• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 prophet of the pimps

prophet of the pimps

Leader of the Shockwave Minions

• Project Team
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 11:06 AM

nah he actually copy pasted the whole thing from the shockwave forum so that kind of got me a bit irritated.

Anyways. What we have a 2 networks official created by us. the password is simple.

You join the network, play the game and leave. this way there is a nice rotation of people going on. each day i remove people who are not online to allow new people to join in. its perfect. You always have someone to play with and you wlawyas have someone different to play with. so you get quality and quantity at the same time.

Also we have a pinned topic where people can post their own hamachi networks.

seriously Hamachi si the best thing that has ever happened to increase online popularity of mods.
"I wanted to be a neo-deconstructivist but Mom wouldn't let me"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:31 PM

Yeah, I guess thats a grump worthy complaint.

Hamachi has not only been fantastic for Mods, but also for older games that don't have online netowrks anymore and games that only supported LAN games.

I do have a question about hamachi though.... some one might have tried this.
Once installed it sits in the connection list as a network adapter. Can the IPX protocol be enabled on the Hamachi adapter? This would rock for old IPX only games such as StarCraft or Descent.

Another Game Hamachi fixes is Dawn of War... DoW has a CRIPPLING network bug that prevents it from using NATed IP address (behind a router). ALL of my friends and myself use home routers... so we can't play DoW togeather (The reason I went back to ZH and found Contra), until we found Hamachi. the LAN IP bypasses the NATed IP and we can merrily game once more. FOR THE EMPEROR!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#23 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:45 PM

Hmmmmm...
*Takes his tools and builds a giant "WAAARGH"*

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic