#1 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

hey has anyone ever heard of redwall? it could make quite a nice TC . Just a random idea but if there is enough interest i might go ahead with it so plz post away so i can see if you'll be intereesteded enough for me to bother making a mod.

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#2 Fingulfin

Fingulfin

I Like Pi3. Do you?

• Hosted
  • 1,752 posts
  • Projects:Staying Alive.
  •  This place looks familiar. I can't remember why.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:47 PM

Ummm... FINSIH the mods you already have going before you start more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image
--------------------------------------
"You look like a ghost of your former self..."

#3 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:00 PM

im just chucking ideas around if people are interested i'll do it ifthey arnt i'll leave it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#4 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:02 PM

I used to read those... Redwall would work damn well for BFME... I'd love to see a Badger-lord tossing rats around..

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#5 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:06 PM

k thats 1 if i get at least 5 people interested in it i will try and get a team together

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:19 PM

you do know that a TC is a LOT and a LOT more work than any other kind of mod? by the way, some traces of it being BFME cannot be erased
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#7 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:25 PM

A TC doesn't HAVE to be big. A redwall mod wouldn't be too much work. It's a similar setting, bows and swords, and would only need 2 factions Good (Redwallers, Salamandrastron/Long patrol) and Evil (Assorted vermin... potential for loads of ideas there) . Of course this mod team might be stupid and decide to make a bunch of factions based on every group of vermin in the books (Making 12 factions is a fairly common newbie modder idea).. but I'd hope not. Good and Evil, with somthing of an original timeline, and merging every good idea for a unit from the books would give them the most freedom.

Of course, modeling animals would probably be more of a challenge than regular modeling.. *shrugs* Could be fun though, always wanted a Redwall RTS..

On the subject of TC's, RA isn't considered a TC but has just as much, if not more work than one.. of course we're frowned upon for that these days.. but never mind.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#8 Artifice

Artifice

title available

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

Only the impatient, and foolish people with no sense of dedication or diligence look down on RA. I think a Redwall mod would be especially good in BFME opposed to BFMEII. The whole set bases thing works well for Redwall.

#9 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 21 March 2006 - 10:02 PM

i though of a redwall mod, awhile ago. But i thoughtn that hardly any1 would know the books. Id be intrested (after the fos mod though).

hows this for sides, not sure on spelling though (its been wawhile since ive read them)

Redwall- lots mice and other creatures in robes lol
Shrews- shrews of mirkwood
Salamanstron- moutain fortress of hares lead by a badger
Gabool- king of sea rats
Clunny the scorge- leads a horde of rats ferrits and weasals
Fergal the assasin (i know its something like that)

i think this would be good for bfme2, imagine wotr except war of mirkwood or something lol
Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#10 |MeMw| Ecthelion

|MeMw| Ecthelion
  • Members
  • 86 posts
  • Projects:various |MeMw| maps/ mods

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:33 AM

I think a Redwall mod would be good. I'm definetley interested, although as Dain said it shouldn't have more then two factions. Guosim and Salamandastrond don't have enough unit possibilites to be seperate factions, and there would be way too many evil factions. I think the hardest part would be picking what hereos to put in, as there could easily be 50 ones for the Good faction.
Anything later then now isn't soon enough.

#11 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 22 March 2006 - 03:52 AM

ok this sounds good i was thinking about it during maths today lol and i have decided that it would be just 2 factions (good and evil) so yeah thats good.

the bfme 1 idea isnt so bad i think its actually quite a good idea to be honest. i would like to see what you guys think though. if anyone is seriously interested in making this mod with me then plz pm/email/msn me coz i am gonna do it almost definitely now.

T3A staff!,
hosting and a subforum would be nice but if you dont wish to i can probably get my own elsewhere.

once we get a subforum we can set up some polls and stuff to vote on certain aspects like the bfme/bfme2 thing.

my big question atm though is that what book shall we base it off? or should we kinda base it off all the books and grab the best bits off it. or do we start on one and make like expansions for it which include different books? there will be a campaign in it and i am gonna go to the library and re-read some of them to help with writing tech-trees and stuff.

If anyone would like to join this mod i will be creating a mod team we currently need

Modelers
Skinners
Animators
Binders
ini Coders
Mappers
2d Artists
AI Coders
Idea People

you see this is a reasonably big modding project so we need all the help we can get so if you can help in anyway please PM/MSN/Email me please!

thanks

Edited by The Doctor, 22 March 2006 - 05:11 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 Stealthsnake

Stealthsnake

Battles of Gondor mod leader

• Hosted
  • 976 posts
  • Projects:Battles of Gondor
  •  coder, skinner, mapper, graphics

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

well definitly count me in.
i can be an ini coder , and part of the idears crew. Cus ive read most of the books (i dont think i read some of the later 1s) and ive just discoved i still have them so i can reread the book we wiull be working on.

Also i am convinced now that it should be for bfme1, as it will be more simple.

it would be good if we could base it on the original redwall book.
but i think it should be based on a book that involves Salamandastrond, red wall, some sea rats and of coarse some large army thats always marching towards redwall :lol: . I dont think i can think of a book that involes all of them though...
Posted Image
Posted Image
a mod for rotwk, includes Harad, Rhun, Rohan and Southern Fiefdoms Factions, beta released, site/forums for the mod is here.

#13 Tomat

Tomat

title available

• Project Team
  • 485 posts
  • Projects:Nothing(retired)

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

I think that you need to post more information on the book. coz i for one haven't read it. and i bet that there are several modders that aint either. that makes modders not intrestead so its harder to get a team. just give more inf
Posted Image

#14 Lord Dragonclaw

Lord Dragonclaw

I am Epic.

• Project Team
  • 611 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Epic.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

i though of a redwall mod, awhile ago. But i thoughtn that hardly any1 would know the books. Id be intrested (after the fos mod though).

hows this for sides, not sure on spelling though (its been wawhile since ive read them)

Gabool- king of sea rats

i think this would be good for bfme2, imagine wotr except war of mirkwood or something lol

Eh I think its Ferango the assasin and Cloony the scourge. Considering theres a ton of books which one(s) are you basing this on?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Celeglin

Celeglin

Silhouette of a Serenade

• Hosted
  • 2,468 posts
  • Projects:The Elven Alliance, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:44 PM

T3A staff!,
hosting and a subforum would be nice but if you dont wish to i can probably get my own elsewhere.

I already told you, we don't just give out hosting. Show some work aside from ideas, and then we'll talk.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:48 PM

k thats good me nd tom are working on it atm but can u move this to bfme 1 modding please

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:49 PM

Gabool- king of sea rats

Y'see! I told you some kid would come up with this

I wouldn't base it on ANY existing book. Go for your own story, with your own heroes (I'm sure you can think up your own Abbey warrior, badger lord etc..) gives you much more freedom.

#18 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:53 PM

ok sweet thats a good idea thanks dain i'll start now.

still if anyone wants to help in absolutely anyway we would be delighted to have to on board. currently its me as a skinner and modeler and tom as a coder so if anyone else can help please let me know and we will make this thing happen.

btw im not just a kid but i think this would make a great mod

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:56 PM

He's just joking when he say's you're a kid. :lol:
But come on, show us some skins/models for once! :) *Waits*

#20 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:05 PM

lol im working on it, this was started yesterday lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users