No replies to this topic

#1 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:55 AM

[LEC] Rogue has posted on the Lucas Arts forums about the upcomming Patch 1.04 and the hopefully soon to be released Map Editor for Empire at War.

Rogue]Hey everybody!

I know I've been gone for a little while and for that I apologize. We've been preparing for E3 and it's been a wild crazy ride. If anyone is going to E3 in a couple of weeks, stop by the LucasArts booth and check out the line up for this year. There are some really great games in the works including more stuff in store for Star Wars: Empire at War.

This has also been an exciting week for EAW and I have a few announcements!

Work is nearly completed on Patch 1.04 and the targeted release is sometime next week. Here are some of the highlights:
- Numerous balancing tweaks to both the Rebellion and Empire units
- Custom maps created with the map editor can now be played in the game
- If a player needs a particular custom map in order to play in an online game, the map will be automatically downloaded
- An issue causing capital ships to sometimes become invisible has been corrected
- Check out the changes in more detail when the patch goes live!

Work on the map editor is also almost complete and is scheduled to be available as a separate download along with the release of the patch or very soon thereafter pending a few finishing touches being applied as we speak! The editor will allow users to create custom space and land maps for Star Wars: Empire at War, more details to come.

Is there going to be an expansion for Empire at War? With E3 now only 11 days away, I guess we'll find out soon enough. More news, as it comes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users