Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 04 April 2006 - 06:31 AM

I'm not sure if anyone will find theis helpful - maybe those that dislike the lack of antialiasing in W3D viewer and like to take screens of their animated models, etc. I just found this out and it's useful to me.

You can force AA for W3D Viewer by creating a preset in the ATI Control Centre. Essentially you set the AA controls to maximum, not "let the application decide" as per default. When set up properly, you can enable this preset when you're ready to take a screenshot - all programs, including W3D viewer will suddenly have some AA. It doesn't appear to completely eliminate the problem, but it does improve the look of screens somewhat. You can also set anisotropic filtering in the same way, which will greatly improve the look of the textures. Make sure to switch it back afterwards, it can cause some problems with 3D apps (lags my 3DS Max to hell) and games.

Posted Image

I hear Nvidia has a similar setup for their cards, so you Nvidia users shouldn't have much trouble adapting this.

Now if only there was some way to get shadows in there...

Edited by Nertea, 04 April 2006 - 06:31 AM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#2 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 04 April 2006 - 11:31 AM

Nice find, not a big difference but there certainly is one. Too bad, if I tamper with my ATI Control Centre neither BFMEs won't run.

Retired

#3 Master Windu

Master Windu

The Master.

• Advisors
  • 2,150 posts
  • Projects:Galaxy at War, Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 April 2006 - 03:43 PM

Something simliar found: while in Renx, make sure you dont have any mesh selected, then press Ctrl-T. you should see a sharper view of the skin plus it aligns simlar color patterns. So basically it make it look more like what you'll see in w3d viewer.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users