Installation without the installer

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Stigar_*

Guest_Stigar_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 02:18 AM

Hello. :wub:

I'm just about to install DoW again, and going through the usual routine of googling for a reminder on how to "tweak" the graphics and all that (Funny. It's supposed to say how to do it all in the WA readme, yet, I haven't been able to see ANYTHING there!), as well as downloading your obligatory mod.

Point is, I really don't see a reason to be using the mod-manager tool to switch to and fro in this case when there's clearly no reason for me to want to play the original that has the exact same stuff exept for the fuggled-up AI.

So how do I make it so that it replaces WA's native AI? What folder(s) is it in?

Hoping for a reply. I did a search, but I got an error saying it yielded no results. :huh:

Thanks again. Please reply with haste! I might not respond until later tomorrow, though as it's time for me to go to sleep. Looking forward to your replies... ^_^

#2 Corsix

Corsix

Code Monkey

• Hosted
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI, DoW Mod Studio
  •  Blue Text :)

Posted 14 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

If you use the DoWAI mod AI with the WXP expansion, then you may be unable to play the expansion online.
If you want to make the DoWAI mod AI part of WXP, copy the data folder from (DoW)\dowai_mod\Data to (DoW)\wxp\Data
Posted Image

#3 Excedrin

Excedrin
  • Project Team
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

You can play online with the Skirmish AI mod copied into WXP. You can even play games with multiple AIs, though only the ones running on your computer will use the skirmish ai mod.

Sync errors are only caused by differences in the attrib or scar folders.

#4 Guest_Stigar_*

Guest_Stigar_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2006 - 11:03 PM

Why, thank you very much. Much appriciated. :shiftee:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users