Photo

Welcome to this better-late-than-never new SubForum!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 23 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

Its Purpose: to assist future mod teams in creating rather exceptionally-unique AI scripts that go outside the realm we're used to in terms of gameplay. So far, with the help of both Flenser and now Arkhan (Larkin also), new scripts have been developed over a 9 month period to allow various mods coming down the line to have new AI routines designed specifically for them. The most notable, but not talked about (its a secret) is deepstriking engineers from the HQ which possess interesting and new challenges based on how to demand them and when/where to deepstrike them at critical moments.

Ideally, I'd like to get all the major AI coders here on with most of the mods and fortunately the amount of mod-specific AI code has been low since most upcoming mods will 9/10 times use the same DoW/WA gameplay elements.

I have always realized that involving one's self in this work goes outside the current and 1+ year AI project but we all know that eventually it has to happen: our work will be inevitably be requested to work outside itself into other new possibilities thus even further strengthening the project's ability to future-proof itself.

Yes I am concerned about "diluting" our work so all the hard stuff has been done already (mod integration) so I do not expect any hard-nosed mass testing from the elite coders here: you have done so much already that involving you in all these upcoming mod projects would be too overwhelming. Granted, if you want "IN" let me know. :lol: I could use a second or third opinion and you get to see things you'd never thought possible (or better then Relic could do). Let me know.

Hope to have your comments and discussions in the coming weeks in these select topics.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users