Ideas and suggestions

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 05 May 2006 - 09:36 PM

I've decided to start a topic for people to post ideas about what they would like to see in the mod, or if you want to suggest anything I could do to improve what you've already seen. Just note though that I'm not fond of hero units, so I will probably ignore hero unit suggestions. Also, if your suggestion or idea is a completely noobish idea, I'll ignore it, or maybe even delete your post.

Edit: This is not a place to ask for release dates, there are none.

Edited by Nighthawk, 11 November 2006 - 02:01 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#2 Guest_mukamuka92_*

Guest_mukamuka92_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:12 AM

Ok

Intruder
Prerequisite: Air Force Command Cost: $1200 Replaces: Harrier
Primary Usage: Air Assault
The Intruder Aircraft replaces the Allied Harrier. The Intruder is slightly faster than the Harrier, but apart from that, and its look, there is no change.

A F/A-22 raptor (i was watching the history channel and found out the 22's are better)

A raptor is a very good fighter it has something called thrust vectoring (it lets it turn faster)

So all i'm saying is A F/A-22 Raptor whould be a better Aircraft

Mukamuka92

#3 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:37 AM

Unless Nighty was a n00b, making a mod is about balance, the best item for the job. Just because a square peg looks cool doesn't mean it'll fit the round hole.
Using something "better" often interupts game balance and makes things worse. Its a cool aircraft, with supercruise, thust vectoring, a P/W ratio >1:1, but:
a) Try changing the GI's Primary= to "NukeMaker" and see how long it takes before its boring. And:
b) F22 is such a cliché ;)

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#4 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 04 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

I think we all know the answer to the guest's suggestion ;).
Anyway, the Intruder is only a minor change from the Harrier. The only things I've done to it are the obvious graphical change, and I've increased the speed by 1, only to compensate for the speed of the slower bomber aircraft, so they're not too similar. You'd hardly notice the speed increase anyway.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#5 mukamuka92

mukamuka92
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 04:33 AM

Edited by mukamuka92, 08 December 2006 - 04:39 PM.

#6 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:02 AM

If all you do is change art then whats the point of modding. All I meant was that he change the art

See, I was actually being nice, rather than going nutz in NHawks forum, and you just go ahead and make a fool of yourself anyway. And if you'd read his post you'd have noticed he mentions an "obvious graphical change," so I think he's taking the "look good Right" bit into consideration, although with better usage of English. And just because a current aircraft is destined to be phased out in the future doesn't make a possible follow-up any more appropriate for a alternative past. Creating something new like an "Intruder" has a better place in a fictional past than using something from a future reality. As for balance, just play about, you'll find a counter to V3's, but I don't see how that relevant unless Nighthawks actually Speeder :blush:!
Also, F22 is such a cliché :p

Edited by Jeeves, 05 December 2006 - 06:05 AM.

#7 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:03 PM

Yeah whatever but no mod is Balanced If that was true them MO:APRY Whould not have v3s that fire at light speed.

That's Speeder's decision and a question you should ask him, not me. Also, if you want to be technical, if something travels at the speed of light, time will slow to nothing around it, it will shrink to nothing, and its mass will become infinite :p

Now back on topic In reality all F-15s will be phased out By 2010.

Err... take a look at the game, RA2 is not reality, we don't have the USA and USSR murdering each other in real life, it came close on a few occasions, but it never happened. RA2 is based on ideas that both the NATO and Warsaw Pact forces had thought of, but never made it past preliminary testing.

If all you do is change art then whats the point of moding.

And FYI All I ment was that he change the art of thr intruder to an F-22

You do realise you've just contradicted yourself.

And that word NOOB is stupid no matter who use's it :blush:

It depends on who its used against.

and for Nighthawk one question How big is the mod (In MB) right now.

At the minute, about 218MB uncompressed, but that's including music files in one of my mix files which I will put in an addon separate to the mod itself, it also includes the audio.bag/idx files, which are the biggest. I've heard rumour of a program in development over at Renegade Projects forums that could work like RP's new string table function, which doesn't seem to work with me, where you make your own bag/idx files and only add your new sounds separate to the central audio files. I still have to zip it however as well. I may have double-selected the music files, so this file size will go down, as I don't intend to sit for a couple of hours while over 200MB uploads to my FTP.

Edited by Nighthawk, 08 December 2006 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#8 mukamuka92

mukamuka92
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:22 PM

Edited by mukamuka92, 08 December 2006 - 04:38 PM.

#9 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 06 December 2006 - 04:52 PM

thats all because this mod is to big this should be my last post in this forum.

