#81 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

Then why isn't everything on Revora under Ralert?

We've had this discussion already, Dan, and your argument is just pithy.

#82 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:40 AM

Unless there is creation of music going on in the section, it should NOT be in RCAlert (or whatever the hell it's called). So far there has been no original works, just discussion about the works of people who do not attend this board, and more than likely never will. I don't know why everyone is being so difficult about this, just move the damn thing.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#83 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:46 AM

Ah, more voices of reason :p

#84 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 25 April 2006 - 04:46 PM

Unless there is creation of music going on in the section, it should NOT be in RCAlert

He kinda makes sense.

#85 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:55 PM

But with Revora basing more onto hubs or whatever you want to call them, the correct hub choice would have been RCAlert. Just because RCAlert is currently restricted to "in house" creativity discussion, doesnt mean cannot or should not look at widening what it offers in order to attract people to it.
Dan

#86 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

Is it basing more into hubs now?

Could've fooled me.

But if you're gonna do that, rename Community to Ralert, and then put all the current Ralert under that Community section. That way you don't have to be seen to be conceding to the majority, and everyone's a winner.

Edited by Paradox, 26 April 2006 - 02:01 PM.

#87 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:13 PM

Ash, sometimes I really do wish you'd grow up and stop being so damned pathetic. Making suggestions like that does not help anyone on either side of the argument whatsoever, and only serves to highlight your own personal weaknesses.

Before contributing further, please spend some time and think whether it will actually be of benefit to the topic.
Dan

#88 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

But with Revora basing more onto hubs or whatever you want to call them, the correct hub choice would have been RCAlert. Just because RCAlert is currently restricted to "in house" creativity discussion, doesnt mean cannot or should not look at widening what it offers in order to attract people to it.

Well if it's not going to be restricted to "in house" creativity, than it is just another general section. Then you have redundancy, and one or the other needs to be removed. Sections have a purpose so that its easy to find things. I wouldn't go to a place where people usually post things that they have created to talk about someone elses musical taste.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#89 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:20 PM

Ash, sometimes I really do wish you'd grow up and stop being so damned pathetic. Making suggestions like that does not help anyone on either side of the argument whatsoever, and only serves to highlight your own personal weaknesses.

Before contributing further, please spend some time and think whether it will actually be of benefit to the topic.

o_0

I was making a point, Dan. The point was that for all the good Music is doing under Ralert in its current state, which is, and I quote you here: " "in house" creativity discussion,".
You plan to "widening what it offers in order to attract people to it." from the currently-existing 'in-house-only' method basically would incorporate moving everything under Community under there. You know why? Because that would widen it away from in-house only. At very LEAST, Gaming should be shoved under Ralert, since that would be crediting the creativity shown by the game makers.

You yourself have said that the suggestion was fucking pointless, therefore you've essentially agreed with me on the point that having Music under ralert is fucking pointless.

So, by your own condescending tone, you've basically acceded to my argument. You think that having non-Revorian-creative stuff under Ralert is a bad idea. So how's about you just go and move Music now?

Ralert was ALWAYS intended for Revorian creativity. NOT for discussing outside stuff. That was my point, or maybe during your leave of absence you've lost your sense of sarcasm.

Before proceeding to patronise me, at first try and see what I'm really trying to say.

Hrod has also accentuated this point with his point about redundancy. Either Music should be put under Community (where, logically, it belongs), or all Community should be moved under Ralert, because otherwise one or the other becomes redundant. And since you've already dismissed the idea of moving Community under Ralert as fucking pointless (which it is), the only logical option is the movement of Music to its rightful place.

Edited by Paradox, 27 April 2006 - 12:22 PM.

#90 Samael

Samael

Living life to the fullest

• Project Team
  • 1,477 posts
  • Projects:Living my Life the right way
  •  Baller

Posted 28 April 2006 - 02:18 AM

Damn I am missing everything :p .

I like this idea and I wish for this feature be avilable for future uses :) and if you are looking for a admin to run it I vote for Apollo because he has a alot of respect from most of us and Ash should be part of it in some way. Maybe Apollo can make him his playlist bitch :p or I'll vote for Holly and Apollo or Ash and Holly if Apollo is not up to it.

#91 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:54 AM

With it being under RCalert at the moment, Lee's the responsible admin. If you mean moderator, Holly's the moderator.

#92 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:33 PM

Apollo never even posted in the Music forum heh. :p

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#93 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 05:30 PM

He has, actually, once or twice. Not much tho.

#94 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:43 AM

Alright, my bad. :p

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#95 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

As a sidenote: Don't think we've forgotten, Adminfolks...

#96 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:24 PM

Had the above message not been posted by Ash I would've said grow some patience :p. (maybe only Ash will get this one but meh :p).

For now, just enjoy the music forum, its topics won't change with it being in another main forum. I understand your point though and this decision is not upto me, as you know.

#97 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:25 PM

I'm making the point of bumping the topic to realise that the issue won't go away, and I've yet to see a valid reason for it to be where it is.

#98 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 30 April 2006 - 11:04 PM

Valid reason #1. RCalert deals with the arts, this includes music as well as visual and wordage.
Valid reason #2. Its overlooked and needs something to try to draw more people over.
Valid reason #3. You're posted there, so I guess it must work dispite location.
The Leaders have spoken, no? How long will this argument go for?

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#99 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

Valid reason #1. RCalert deals with the arts, this includes music as well as visual and wordage.

Surely Gaming should go under as well? Technically, it's a creative art in its own right. And infact, there's more 'revorian-created' games than there are musics. After all, what are mods? Should THEY go under Ralert too? (This is what I was trying to hammer across to dancam)

Valid reason #2. Its overlooked and needs something to try to draw more people over.

Then let's put CNC Guild under it. That'd draw people over too! Same point again.

Valid reason #3. You're posted there, so I guess it must work dispite location.

It doesn't work. I post in Music. Moving it to Ralert won't suddenly make me want to post in the rest of Ralert. If it were moved to T3A, it wouldn't make me want to post in T3A any more than I already do. I'd just post in Music.

The Leaders have spoken, no? How long will this argument go for?

Well I can't help it if I and a number of other members believe it's currently misplaced, and despite no end of saying as much, no Leader bothers to listen. The one that does is instantly rebuked like some four-year-old for doing so, despite the fact he technically should be the ONLY leader.

I don't know why I waste my time. I really don't.

#100 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:39 PM

The only person who deserves to be the ONLY leader here Ash is Mastermind. He keeps this place on the internet, not Tom.

What you don't seem to be able to understand Ash, is that when people disagree with your opinion, or simply want to try something a bit different, it doesn't make it automatically wrong.

Inspite of the music forum being placed with RCAlert it is still generating hits.

Other forums are staying where they are. Deal with it. At the end of the day, you and a few others might not like it, but im not gonna lie in bed at night fretting because Ash is upset with the placement of a forum on an internet site.

You feel your argument is rock solid, yet it hasn't convinced any leader other than Hybrid that moving it might be a good idea. Either come up with better arguments, or leave the issue alone.
Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users