UT2K4 meets RA2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Natus

Natus

i maid a telescope with my smarties toob

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts
  • Projects:Ex mapper, GCII Fanatic and sound tech.
  •  "Go fudge yourself you smarmy overly-camp handsome barstard" - Neil Faz

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:55 PM

Announcement by me, ive recently joined a UT2k4 mod team as the PR guy so im posting this *everywhere*... dear god they better appreciate this...

http://www.alsmod.inf-network.net/

Have a look, it looks quite promising. They are looking for people and such, and i thought some of you lads might like to have a look at it.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#2 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:12 PM

{fixed link}

All i can see is fame seeking slackers, hosted by a rival network.

In true newbie style, i give the kiss of death:
good luck!

#3 Gfunk

Gfunk
  • New Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:41 AM

Lol...
I'm laughing because of Detail, not at the mod...
anyway, it looks interesting.

#4 Daz

Daz

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,654 posts
  •  Revora Co-Founder

Posted 14 May 2004 - 11:32 AM

What looks interesting, there's nothing there?

#5 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

It's not a hated network. Hated networks get word filters so that you can't link to them.

This is a rival because of a miss understanding.
(and because there needed: Without enemys you can have no friends, without friends you can have no enemys)

#6 Cyclone7

Cyclone7
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:33 PM

So this game is a cross between unreal tourney 4 and red alert 2? A combination between RTS and FPS? Sounds awesome, hope it is successful. I also hope more info about the mod is posted on that site.

#7 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:59 PM

Well, i think they are currently finishing the first of the wep models, ill get pics of them and put them up here.
Natus 3.4

Corrupt program now requires constant reboots and does not function at all in majority of instances. Designed with a web browser component to replace AOL, it has exceeded our expectations by being more crashy and unreliable and with worse tech support. We didn't think it was physically possible! A general product recall is advised; when it does function it seems to require background processes Girl 0.1Beta to stave off further crashes. Will someone PLEASE remove that code, and insert Backbone 1.9 in its place? That's assuming we even bother to continue this prog.

#8 Cyclone7

Cyclone7
  • New Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:30 PM

what happened to this mod? The site is down? Is it still under development?

#9 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:00 PM

Weve moved, just waiting for new site to be done and the forum to be opened.
Natus 3.4

#10 user_unknown

user_unknown

Federation Supreme Commander

• Hosted
  • 404 posts
  • Projects:Event Horizon

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

I ws thinking about making a TS mod for UT2004. It would still be first person though, just set in the TS universe.

Are there any copyright problems you have encountered with this? You won't be able to enter the MSU contest, due to copyright probs, but is that it?

#11 Natus

Natus

• Project Team
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:55 PM

Thats about the only prob yeah. As for a TS conversion, thats entirely possible, they did it with Renegade after all. Plus, it would be pretty unique after all, and with the vehicles in TS, you would have a very open ended mod.
Natus 3.4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users