• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:46 PM

I have to agree about the GPS, though I've been campaigning to have it removed completly

#22 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:52 AM

It's going to be a tech building remember, and it will only reveal structures of type FS_FACTORY, which means Structure and unit that has that KindOf will show on the radar.

As for the laser cannons question, they have it because the sniper rifle has a long reload time, and a clip of 5, the back weapons are special abilities, if you fire missiles from the back of the Panzer Exosuit, they scatter lock if I can get it working, each missile finds its own target. The Lasers just allow them to deal with heavier armor, and don't worry, he's fast enough with the laser, it's not a heavy laser.

It will be side specific, for the US, but you have to have other things to build them, specifically other tech buildings, meaning you have to keep them. The Sniper exosuit (Stalker) will require the tech GPS station. The Medium Exosuit will require you to have a strategy center, and a tech research lab. The Panzer Exosuit will require the rare Tech Hurricane Cannon. Also as said before the Dozer Bay is just for testing purposes, for quick build list error checks. Each Exosuit can only be built twice except for the sniper version, due to it's ability to cover half the map in less then ten seconds when using it's jetpack, which has a recharge time of 1 minute.

@ crave, yes, but the modeler of the suits couldn't get the torso right, so we switched to AC mechs from my save files.

As for the US being unbalanced, as said in the above statements, they are losing the GPS Station and it will become a tech building. As for the CB, each side will have an equally powerful counterpart or defense. GLA will have my version of an SA 3 which I will then transform into an SA 6 which will be able to be built only 3 times, but can shoot down normal aircraft in an area of 30 in one shot, or a single B3 or Cargo Plane with two shots. China will have an early warning system that will sound an alarm when an enemy unit enters its range, at which point, migs will be called in for an air strike on those units, a limit of 1 for this building, since the migs will do a saturation bombing and will call in the SU-47's when it's an air unit, the alarm will sound still, but the migs will take 2 minutes to reload. The Militia will of course have their Multi-Turret system (MTS) which can be loaded with their Gladiator soldier, which you wont see till the public release of 8.0, he's their new AT soldier, yes they still have the stingers, he can destroy a tank in two hits, and an overlord in 6, when added to the MTS, he can then fire on aircraft, and only on aircraft, but they then have the special ability to deploy the turret, when deployed it will shoot the missiles into the air and on to a target across the map, but the accuracy lacks, you can have a total of 4 of these soldiers, and the ability when fired, will barrage a base, and actually cover the area of a base. This uses the Anti-Tank version, but due to the large amounts of damage, the reload time is in upwards of 3 minutes, because of the 20 missiles each turret will fire, there will also be ways of stopping these, the SA 6 can shoot them down in groups. Also as it currently is each bomblet does 200 damage from the 300 it used to, so it just leaves the CC really really damaged.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#23 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 07:34 PM

@ VG

Scatter Lock as in Homing Cluster Missles from Rouge Squadron?

#24 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:40 PM

Perhaps we can make it so the Cluster Bomb is only for the SW General? That way, a general that is supposed to deal damage with generals powers and superweapons is the only one who nearly gets a 1-hit Kill on anything. Or maybe the AF Gen, he is a bit cough! cough! bomb-crazy! Cough! :p

Edited by 00 Nobody, 03 April 2006 - 09:43 PM.

00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#25 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:49 PM

Ehhh, more like Fires Twelve missiles each targeting their own target if it's possible to get working.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#26 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:46 PM

Ehhh, more like Fires Twelve missiles each targeting their own target if it's possible to get working.

dought that somehow
but a nice idea :p :p
Posted Image

#27 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:03 PM

I for one agree with VG's idea of making the mechs useable at a tech stuctere it's fair. Another thing can u add like a rocket launcher on the dune buggy for the milita they don't have to be big rockets they can be 1 on each side of it firing like 2 from each with reload time being 10 or 15 sec's if that's ok and i know i just went off topic sry :p .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#28 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

I for one agree with VG's idea of making the mechs useable at a tech stuctere it's fair. Another thing can u add like a rocket launcher on the dune buggy for the milita they don't have to be big rockets they can be 1 on each side of it firing like 2 from each with reload time being 10 or 15 sec's if that's ok and i know i just went off topic sry :p .

