it's a generals mod. basically i copied the scripts and teams from china and modified them to the new faction. but if it comes to flags and attack priorities, there are just the standard ones in the combobox (China, GLA, USA). so i stuck with china. one attack script looks like this.

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Spy' to 30
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'RocketGuy' to 30
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Tanks' to 29
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Base Defenses' to 29
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Artillery' to 29
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'ChinaInfantryHacker' to 29
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Anti-Air Vehicle' to 28
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Utility' to 27
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Infantry' to 27
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Base Factories' to 27
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Super Weapons' to 27
For Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority' set the priority of object type 'Base Buildings' to 26

and i have set:

*** IF ***
True.
*** THEN ***
Have Team 'teamSkirmishSuper' use Attack priority set 'China Tank Priority'.

the debug shows a lot of this:

0 Run script - Super Tank Priority0
0 ***Attempting to set attack priority on an invalid thing:***
0 China Tank Priority

I also use "China Defcon" but i don't get any errors using it.

any clue?

#12 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:52 AM

Hmm so your faction is called SkirmishSuper...
this is for the easy difficulty I assume, else you wouldn't use the generic team for it...

have you tested if the AI still recognizes the attack priority? Do that by setting "Infantry" to "100" and put a few tanks in formation at the front while having some infantry at the back and see if the AI's attacks go on the infantry.

-ComradeJ

#13 Slye_Fox

Slye_Fox

ConRed Mod Leader

• Hosted
  • 1,357 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion, CnC: Condition Red, Armoured Sky: Ethereal Dawn
  •  The fluffy fox of Revora.

Posted 02 June 2004 - 05:01 PM

Hey Moe I'm having troble with your tesla code,
the game crashes before it loads, can you help?
Also, am I aloud to change the model? and if so how do I cange the code to incorporate the new model?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users