mods, units, armys, super weapons and generals powers ideas plz speak here

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jonathan_*

Guest_jonathan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:27 PM

To start off i'm sry 4 wat i said in my last topic i was in a bad mood witch i hope you'll all understand. Y I started this topic cuz i want to talk about ideas i got as well as wat other ppl have in hopes that someone can make it happen. I got some good ideas 4 units and some other stuff.

#2 Guest_jonathan_*

Guest_jonathan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:43 PM

first off an idea 4 an army Canada i mean i really want to see Canada in a C&C GEN:Zero Hour mod plz can someone make it happen. Now as 4 the Super weapon can it be an Ion Cannnon relay station that when ready let's u fire an ion cannon at ur enemy. As 4 generals powers 1 can be an Ion brust it's kind of like the artillery barrage but it fires a shower of small ion beams on ur enemy 4 like 15 seconds. As 4 units heres 1 4 now a heavy machine gunner that can deploy to improve accuracy by 10%. To finsh this i'll talk more later when ppl have replyed to this topic.

#3 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:22 PM

np, although currently we are at the limit of sides. Someone is welcome to create a new version of project raptor that I will host here, as an expansion pack which adds new sides, and generals. I will even help, although I would have to approve the sides ;).
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#4 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:27 PM

You going to register?

(Don't give me any heat for bring "offtopic")

#5 Guest_jonathan_*

Guest_jonathan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:40 PM

I just started this topic cuz i wanted to talk about ideas although i suck at drawing and alot of other things. I can't make a program cuz my computer skills r very limited to be honest. i have alot of ideas i can discribe to u guys who have the skills to make it into a mod if u would be kind enough to do it if u wouldn't mind. i'll be back later to read ur reply.

#6 Guest_jonathan_*

Guest_jonathan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:45 PM

To answer ur question if i'll register, i don't know i don't know can u explian some of the things that will happen if i do?

#7 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:08 PM

Not many of us on the forum can draw or mod either. Vangaurd and some others can though. Basically, what we do here at this forum is to recommend a bunch of ideas to Vangaurd, and then he chooses which ideas are put into the mod.

Beware though, i'd say 90% of what is suggested here is shot down. So don't get upset if your suggestions are not put into the mod. This is Vanguard modding project, and his baby. It's his decision on what flys and what doesn't not yours or mine. Just giving you a heads up.

Feel free to post your ideas. We all have a lot of fun posting different ideas, and it's quite interesting to see what people come up with.

One more tip. Any I'm telling this not only to you, but all of the newcomers. If you don't get a reply back from Vanguard about your ideas, don't panic. He (as well as others on this forum) don't usually reply to each and every idea that is put on this forum board.

So don't get mad at everybody just because no one is giving you feedback on your ideas. We have had this happen in the past here, where disparaging comments have been posted by disgruntled idea givers, over lack of response to their ideas. My response has been to grow up, and be patient. I can assure you they are being read at least. Vanguard, and the other project members, do have a life outside of PR, and replying to every single idea, would take more time than we have to spend.

Bottom line, be patient grasshoppers! ;)

To answer ur question if i'll register, i don't know i don't know can u explian some of the things that will happen if i do?

Basically, when you register, you'll be able to do some custom things like have an avatar, make cood signatures, add quotes, edit your posts, and the biggest item here is to be able to send personal messages, and send file attachments to other members of the group. Registration is free.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#8 Guest_jonathan_*

Guest_jonathan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2006 - 07:29 PM

Not many of us on the forum can draw or mod either. Vangaurd and some others can though. Basically, what we do here at this forum is to recommend a bunch of ideas to Vangaurd, and then he chooses which ideas are put into the mod.

Beware though, i'd say 90% of what is suggested here is shot down. So don't get upset if your suggestions are not put into the mod. This is Vanguard modding project, and his baby. It's his decision on what flys and what doesn't not yours or mine. Just giving you a heads up.

Feel free to post your ideas. We all have a lot of fun posting different ideas, and it's quite interesting to see what people come up with.

One more tip. Any I'm telling this not only to you, but all of the newcomers. If you don't get a reply back from Vanguard about your ideas, don't panic. He (as well as others on this forum) don't usually reply to each and every idea that is put on this forum board.

So don't get mad at everybody just because no one is giving you feedback on your ideas. We have had this happen in the past here, where disparaging comments have been posted by disgruntled idea givers, over lack of response to their ideas. My response has been to grow up, and be patient. I can assure you they are being read at least. Vanguard, and the other project members, do have a life outside of PR, and replying to every single idea, would take more time than we have to spend.

Bottom line, be patient grasshoppers! ;)

Basically, when you register, you'll be able to do some custom things like have an avatar, make cood signatures, add quotes, edit your posts, and the biggest item here is to be able to send personal messages, and send file attachments to other members of the group. Registration is free.

