94 replies to this topic

#21 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:40 PM

I meant you could only place one at a time, while in Generals there can be as many different buildings and defenses build at one time. And I didn't mean it being a unit structre, but I use Radar heavily in my defense tactics in YR, to see if the enemy is clumping a lot of people in one area, then build up heavy defenses nearest to that clump of enemies. Saves money that way, for repairs.

Edited by Nology5890, 28 April 2006 - 06:41 PM.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#22 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 28 April 2006 - 10:27 PM

A moderator / admin should put a poll in this topic to see what people would prefer to see in C&C3, an MCV or a Dozer.

Though I personally prefer the MCV, mostly because of what Nology is saying, but also because it basically defines the older C&C games (and the Tiberian series).

Edited by Nighthawk200, 28 April 2006 - 10:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#23 MaryJo

MaryJo

The life, the Universe and Everything

• Hosted
  • 522 posts
  •  why does everyone has more posts than me? spamwhores!

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:28 PM

Screw that! Dozers are for noobs! :p

#24 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:16 AM

With the MCV, you really have to think about what you're building and when. With the dozer you just build multiple dozers and slap what you want where you want it.

MCVs > Dozers.

#25 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 03 May 2006 - 11:20 PM

I just want to be able to build at least two buildings at a time to be more ready for attacks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#26 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:49 AM

if your enemy can only build one building at a time he will be in the same situation as you.

but I guess they can also make it where you can build them in queus...or something, don't know how it will work :p
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#27 Carnivean

Carnivean

Suiseiseki

• Project Team
  • 829 posts
  •  A guy who does a thing.

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:05 PM

I'd say both - If you have a check box for multiplayer games for the host to choose if you start with Dozer units or a single MCV, then no one could really justify complaints as they'd be optional.
I do agree however MCVs should be all that's available for the campaigns.

Posted Image Posted Image

Love Me.

#28 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

mm not a stupid idea, what about tho making mcv's build the main base but maybe have like a doser type unit that builds the defence structures?

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#29 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 04 May 2006 - 08:19 PM

Holy crap, Doc, I was thinking the exact same thing. I am psyclick... I should have posted before the psyclick waves got to your brain.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#30 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:40 PM

Funny thing, the doctor is one of those do called T3A'ers that supposively never leaves the nest. ;) I'm always happy to see the migration.

And I think the idea of a combo of the two would be great. A dozer for defensive structures sounds perfect.

#31 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:31 AM

Ya it's a great idea it would make building structers alot easyer.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#32 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 05 May 2006 - 04:17 AM

Funny thing, the doctor is one of those do called T3A'ers that supposively never leaves the nest. :p I'm always happy to see the migration.

err since when hostile? i've been outside in the open of revora for the last month or so dude :) .... and loving it ;)

lol i still cant beleive u said that lol im prolly the most active t3a dude outside of t3a (next to u and a few others) ;)

@ Nology yea yea, whatever, i still posted it first tho :lol:

Edited by The Doctor, 05 May 2006 - 04:19 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#33 The Killer

The Killer
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 05:46 PM

MCV Forever

#34 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

gonna be interesting to see how they do this mobile building thingie they are planning. how its gonna affect gameplay, and how cool its gonna look. i can imagine Nod getting some subterranean buildings to mess about with.

it would be nice to have some nice 3d work of buildings collapsing into different sorts of mobile units to move them around. THATS what c&c is all about really; cool building animations :blink:

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#35 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 06 May 2006 - 12:23 AM

well i wouldnt say its what its all about but yeah it would be awesome to say buildings destroy properly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 ailestrikef36

ailestrikef36
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:08 AM

"mm not a stupid idea, what about tho making mcv's build the main base but maybe have like a doser type unit that builds the defence structures?"

hmm... how about makeing th dozer build within a specific radius of the MCV? because these defences would require power to operate. also, you could keep track of your dozer(s) easier, and make sure thatyour dozers wont get picked off one by one by long ranged enemy units....atleast not as often

Also I was thinking that there should be a restricted number of dozers, lets say...3 . because some playerrs often end up broke because they bought to many defences.

#37 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:35 AM

Welcome to Revora :lol:

hmm... how about makeing th dozer build within a specific radius of the MCV? because these defences would require power to operate. also, you could keep track of your dozer(s) easier, and make sure thatyour dozers wont get picked off one by one by long ranged enemy units....atleast not as often

yes the dozers should only be able to build within the power radius thing.

Also I was thinking that there should be a restricted number of dozers, lets say...3 . because some playerrs often end up broke because they bought to many defences.

no i dont like that, thats not the game makers fault if someone doesnt know how to play properly so nah i dont think it should matter.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 milbot

milbot

AWD moderator

• Project Team
  • 534 posts
  • Projects:AWD projects
  •  AWD Development Team
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Public Relations Director

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:53 AM

I personally like the idea. But I think dozers should be very vulnerable to enemy fire, but than again be able to build very hard to destroy defensive buildings.

Edited by milbot, 06 May 2006 - 08:53 AM.

Posted Image

#39 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:52 PM

the reason there was a distance limit on buildings was to stop you building a warfactory behind you enemies base and wiping them out.

no need for that with dozers because the need to go through your enemies base to get to the building site.
I say that if we're going to comprimise, that defences should be built as units, then deployed into their armored position.

truth be told though, that sort of thing sucks full stop, if only cause it's to over used, far as I'm concerned it should be one defence & one building at a time per conyard, the more conyards you build the faster you can rebuild from your base bairly serviving. gives you a desent chance to recover from a SW strike. and that way SWs will tru;y be late game weapons, you won't dare build a sw before getting well fortified in your location for fear of it getting screwed 7 ways from monday.
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#40 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:10 PM

you won't dare build a sw before getting well fortified in your location for fear of it getting screwed 7 ways from monday.

true,

and almost,. its 7 ways from Sunday ;)

Edited by Az3r^, 13 May 2006 - 05:10 PM.

Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users