Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:12 PM

EPIC sentance!

Lets observe who is capable of assemble the most supreme and greatest epic sentence that there could possibly ever be for 1 procession of wording.

If anyone can beat my above ^ sentence they win a custom rank :p

#2 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 07 May 2004 - 11:38 PM

It isnt too hard to make an EPIC sentence, since it is really just EPIC, and there's nothing to special about that, except that it's EPIC, which is actually pretty fun, whee.

:uh:

#3 Mongoose

Mongoose

TFH rOCks

• Hosted
  • 785 posts
  •  OMG I'M MEMBER NUMBER 189

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:12 AM

Someone please fill me in on what i have to do with this EPIC posting thred that was made by deatil on the 8th of May, but yesturday for me in australia was the 7th and it is now the 8th not the 7th HEHE. umm i want my rank to be, ummmmmm Sgt Shlong.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 ComradeJ

ComradeJ

Comrade Jamgee

• Project Team
  • 2,067 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert: ReGeneration

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:44 AM

I HavE no idea of what to tyPe... So I doubt this is a good sentanCe
You cannot compare pissing to thinking
- SoulReaver

#5 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:42 PM

Construct the biggest long worded sentence that you possibly can.

#6 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

I Like to Devour Semidimensional pragmatic gophers on stilts with my detrimental catastrophic gas bladder made from the epidermiss of a pigeon.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#7 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:18 PM

The multidimensional nature of space time and its interface with imaginary time yields odd effects that could theoretically allow time loops which are the prerequisite for traveling from today to yesterday, and from tomorrow to today.
*Whistles innocently
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#8 shenaniganz

shenaniganz
  • New Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:26 PM

SMACK, it hits you...Drifting in and out, too fast to keep up, blood runs, there are no screams...THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, the pain freezes your thoughts, blood runs...

#9 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:45 PM

The energy equals the mass times the speed of light squared, meaning that when mass is converted into energy a lot of energy is released - so much energy in fact that you could easily power an entire city of, say, one million people on no more than the desintegration of its refuse, so that would solve both the refuse problem as the global energy problem, and that's a good idea.

#10 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:41 PM

That sentence was completely BORING as it said nothing about the Story of Reason - which goes like this, the Men of the Woods were a happy little race living in their tiny village, but then the Men of the Icelands came and fought the Men of the Plain Lands, unfortunate for the Men of the Woods was that they always fought in the territory that belongs to the Men of the Woods, so they kindly sent a messenger to the Men of the Plain Lands asking about the Reason for this, so when the messenger came back he remembered nothing about what the leader of the Men of the Plains said, he was then ordered to go to the Men of the Icelands asking about the Reason for this battle, when he came back he was of course not able to remember anything about the Reason, so the Reason About The Men Of The Icelands Fighting Against The Men Of The Plain Lands was unknown to the Men of the Woods - this should prove to be the worst for them in the future, now they had to rebuild their village every time the Men of the Plain Lands fought the Men of the Icelands or when the Men of the Icelands fought the Men of the Plain Lands - the Men of the Woods trained a shaman and gave him litres of truth serum so that he could see the Reason for this - when he tried to penetrate the Cloud of Stupidity-Of-Man-Who-Thirsts-To-Be-Deceived he forgot everything - the Men of the Woods therefore knew that the Reason for all this was to remain unknown, so they attempted to move their tiny village to the nearest mountain which was called Acarazalapuhajalka in a very harsh pronunciation, they moved their three houses right into the moutain (which was actually a vulcano), the next time the Men of the Plain Lands fought the Men of the Icelands or the Men of the Icelands fought against the Men of the Plain Lands, they realized that the Men of the Woods were gone and it was no longer fun to fight, so they searched the whole island for them, finding nothing, until the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands suggested searching inside Acarazalapuhajalka, but the leader of the Men of the Icelands merely suggested to search inside the tiny house of Mîm the Retriever, because he was the Seer of the Island - the leader of the Men of the Icelands accepted for no apparent reason so when they got there and asked Mîm of the Men of the Woods' position the Retriever said "First you must butcher the creature which's flesh has never lived, Next you must see the sweetness of your enemy, The third ingredient must be taken from the deadly deeps, Lastly you will need powders taken from the heart of your mother, This has been engraved in a scroll for you" - the leader of the Men of the Icelands understood nothing while the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands did understand that the Retriever was talking about a tiny worm which had access to spacial distortions - the worm was called Nî× and was in an even smaller house located in a nearby very tiny island - when both the leader of the Men of the Icelands and the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands went there (with a log of wood as a ship because it was a tiny island) the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands coughed and said "Damn you", the worm heard this perfectly and went through a racial spift to another dimension, for some reason he catched the exact moment in the other dimension where three powerful races were talking to giant sheeps about the density of metal which can be bended by a magnifying glass - the worm repeated what the leader of the Men of the Plains said, and they all agreed to send a hypersonic milk can towards the center of the sun - this seemed to strange to Nî× so he went back to his small island where the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands and the leader of the Men of the Icelands were still standing there because not a second had passed, so the leader of the Men of the Icelands and the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands asked Nî× about the Men of the Woodlands and he finally understood and sent them directly to their village which was actually inside Acarazalapuhajalka - when the leader of the Men of the Icelands and the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands went to the leader of the Men of the Woods he said "Where were you?" and the leader of the Men of the Woodlands answered "We got tired of your titchy battles and settled here how did you get here?", at that precise moment Mîm the Retriever appeared out of nowhere and said "You have acquired the Pipe of Insight from the Wisdom of the Mind" and quickly left again, so then the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands and the leader of the Men of the Icelands and all their men carried on fighting against each other even though they had worked all this way to get here - the Men of the Woodlands were a peaceful people so they ran, ran and ran all into different directions and scattered all over the island, the leader of the Men of the Woodlands saw a flash in the corner of his eye and saw Mîm the Retriever again, leaning against a huge oak tree (dubbed Pururtunubu because a city was once created there, but got destroyed because of the Myzts) and Mîm said "The leader of the Men of the Icelands and the leader of the Men of the Plain Lands have acquired both the Pipe of Insight from the Wisdom of the Mind and now the Stone of Destiny from the Deeply Depths" and the leader of the Woodlands had two precious treasures hidden in his cloak, the Earthpowder and the Flesh of Rock, so he gave it to Mîm which urged him to do this years ago when the Prophet Worm Of Acarazalapuhajalka who was the second biggest Reason Keeper of the island, so when Mîm received both the Earthpowder and the Flesh of Rock from the Leader of the Woodlands he sadly said "Obidai labora, cesta!" with such a power in his voice that the spell caused the leader of the Men of the Woodlands to quickly die because of the sheer intensity of the Power Spell, when Mîm buried him he saw Nî× fighting with a turtle and told him to finish the Task of Burying, and he transported himself back to the fight of the Men of the Icelands and the Men of the Plain Lands who didn't realize that the Men of the Woodlands had left, gave them the Four Items and said "The Reason is not yours". End -

