Hamachi - Virtual LAN to Contra

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TuomaZ

TuomaZ
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:29 AM

In hamachi you can play Contra or Remix with other peoples in LAN LOBBY, When you have logged in to hamachi
(It makes virtual Lan with other users) :shiftee:

-> Download Hamachi from http://www.hamachi.cc/download and install it...
-> The Hamachi wizard should start automatically and will guide you trough all basic functions of this neat software.
-> if you get a yellow dot ( which means some sort of nat problem ) go in the "preferences" menu and then in the "System" submenu. Tick the " Magic Option " and set a port: i.e. 12976
-> Go into your firewall setup and forward the port you just set ( 12976 ). this is an UDP port, so set it as UDP.

------> Come on to my Server In Hamachi <------ :
Name: Contra004
Password: contra

-TuomaZ

Edited by TuomaZ, 11 June 2006 - 10:03 AM.

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:35 PM

In hamachi you can play Contra or Remix with other peoples in LAN LOBBY, When you have logged in to hamachi
(It makes virtual Lan with other users) :dry:

Yes, we also use this. its very very nice. It also can sometimes bypass connection issues caused by logging into EA games.

In adition to Hamachi I also recomend Team Speak or Ventrilo for Voice Over IP while gaming.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:51 PM

Wow....it's great.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#4 Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

me and one of my friends have been trying to do this, we cant get it to work tho. If i create a game, it doesnt appear in his LAN Lobby, and if he goes to direct connect and types in my IP that way it still doesnt work, we tried both my normal ip and the Hamatchi IP, anyone got any ideas? which IP would we use?

#5 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:36 PM

Hamachi ip.
But is your freind loged in into your hamachi server?

Posted Image

#6 Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

yeah he is, and all our firewalls are disabled as well so it cant be that

one thing, im running remix and hes running normal Zero hour (just trying to see if we could see each other in game at this point) could this be the problem?

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:20 PM

one thing, im running remix and hes running normal Zero hour (just trying to see if we could see each other in game at this point) could this be the problem?

:) Yes, that might be the problem.... .... ....

Edited by Pendaelose, 23 April 2006 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:25 PM

turns out that wasnt the problem (stupid mistake i know :)) both running zero hour with remix and still nothing appears in lobby and direct connect doesnt work :(

#9 Black_Eagle

Black_Eagle
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

wahey! got it working :) didnt realise you had to go into the in game options and change the LAN IP to the hamachi one :)

#10 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 23 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

Lol, wierd mine did that automaticly.

Posted Image

#11 TuomaZ

TuomaZ
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:02 AM

Thx Black_Eagle now my contra is working too!!

#12 KOC2000

KOC2000
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:19 AM

GREAT.. i was playing this with other players with normal Zero Hour (I hate it, very unbalanced and stupid).. good to find someone to play contra with. ;)
But I joined the network and no one is online :( I hope it get's FULL soon so we can play..

The other guys also play with STUPID rules. LIMIT superweapons starting cash is 10000. I don't like RULES in was games, you should use everything you have. :)

See you.

#13 TuomaZ

TuomaZ
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, This topic have about 190 wiews and only 4 users have been joined.. Comon!! ;)

Name: TuomaZ Contra
Pass: contra

Remember to change you IP to hamachi IP in options if you play generals when Hamachi is started...

Edited by TuomaZ, 01 May 2006 - 12:55 PM.

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

GREAT.. i was playing this with other players with normal Zero Hour (I hate it, very unbalanced and stupid).. good to find someone to play contra with. ;)
But I joined the network and no one is online :( I hope it get's FULL soon so we can play..

The other guys also play with STUPID rules. LIMIT superweapons starting cash is 10000. I don't like RULES in was games, you should use everything you have. ;)

See you.

Limit super weapons can be OK... I find it most important when you have a problem with people super weapon farming. Contra and Remix3 both have ways of limiting the farming without restricting how many you can build, but normal zero hour doesn't. When your enemy can have 4 nuke silos up and running in under 3 minutes it kinda sucks to play.

Yeah, This topic have about 190 wiews and only 4 users have been joined.. Comon!! :rolleyes:

Name: TuomaZ Contra
Pass: contra

Remember to change you IP to hamachi IP in options if you play generals when Hamachi is started...

I'm diapointed to see such a low turn out, but it still leaves me inspired. When I finish the China alpha on remix I will be hosting a Remix Hamachi server so we can see some China PvP.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 j4m3sb0nd

j4m3sb0nd
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:31 PM

I will play, as long as its no rules. :lol:

#16 REWENGER

REWENGER

N00B Inquistor

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Projects:Planing to make my own mod
  •  Forum Writer

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:01 PM

I will play, as long as its no rules. :p

there are some rules, like no rush :lol:

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:49 PM

I will play, as long as its no rules. :D

there are some rules, like no rush :p

Theres nothing wrong with Rushing.... except that it robs everyone of a long game... still thats not a crime. If the game falls to rushing every round then its just proof that the game itself needs tweeking.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 TuomaZ

TuomaZ
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 05:22 PM

I maked new hamachi server, last one is soon full

:
Contra004
passw: contra

#19 prophet of the pimps

prophet of the pimps

Leader of the Shockwave Minions

• Project Team
  • 368 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

for the love of god if you are gonna copy someones post atlest credit them.

http://www.cncrenecl...?showtopic=3539

the helpful little hamachi guide was brought to you by YouR_DooM.

Also this is a great tool.

you should get a rotating network like the one we have at shcokwave. its really great and you always frind someone playing the mod online. all you need is a dedicated staff to maintain and clean it up regularly.

:p
"I wanted to be a neo-deconstructivist but Mom wouldn't let me"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

for the love of god if you are gonna copy someones post atlest credit them.

http://www.cncrenecl...?showtopic=3539

the helpful little hamachi guide was brought to you by YouR_DooM.

Also this is a great tool.

you should get a rotating network like the one we have at shcokwave. its really great and you always frind someone playing the mod online. all you need is a dedicated staff to maintain and clean it up regularly.

:p

Have you ever considered you might not be the only person/group to use hamachi? I had no idea you guys use it for Shockwave. I've never played SW and I've never spent much time on the Reneclips forums BUT I do use Hamachi for ZH lan games... My buddies and I found Hamachi with Google while looking for a VLAN program to let us play X-Wing vs Tie Fighter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users