Photo

Ring heros

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Ring Hero

Should I make an unique Ring Hero for each faction?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 King of Universe

King of Universe

It is in our most dire needs, that we do our greatest deeds...

• Hosted
  • 878 posts
  • Projects:Hero Mod

Posted 30 April 2006 - 10:42 PM

I got an idea (or I read it somewhere sometime, don't remeber ^_^)
The idea is to make all the factions have theer own Ring Hero. I think it's pretty stupid that goblins can get Sauron for instance, so I thought it would be better if all had thereown.

Of the top of my head, I have some ideas for which heroes it could be.
MotW: Gandalf
Elves: Galadriel
Dwarves: Thorin Oakenshield(?)

Mordor: Sauron
Isengard:Saruman
Wild:Smaug(?)

So, what do you think? Other heroes or nothing at all.

BTW. This would be the last thing done. After the rest of the mod is 100% complete. It would be like a mod for the mod

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

#2 Theo

Theo

Hey look, im a VIP.

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Projects:Being lazy.

Posted 02 May 2006 - 08:51 AM

sounds good, could have somebody like isildur for motw or balrog for the wild faction... just ideas

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2006 - 03:29 AM

That's how its done in the Elvenstar mod

#4 Gomurr the Ancient

Gomurr the Ancient
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:33 AM

I got an idea (or I read it somewhere sometime, don't remeber :huh:)
The idea is to make all the factions have theer own Ring Hero. I think it's pretty stupid that goblins can get Sauron for instance, so I thought it would be better if all had thereown.

Of the top of my head, I have some ideas for which heroes it could be.
MotW: Gandalf
Elves: Galadriel
Dwarves: Thorin Oakenshield(?)

Mordor: Sauron
Isengard:Saruman
Wild:Smaug(?)

So, what do you think? Other heroes or nothing at all.

BTW. This would be the last thing done. After the rest of the mod is 100% complete. It would be like a mod for the mod

If I might make a suggestion:
Using the Istari as Ring Heroes seems a less-than-ideal choice to me, for they are essential heroes for their faction (especially Saruman). I would suggest the following instead:

MotW: I'm uncertain here, but Gandalf doesn't fit this in my humble opinion. Instead, what I would suggest is a Denethor hero that has a large leadership skill, and maybe several powers to simulate calling in the various allies of Minis Tirith: a power that calls forth some axe-man like units (if possible, or some other available Melee unit) called the Men of Lossarnach, a power that summons two units of improved-stats Archers called the Bows of Blackroot Vale, a power that summons three elite units of green-clad swordsmen (again, if an appropriate unit-model can be found) called the Gallant Men of Pinnath Gelin, and last, a power that summons four units of elite, stat-boosted knights called the Swan Knights of Dol Amroth or something. To simulate the fact that the strength of Gondor lays in its allies, and the power of the Steward to command their loyalty. What do you think of that idea?

Elves: I think a great idea, instead of Galadriel, would be Eärendil in Vingelot. If a Storm-ship model could be reskinned, to be made of shining silver (and maybe add a figure of Eärendil shining at the prow, if possible), and given properties to be airborne like one of the Eagles, it could be a great. He might not be a direct attack unit, but he could generate the whirlwind, cause enemies to flee, severely boost the elves in sight of him, and have a powerful Istari Light (Light of the Silmaril) power, and maybe summon some brightly clad Elven Hosts of Valinor or something. This would take way more work than it might be worth, since it seems your content with Galadriel, but it would be interesting :p

Naugrim:
For the Dwarves I'd suggest Durin the Deathless. Durin IV may have died, but he's bound to return again at some point. He could be a mighty warrior with some severe hero-killing power, maybe a passive power to cancel the effects of terror caused by creatures like the Balrog and powers that make enemies flee, an armor boosting 'Mithril of Khazad Doom' Power, a Glorious Charge type power called "Baruk Khazad" or maybe "Glories of the Past," and then perhaps a devastating Earthquake power, or a power that summons a number of dwarven hordes to him with called "Father of the Dwarves" or something. Just an idea ;)

Corrupted Wild:
For the Corrupted Wild, the Ring Hero I'd recommend would be the Balrog of Moria. If any dark will other than Sauron himself was behind the revival of evil in the Misty Mountains, it would have been that of the Balrog. Clearly the Balrog preferred to lurk in hiding than to go about making conquests and the like; but were his followers to bring him the Ring, surely he would come forth in shadow and flame to burn the world as was his wont.

Isengard:
Again, as with MotW, I wouldn't suggest using their Istar hero. One option would be to give them the Balrog, since at least the movie indicates that Saruman knew of the Balrog, and undoubtedly if he had the Ring he would call it forth to serve him. This doesn't mean the Wild couldn't have the Balrog too, since only one faction can possess the Ring at any given time. But if you wanted a different here for the two faction, then perhaps, should you go with giving Isengard the Balrong, you could give the Corrupted Wild a Dragon of some sort, like Smaug, though preferably not Smaug, as Smaug was both dead and a loner.

Another idea might be a hero that is less physical in nature than most other Ring Heros - call it the Eye of the Tower of the White Hand or something, and it could be like the Eye of Sauron, but with some powers. In a wide area around it, it could weaken the attack and slow the speed of enemies (could be passive or active), and another that, in a wide area around it, speeded up and increased the attack of allies, since the books mention that a foreign will (the will of Saruman) seemed to be fighting the progress of the Three Hunters while hastening the Uruks onwards. And then, perhaps, a summoning Uruks, Wildmen, and or Wargs spell, a spell for a lightning storm or blizzard or something, and finally a power that allows for allies to regenerate health for a time, or (preferably) regenerate health per kill (could then call the power Manflesh). The Eye or Hand or whatever you call it, should you use this idea, would probably be unable to be attacked - but perhaps it can't be summoned without Saruman, and if Saruman dies, so does it?

As always, just tossing ideas out there. Let me know what ya think if you get a chance.

#5 King of Universe

King of Universe

It is in our most dire needs, that we do our greatest deeds...

• Hosted
  • 878 posts
  • Projects:Hero Mod

Posted 10 May 2006 - 12:49 PM

I love all the ideas, and I'll try to use all of them :huh: For Isengard I'll do the hand thing :p
And do you have MSN? If you do, add me (address in my profile)

Posted Image

Frodo: I wish the Ring had never come to me... I wish none of this had happened...
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to you...

Click me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users