unless you want me to continue it someday!
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#11 Stino

Stino

AKA Stink_o

• Hosted
  • 1,421 posts
  • Projects:Blitzkrieg II:The Finest Hour (BlitzII:TFH)
  •  Doer of Things

Posted 09 May 2004 - 06:56 AM

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo that was sick Mithril. :) ^_^

My English is to bad to make a long epic sentance that would be longer then all the guys who have posted here their sentence and try to win the famous special rank from our admin D.
Posted Image

#12 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:06 AM

But Mithril already has a rank, so he can't play! ^_^

#13 the high dude

the high dude
  • New Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:17 PM

show me in the rule book agianest it

#14 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:41 PM

Ok, well that wasn't so much a sentence than a story typed out replacing full stops with commas and phrases such as 'and then'.

I may as well pop a go, I s'pose - excepting I shall revert to the proper and original Queens English (combined with jargon skills) to do so.

'This here sentence has been radically constructed in an unprecidented semi-emphatic ludicrous fashion that can only be truly understood or derived by an equally ludicrously emphatic person or embodiment of a sentient being that has devolved into subconcious pointlessness; any non-ludicrously emphatic person or embodiment of a sentient being that has not devolved into such subconciousness or pointlessness will therefore not qualify the very slightest or at the uttermost least level of mental participation or address to recieve the foggiest notion of what this aforementioned sentence is dribbling on about!'

Harhar.

Prizewinner that one ^ :tocol:

#15 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 09 May 2004 - 08:58 PM

Yer can't be certain... the thing that makes 3d models look good will judge... .. uhm.. or THE admin :)

BTW he said it's about BIG posts .. and EPIC or the word "epic" is something to do with heroes I think.... ^_^
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#16 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 09 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

Latin epicus:

Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size: “A vast musical panorama... it requires an epic musical understanding to do it justice”.

Heroic and impressive in quality: “Here in the forum... there was more of that epic atmosphere, the extra amperage of a special moment”.

I'm not sure i can accept all these paragraphs, there not very sentence like ^_^

#17 shenaniganz

shenaniganz
  • New Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:57 AM

Latin epicus:

Surpassing the usual or ordinary, particularly in scope or size: “A vast musical panorama... it requires an epic musical understanding to do it justice”.

Heroic and impressive in quality: “Here in the forum... there was more of that epic atmosphere, the extra amperage of a special moment”.

I'm not sure i can accept  all these paragraphs, there not very sentence like  ^_^

Accept this then...

BAM!

Thats my sentence.

#18 ice

ice
  • New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:30 PM

Awesome.

#19 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 15 May 2004 - 02:21 AM

Winners Announced

Last weekends EPIC winners:
- Natus, for making no sense.
- the high dude, for copy/pasting loads of rubish.
- ImmoMan, for scientific mumbo jumbo.
- Mithril, for his huge paragraph about tree men.
- ambershee, for longest sentance.

Winners Evil Genius Weekend...

#20 Tiberian Moon

Tiberian Moon
  • Members
  • 167 posts
  • Projects:Tiberian Moon , Xenoforce and Rise of Rome

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:06 PM

we live our life then we die never considering what the truth about nothing is, if the tuth is that nothing is everything and that everything composes what we all see feel hear smell and taste no matter what is in the end of the road you will all be assured that in life and death there will be life and death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users