Umm. Perhaps my memory is shot (I'm 40 now, so it's very possible :p ) but the Militia's bots come with two sorta kinda slow firing missiles. So, why would you want that for the buggies? The buggies have dual 50 cal. machine guns on them, if my memory serves me correctly.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#29 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:27 AM

it was just a thought that i wanted to say is all :p .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#30 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:31 PM

That's ok. That's what this forums about. Ideas. I was just puzzled that's all. (which for me is not an uncommon state of mind. :lol: )

Bring on the ideas. :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#31 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 07 April 2006 - 12:53 AM

90% of what currently is the militia is getting redone. Meaning new models and stuff :D.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#32 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 05:34 PM

SWEET i can't wait tell it's done it sounds awsome and i wish u the best of luck with ur mod later :ohmy: .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

#33 PR 4 @LL!!!

PR 4 @LL!!!
  • Members
  • 157 posts
  • Projects:HAving fun
  •  Nothings impossible!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:20 AM

i dont really agree with superunits to be hounest becuz 1 unit taking out a whole base in kinda unreal, but those exo thingys sound rather kool and will be interresting on the battlefild, will the AI use them?????
about the militia i thinks its all fine cept to annoying gun on the war fac dnt shoot properly as ur awear and the bombardment thing on there defence is slow , i dont mean the actual weapon but if you click on it theres the bursts of 3 thing, gr8 idea. i wud b willing to help in neway i can with this mod but i dnt ave a clue where to start nd i cant get ne other programms which u need to pay for.
also i jst red VGs post up abit and please wot is a tech research lab nd wot does it do sorry i kno its proberly answered i jus dont get it.

Edited by PR 4 @LL!!!, 08 April 2006 - 11:26 AM.

#34 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:05 PM

Not even the team knows what it does, considering I'm the only one coding, the research lab will be making a debut in the US missions when you find TX-15 Defender ABT. Not in multiplayer, but the defender is making it's appearance again. A new model, animations, and everything, you can use them in GLA missions aswell if you steal them from the US, missions will mingle with eachother. The AI should use all their new units by 9.0, 8.0 will be used to test the new AI's commandset issues.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#35 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

Yay Command Set Issues!!! lol. Just kidding, and I'm glad the Defender is coming back. You know how much I loved it VG :wuv:

#36 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:34 PM

About the militia and command sets - could you add a stop firing one to the militia war factory because once i told it to attack somewhere to find its range but i couldn't stop it firing. it was annoying. also could you make the artillery gun just a bit more powerful, because as things stand... well, it sucks. i end up using war factorys to defend cos their guns are better and then, you know where this is going.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#37 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:05 AM

The War Factory guns are about half as strong as the Artillery, it's the DamageType that makes it do more damage, the Artillery wont get more damage due to the fact that they are cheaper then the factory, have an ability to bombard an area, and have a significantly longer range then any other defense.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#38 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:11 PM

a few things.

1: Make sure that the truck that carries men is getting revamped, it's actually a GLA Supply Truck model from Beta Generaals or ZH. If you're already doing it, Great.

2: Bob, I think he was talking about the Militia Dune Buggy, not the Bots. Just letting you know.

3: The CB varient for the Airforce General sounds great. If only we had some ppl from EA that made ZH on our side... Then we'd have it working! :p

4: Is it possible to add the Tech Lab to any maps or missions we make?

5: Perhaps reduce the reload time (for the Bombard and regular fire) for the Artillery. Either that or give them a defense that fires AT Rockets (unless the MTS does that, it sounds more like AA than AT) to destroy tanks.

That is all.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#39 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

Ehhh, no it's not, you can't get a supply truck from the beta generals, they never even made a model for it. Sleipnir modeled this one, and the version with a tarp over it. The Comanche was even supposed to have an escape pod for the pilot in the Alpha versions, which I have the ini code for, but I have none of the models or skins.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#40 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 13 April 2006 - 03:11 PM

OK Vanguard, thats fine. But to exploit their really long range, dont you have to have something extending their line of sight ? Because the range of the Artillery gun is greater than its LOS. i think.
I was just wondering, how high tech are the militia? i've always thought of it as GLA with lowest tech, China in the middle and USA at the top. But where do the militia fit into this scale?
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users