• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:41 PM

i made a mod with new models so i know i must use the -mod command thingy... i have it all set up, the "haldir.big" is in :C:\Documents and Settings\Robert\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth™ II Files
and my icon has the following target: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Battle for Middle-earth ™ II\lotrbfme2.exe" - mod haldir.big

but it wont run!!!!!!!!! the game starts like normal... what did i do wrong...

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

#2 Rockon12

Rockon12
  • Project Team
  • 197 posts
  • Projects:Age of Elves, Galaxy at War

Posted 28 March 2006 - 11:53 PM

Well, what is it supposed to start like? How do you know your mod isn't running?
Posted Image

#3 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:15 AM

i redid the haldir model, and aded the original elven warriors to the barracks, they arent there and haldir is the same as ever

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Rockon12

Rockon12
  • Project Team
  • 197 posts
  • Projects:Age of Elves, Galaxy at War

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:30 AM

In your haldir.big, do you have Haldirs ini file as "data/ini/object/goodfaction/units/elven/haldir.ini" and your .w3d file as "art/w3d/<name given in haldir.ini>.w3d" and texture as "art/w3d/<texture name>.tga"?
If you abbreviate them to haldir.ini, haldir.w3d, or haldir.tga, I'm pretty sure it won't work. Also, if you changed the directory of Haldir, you will have to change the name or there will be two "Object ElvenHaldir"s, and if you changed the name, you will need a new playertemplate.ini file in there with the new name. I'm pretty sure you know all this but I'm just making sure.

EDIT: Ooops, just noticed this was for BFMEII modding, so things might be a bit different (I don't have it yet).

Edited by Rockon12, 29 March 2006 - 12:31 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:46 AM

the EUHaldir.w3d is in the eu subfolder, the textures are in the eu subfolder, the object is the same just edited with a new model

#6 Boy_suicide

Boy_suicide
  • Members
  • 226 posts
  • Projects:Projects of some kind.
  •  Blue Text! YAY!

Posted 29 March 2006 - 01:50 AM

I'm pretty sure you have to tweak it to make it compatible with BFME II, although I have been too lazy to code anything in it after I unlocked the hidden textures....

#7 Kelso

Kelso

BFME Admin

• Project Team
  • 1,467 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Rome, Rise of Rome 2
  •  AWD and T3A Team Chamber Leader
  • Job:Designer: Rise of Rome 1 and 2

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:48 AM

Dump your mod into a directory, say C:\haldir and then try pointing to it with the mod switch, like -mod C:\haldir
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Developer

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:38 AM

I tried with "-mod C:\mymod" and it works perfectly even with a new model, but kelso, can it work with "mymod.big" in the Application Data folder? Or it will never work?

However I have a problem with the INI code, in fact, when I put the gamedata.ini in C:\mymod\data\ini\object and I named it "datacodes.ini" and when I start the game there is much of gamecrash, and I didn't modify anything, so why?

Edited by TheDeadPlayer, 29 March 2006 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Deathstrike

Deathstrike
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 03:08 PM

However I have a problem with the INI code, in fact, when I put the gamedata.ini in C:\mymod\data\ini\object and I named it "datacodes.ini" and when I start the game there is much of gamecrash, and I didn't modify anything, so why?

Put it in C:\mymod\data\ini, not C:\mymod\data\ini\object. If it still doesn't work then you've got something else wrong, since it works fine with me.

#10 ched

ched

• Undead
  • 4,431 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  • Job:Previous Division Leader

Posted 29 March 2006 - 08:58 PM

ooh, so they fixed the gamedata problem :ohmy:
Software is like sex; it's better when it's free ~Linus Torvald

#11 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:12 PM

they didn't

on top of that, you can't use #include in -mod mods

Edited by 2playgames, 29 March 2006 - 09:13 PM.

bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#12 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Donated

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:05 PM

but i want a .big not individule folders, and if it were to be tht way iwouldnt not be ble to use my new asset.dt

#13 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:38 AM

ooh, so they fixed the gamedata problem :p

No, if I put the "gamedata.ini" file in the folder ini, the game starts but my modifications don't work! The gamedata isn't read! however if I put the gamedata, named to "datacodes" in the folder "object" it is read but there is some crash!... without modifying it in the last case.

"SDK Kwen : but i want a .big not individule folders, and if it were to be tht way iwouldnt not be ble to use my new asset.dt"

Ok, I tried and I succeeded, I added a new model I put the asset.dat directly in the file.big and the others: the model "art\w3d\nu\..." without skin and the code in the data folder. However I saw that you put a space between - and mod ! You must write "[...].exe" -mod haldir.big not "- mod haldir.big" !

Edited by TheDeadPlayer, 30 March 2006 - 08:55 AM.

Posted Image

#14 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 01:13 PM

but i want a .big not individule folders, and if it were to be tht way iwouldnt not be ble to use my new asset.dt

if you put your mod in C:\mymod, just put your assets in C:\mymod\asset.dat and you're good
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#15 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

Ok it's exact 2playgames, but SDK Kwen wants a .big folder, so he must do what I said, but does somebody have a solution for the gamedata.ini? And we can use #include in -mod mods!
Posted Image

#16 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:36 PM

yeah i know, i was going to edit my post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users