Photo

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:22 AM

Welcome to Project Raptor.

Be sure to check out our frequently asked questions page for answers to the most commonly asked questions. Thank you. :blink:

Edited by Bob, 21 March 2006 - 03:24 AM.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#2 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:06 AM

Yes, PLEASE check them out, so we all can retain our sanity!!

Thanks alot.

-Jsmooth13

#3 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:29 PM

Well, some of us don't have any sanity tp retain, so 'all' is a bit of a lie.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#4 Guest_Blackadder_*

Guest_Blackadder_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:49 PM

Hi,

Sorry to bug you guys, but is this compatible with The First Decade. I am having a problem getting it to run after the install. I am also using a nocd patch to save on disc changes.

After installing Project Raptor and trying to run Zero Hour it comes up with a fatal message and will not run, is this a known bug....

Please help relly would like to use your mod

#5 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, we know about that and it is a First Decade Problem. I'll flag someone to come tell you, I can't remember right now why it does that.

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 11:22 AM

Hello. Firstly, I'm not sure if this is meant to go here, but I'm hesitant about starting a new thread.

Anyway, I've a balance query. Specifically, the Infantry General's bunkers. Think about this for a moment.

Mini-gunners and rocket infantry cost roughly $300 each, right? And the base, un-modded bunker costs $500.

The Infantry General's bunker costs $1000, and comes with four mini-gunners and six tank hunters, which amounts to troops worth $3000. Removing the base cost of an un-modded bunker ($500) from the modded bunker, this means you are paying 1/6th of the cost for these troops.

Consider a hypothetical attack force, for which I have a budget of $10,000. I build ten bunkers, evacuate the free troops and sell them. From the cash of selling them, I gain $5000 (I think, never studied selling intensely). With this, I build another five bunkers, evacuate the free troops and sell them, gaining $2500. I build two bunkers, evacuate the free troops and sell them, gaining $1000. I build one bunker, evacuate the free troops troops and then, combining the $500 I just gained with the $500 left over from the earlier $2500, I build one last bunker and evacuate the free troops.

I have just built one hundred and ninety infantry for a fraction of the cost, when training them normally with a budget of $10,000 would get me thirty-three troops, with $100 left over.

To my mind, there is no force that can beat a force like that, upgrade-less, within the same budget. I am effectively training troops for $50 each, and training them FASTER. I have just made my barracks completely obsolete.

And to top it all off, they're all at the very least Veterans, and if I have much in the way of a brain for what I'm doing, the mini-gunners are Elite.

Call me crazy (which I must be for putting so much thought into that), but I think this needs some attention. Unfortunately, I've little in the way of notions for fixing, except lowering the number of troops bunkers come with drastically.

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:00 PM

Hello. This is the same person as above. I jsut tested that exploit, and it's worse than I thought.

I didn't realise bunkers gave back their full cost when sold. So. With a budget of $10,000 I can build ten bunkers, evacuate the troops, sell the bunkers and do this over and over again. I have just created an army of unlimited size, for FREE.

If that's not a balance problem, I don't know WHAT is.

#8 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:27 AM

Hmmm... good point. Gonna have to in look at that. Unfortunately there may be no fix right now for that anytime soon. Development of PR 8.0 just went into permanent hiatus. For an explanation of this check out the main forum.

Thanks for the heads up though.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:21 AM

No probs, just kind of a shock to find.

Although kinda fun to us- I mean test. Yeah. Test. Hehe.

#10 Guest_Guest_Inferno_*_*

Guest_Guest_Inferno_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:10 AM

I can't play this mod with my brother (LAN), because when we started the match, few minutes later the game will detect a missmatch... Can somebody help me? Please, this is the best mod for C&C Generals that I have ever seen. I've got the version 7.0 of your mod.

PS: Sorry for my bad English and your website have some problems...

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:44 PM

I can't even get to the online section, it says couldnt establish a connection. check my internet etc. help? i installed per instructions. patched and everything.

-Jackson

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:20 PM

Is the mod dead?

#13 Guest_Soul (To lazy to log in)_*

Guest_Soul (To lazy to log in)_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

Sadly yes, it is :xcahik_: .

#14 Bismarck

Bismarck

Ineficent poster

• Project Team
  • 345 posts
  • Projects:It's dead! Call Dr. House!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

No its not really, permanent hiatus means that theres a slight chance for the mod to continue development again and as we got our beloved Vanguard back its all up to him.
Posted Image!
Ruler of the waves!
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#15 Guest_Guest_john_*_*

Guest_Guest_john_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:33 PM

hi to the person asking about the first decade problem i have just installed it the problem is that "0projectraptor.big" is put in the wrong place in the first decade file

to fix: simply find the file and put it in to the zero hour folder and it should work.
hope it solves your problem:)

#16 Guest_Generalcamo Lazy Login_*

Guest_Generalcamo Lazy Login_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:01 AM

Now that this mod is active again, your FAQ link is dead, could you update it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users