#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

Which one do you think the Russians should have as their main battle tank?

T-90
T-80UM2 "Black Eagle"
T-95

The T-90 is the best Russian tank atm but the T-80UM2 or the T-95 was planed to replace it at the end of 90’s. Dew to financial problems & budget cuts neither has been put into production tho. There is no concrete information regarding the T-95 & a lot of what you can find on the net is mainly speculation & rumours. The T-80UM2 on the other hand has had several prototypes built & could go into production as soon as the financial situation becomes more stable.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:21 PM

Which one do you think the Russians should have as their main battle tank?

T-90
T-80UM2 "Black Eagle"
T-95

The T-90 is the best Russian tank atm but the T-80UM2 or the T-95 was planed to replace it at the end of 90’s. Dew to financial problems & budget cuts neither has been put into production tho. There is no concrete information regarding the T-95 & a lot of what you can find on the net is mainly speculation & rumours. The T-80UM2 on the other hand has had several prototypes built & could go into production as soon as the financial situation becomes more stable.

Like you said, the T-95 is little more than rumors. The Black Eagle is a technology demonstator so i think the best choice is the T-90.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 02 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

Some sources say it’s a demo tank, some say it’s for export only & others say it planned to be the next Russian MBT. The sources that call it a demo normally refer to the version shown at Omsk 97 armaments exhibition, which was basically a T-80U with a new (mock) turret. But at Omsk 99 a new version was shown with a new hull & fully working turret, that version is generally believed to be in competition with the T-95 for the job of being the next MBT. No one but the top bass in the military know what the full story is tho as pretty much everything about it is classified.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 mevitar

mevitar

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Hosted
  • 1,971 posts
  • Projects:Doom Desire
  •  (◉ _ ◉)

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

i would also say that the best choice is the T-90, after all, there is no guarantee what tank will replace it in the future, and even if it would be the T-80UM2, i strongly doubt it could replace all T-90's until 2010, or even 2020
ded signature

(◉ ᗝ ◉)

#5 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 02 April 2006 - 04:31 PM

Spoil sports :rolleyes: I was looking forward to making a voxel of the Black Eagle, spent the whole day looking it up too. I guess I'll make the T-90 instead tho...

BTW the T-90 is a heavy modified T-72 used as stop-gap until a new MBT is put into production (i.e. the T-80UM2/T-95) & currently only makes up around 3% of Russia’s total tank force...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:56 PM

yeah id go for the T-90 as the timeline is set like 10 years from now.

however a Black Eagle Create tank maybe ? :rolleyes:
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#7 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 07:50 PM

isn't there a variant of the T-80 thats better than the T-90? can't remember... :)
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#8 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 02 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

isn't there a variant of the T-80 thats better than the T-90? can't remember... :)

There are several, but they're all from the Ukrain :p

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#9 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 02 April 2006 - 11:37 PM

That’s the T-84 & it's debateable if it's better or not...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 DAA

DAA

Leader of Team Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Projects:Modern Warfare TC
  •  Deutsches Military Officer

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:14 PM

I would love to see the black eagle tank ingame.

#11 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 08 April 2006 - 09:18 PM

meh u could have them as crate unions of as a capture factory type reward or stolen tech lol
Posted Image

#12 LEGO

LEGO

title available

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:49 AM

t90 is designed mostly for export.
and as an upgraded t72, i don't think it's better than early t80

and any body know that stealth T-2000 or so ?(not that in Terminator :) )
it will be more likely to survive the USAF, and would be a good high-tech tank in this near future mod.

see here:
http://www.xjjjb.com...ntent_67787.jsp
pull the page down, there are other 2 down side

Edited by LEGO, 26 April 2006 - 01:10 AM.

#13 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:41 AM

my chinese is a little rusty :)
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users