Naval Changes?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nick-SoD_*

Guest_Nick-SoD_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:49 AM

Well, I was wondering if you guys were going to do anything with this aspect of the game. EA completly screwed it over, and its a pity with the new water system and all.

...And if you guys do have plans, how much do you plan to do?

#2 Khamul_of_Rhun

Khamul_of_Rhun
  • Project Team
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:33 PM

I like the naval combat ingame, those corsair bombard ships have such huge range, they can destroy a whole base themselves (including fortress). I do think however, that the wind ships and explode ships are too powerful for only 500.
-------Concept Artist--------
-------------------------------
Gothmog of the RA forums
-------BFME 2: Visions------

#3 alfreak1

alfreak1
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:45 PM

More options are needed for the navel system. I hate that there are only to kinds of ships (Elven and Corsair). I think every faction should have there own of some sort. The problem would be making ships for Erebor.

#4 Khamul_of_Rhun

Khamul_of_Rhun
  • Project Team
  • 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:26 PM

Well Erebor has Dale and Laketown right? They could play a larger role for Erebor in it's navy. Still, the best ships sould be from Umbar and Elves (or Dol Amroth, if they are going to be Gondors navy). I think the biggest challenge is Isen or Rohan ships, I mean they never reallyfought by sea. Isneguard is very industrial and mechanical, maybe you could try and make clever designs for their ships, like erebor's seige equipment.
Gothmog of the RA forums

#5 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 21 April 2006 - 06:11 PM

I like the naval combat ingame, those corsair bombard ships have such huge range, they can destroy a whole base themselves (including fortress). I do think however, that the wind ships and explode ships are too powerful for only 500.

Indeed, I was thinking that we should lower the range of both the bombardment ships, your views?

Retired

#6 Khamul_of_Rhun

Khamul_of_Rhun
  • Project Team
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

It would make more sense, you know to make the game fairer, but seriously if your under attack you could just make an exploding ship and blow up all the catapult ships. Also prices need to be changed (catapult ships: 1500, explode ships: 1500).
Gothmog of the RA forums

#7 Guest_Nick-SoD_*

Guest_Nick-SoD_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2006 - 04:15 AM

I'd say do away with the storm/doom ships completly. They are one of the main reasons people don't use the ships in-game much.

#8 alfreak1

alfreak1
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:34 AM

No, range and price of the ships are good, but kill the doom/storm ships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users