• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Petoony

Petoony
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 03:06 PM

Hello,

I have been following you guys through the den and now here. I like what you guys are doing, its really cool someone has taken the ball and is running with this scripting fix.

I hate to sound like a noob, but :rolo: I have been having problems getting the scb patch to work.

I downloaded the zip file found here.

I made sure it went into eagames/command & conquer generals zero hour/data/scripts

I went into the map i created, one i just put together to test with, and removed all skirmish players and then reinstated them after puting the new skirmishscripts.scb in place

I even deleted the tmpchunk.dat file suggested.

-- may not be what i was supposed to do but i even tried importing the skirmishscripts.scb into the scripts folder of the map; but every time i do it, it causes my computer to stall and for world builder to not respond, forcing me to close it out

But, when i start the map up for play the ai players, for the most part, still just sit in their bases still.

also, what program do you use to look at the skirmishscripts.scb file?

Thanks for any assistance or info on this

Petoony

Attached Files

• Attached File  Zit.map   32.08KB   1 downloads

#2 Guest_ImmoMan_*

Guest_ImmoMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 05:31 PM

You were opening world builder, even importing the scripts, and yet you still want to know how to open the scripts? My good man (I assume), you were already there! To open and edit the scripts, just open a blank map, add the default skirmish players, and import the script file. Make sure you uncheck "Auto Verify" or WB will hang like what happened to you. When you are finished editing the scripts, re-export them to the same file, but make sure you export ALL scripts (not just the selected ones).

#3 Guest_Visitor_Petoony_*

Guest_Visitor_Petoony_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:04 PM

Thanks alot, :o

I realize I forgot to turn off the auto-verify :)

just getting started on all the scripting stuff but im finding it to be alot of fun making maps for my friends to play against

thanks again

#4 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:35 PM

Well crud

I imported the scripts and that went fine.

I browsed through them and they all seem to be in the correct folders.

However, after saving the file and coming back to try and edit some things it hangs up,(computer just stalls and i have to shut it off in task manager) when i try to select scripts from the drop down menu under edit.

thanks again

supa noob

#5 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:50 PM

Yes when you go back to the scripts editor it takes a while to load.. how long did you wait? And were there other programs running at that time?
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#6 Guest_pete_*

Guest_pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:09 PM

I found it right after i posted.

It was another program running that caused my problem.

Thanks alot for all your help - hope i can help you guys some day

now to start diggin in :)

#7 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:11 PM

NP :)

There'll be a new tutorial about adding a new faction soon when I get to make it a bit simpler..

-ComradeJ

#8 Guest_Pete_*

Guest_Pete_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:31 PM

Was digging around in the scripts and had a few quicky questions for ya,

I was in the 'USA Attack Priorities (Folder) - USA Rocket Guy Priority'(script) and noticed that several object types were not assigned a priority. Those being :

Artillery
Infantry
Spy
Superweapon
Base Buildings
Supply Line buildings
Tech Center
Tech Buildings

My questions are as follows:

a. if these object types are not defined in the priority listing will they be assigned a default value?

b. can the priorities be broken down to such an extreme that the USA rocket guy could be given an attack priority for each different unit type? (i.e. china gattling cannon - 29, china emperor -30, etc, etc,)?

The reason i ask is that i noticed when watching a map i made; several instances of rocket guys and other units stand around while other units just pounded them.

Thanks for any info

Pete
Are there any info guides on the scripting side of worldbuilder any where? <Or on scripting for that matter>

#9 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:35 AM

If attack priorities are omitted, I think the AutoAcquireEnemiesWhenIdle line in the INIs will take over that - thus the unit\team will attack anything that is in its range - randomly.

Yes you can specify attack priorities for every kind of unit - maybe EA was too lazy here again and they made a more generic object list, but all you would have to do is select the appropriate object.

Did you see the SDI tutorials?

-ComradeJ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users