Sweet that sounds cool I think I'll register it sounds like a good idea.

#9 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 16 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

Well, then register and join the madness! ;) Welcome to PR!
Posted Image

#10 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 09:22 PM

yeh roll out the PR welcome wagon ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#11 sath

sath

Death is here!

• Members
  • 347 posts
  •  runabout boy

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:09 PM

and a laser turret web to gun down airborne n00bs while we welcome jonothan into our almost impenetrable fortress, n00bs in the air are better known as screamers ;)
When someone opens up a can of kick butt, then the best thing to do is to open up a can of baked beans

Remember! If you smoke weed you’ll get high, if you smoke a reed you would die

Apparently Donkeys kill more people every year than air-plane crashes

#12 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:11 PM

I do read most of them. As for adding new sides, I can, but wont, the reason being that if I did, and you select the "Random" option for a side for the AI, then if they come up with the new side, it wont have any AI. See EA put a limit on the number of AI's you can have, which is 14, and we are currently on that limit. While it may not look it, here's a list.

Civilian

China
China Infantry
China Nuke
China Tank

GLA
GLA Demolition
GLA Stealth
GLA Toxin

Militia

USA
USA Air Force
USA Laser
USA Superweapon

I could remove the Civilian side as an AI agent, but then you would have other scripting errors. So unless I or some other modder decide to make an expansion there wont be other sides. I myself probably wont make it, I would leave it up to them as long as they don't do something un original like Russia, which is fine for a TC or RA2 mod, but it's been done before which isn't something that will attract people.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#13 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:16 PM

Right? Why wouldn't you register when everyone else did anyway lol!

#14 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:26 PM

how bout you remove the norm china usa and gla casue you never had new units to em!!
you could create 3 mitla generals outta that
Posted Image

#15 link.the.first

link.the.first

Supreme commander

• Project Team
  • 3,577 posts
  • Projects:War Games Moderator (UNSC), Dragon Slayers Moderator (Link)
  •  You want a piece of me boy?

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:23 AM

I thought the AI cap was 14 not including civilian or neutral and that the last side was the AI for Boss Gen so it would still work on Gen Challenge. But oh well.

Anyway, since you'll support a sort of PR Remix mod, I suggest dividing the sides up by military divisions: Army(A-10s and tanks), Navy(lots of support), Marines (lots of CAS, infantry and air transports) and Air Force (light vehicles and PLANES), plus Black Ops or something for lasers and superweapons. That's for the USA. No idea for China, GLA or Militia.
Posted Image

#16 FireBlade

FireBlade

The weak will perish

• Members
  • 1,561 posts
  • Projects:Nothing atm
  •  Leaders are nothing unless they serve

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:55 AM

well i suppose that since VG shot down my music topic :umad: (still dont know why) ill post some music that i think will/would be good for PR, since HM is possably copyrighted or somethin i got some not copyrighted stuff here that is remix...anyway here they are

ummmmmmmm.....why cant i post music?

Edited by ???????, 17 March 2006 - 02:56 AM.

Posted Image

FireBlade-"Hello old friends :) ahhh still the same wargames, with the exception of a few things."

Paradox-"Yes, like sanity. :p"

"The question mark man" ???????

#17 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 17 March 2006 - 04:25 AM

WTF are you talking about karl, there are new units for every side. And no I'm not removing any of the original sides that were playable. And don't say Boss General, because she was never playable by default. Also, Link, she has AI in challenge because her AI is saved on the map, not in the scripts file like the skirmish AI is. And I can't use two different files for scripts to add more sides, because it's set to read from SkirmishScripts.scb and MultiplayerScripts.scb only, and no other, and Skirmish scripts can't be added to the MultiplayerScripts.scb and work because the MultiplayerScripts.scb are victory conditions when you play online.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#18 Pals

Pals
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 07:00 AM

Here's an idea (though I may have mentioned it before and appolgise if I have): Scaffolding for the militia buildings, the poles and wooden planks that you see (at least here receently) and the fencing could be poles in the ground with rope (or bright tape) tied to them. (If you want some pictures I should be able to get some to show what I mean...the country is getting ready for the 2006 Asian Games..so they are building 6 million things at once :umad: )
I live in the Middle East. And, no! I don't ride a camel!

Sometimes you are the only one who can make a difference.

What exactly is 'normal'?

Don't ask questions you don't want answered.

#19 Guest_jonathan_*

Guest_jonathan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:14 PM

sry i was going tp register yesterday but i was so sleepy that i almost passed out on the computer anyway i'm doin it today.

#20 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:46 PM

i'm registered now so how do u change ur pics i can't figure it out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users