You shouldn't judge a mod by its file size

Btw why is it everyones mind is closed? but why do you have This page if no ones Idea is good enough?

Because at the end of the day, I won't put in every suggestion that comes here, I will consider whatever suggestions are given, then put in whatever one that I think suits the mod and will work with it both gameplay and balance-wise. Also, you say why put a 1950s plane into a future-style mod, did you know RA2 is set around that time? This mod is then set in the early 60s. Also, it doesn't have to be uber-futuristic to still work in a mod.

Edited by Nighthawk, 08 December 2006 - 05:17 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#10 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:59 PM

Surely its more likely that a bigger filesized mod is better anyway. :)

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 06 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought. The mod won't be over 200 MB when I'm actually releasing a beta, I still have to take out stuff I've used to test some things, then splice the unnecessary code (that isn't relevant to that beta) out of the rules and separate the music files from the central MIXes. Above all that I need to compress it still. The reason it's quite big is that I don't use XCC Mod Creator / Launcher, last time I tried the damn thing deleted my ra2md.csf, and I couldn't get the mod to work with it either.

Edit: w00t, 777 post count :)

Edited by Nighthawk, 06 December 2006 - 07:11 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#12 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

Nighthawk, you said that a lot of that was music, right?

In my experience, music takes more room than the mod. In all likelihood, only 30-40 mb of 200+ is actual mod. Music's a nice touch though, but good to package seperately.

How about diversifying Yuri's army a bit more?

EDIT: By that I mean, more naval vessels and an airforce.

Edited by Nemoricus, 07 December 2006 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 mukamuka92

mukamuka92
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:01 PM

Ok I have one more thing to ask.

How fast it your Processor

I need to know because of your Crazy Ivan garrison test.

Also can you delete my previous posts.

Theres no reason to leave old and useless posts.

And when you get done reading this go ahead and delete this one too.

Yeah, that's what I thought. The mod won't be over 200 MB when I'm actually releasing a beta, I still have to take out stuff I've used to test some things, then splice the unnecessary code (that isn't relevant to that beta) out of the rules and separate the music files from the central MIXes. Above all that I need to compress it still. The reason it's quite big is that I don't use XCC Mod Creator / Launcher, last time I tried the damn thing deleted my ra2md.csf, and I couldn't get the mod to work with it either.

I have Dial-up and it took 6 days (due to time outs and Disconnects) to download

the 40 MB MO:APRY.

Are you going to shrink the infantry I don't know why speeder did that but all it does is take up Space.

Oh yeah and maybe you can make A smaller add-on with all the units buildings and code but just for

multiplayer.

Well look at that too suggestions. Just don't shrink the infantry thats a suggestion you should follow.

#14 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

@Nemoricus - I have already said I'll be releasing the music separately. The file size is like that because at the minute the music is in the same mix files as the voxels. Also, Yuri's army is more diversified, it does have a navy and a sort-of airforce.

@Mukamuka -
1) The Crazy Ivan will not do that ingame. It's called a Bloopers thread for a reason, everything in there is mistakes that had odd results ingame. The Crazy Ivan works just fine so long as you don't have about 30 of them firing at once.
2) my processor is quite crap: 1.4GHz.
3) Trying to edit out your own stupidity just increases it, remember I still have your posts quoted in mine.
4) No I will not delete my own post because you want me to.
5) I cater more for broadband users, as it is very difficult to shrink a mod to an acceptable size for dial-up users. Go get broadband, it's getting cheaper all the time. I won't change my entire mod just for the dial-up minority, when the majority use broadband, which is capable of downloading those sizes no problem.
6) The same code is used in both Skirmish and Multiplayer. The only way I could make it work in multiplayer only is by editing every single map WW ever released for YR to have the code in it, which I will not do.
7) I wasn't going to shrink the infantry anyway.

Edited by Nighthawk, 08 December 2006 - 05:18 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#15 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2006 - 04:32 PM

1) The Crazy Ivan will not do that ingame. It's called a Bloopers thread for a reason, everything in there is mistakes that had odd results ingame. The Crazy Ivan works just fine so long as you don't have about 30 of them firing at once.

I just wanted to know how fast because on my laptop 1.7ghz RA2 and YR pause every so often.

2) my processor is quite crap: 1.4GHz.

I just wanted to know how fast because on my laptop 1.7ghz RA2 and YR pause every so often.

3) Trying to edit out your own stupidity just increases it, remember I still have your posts quoted in mine.

Yes well at least my IQ and ability to read and understand is not dropping by the post. I have to explain myself with a second post for you to understand.

4) No I will not delete my own post because you want me to.

I meant DELETE MY POSTS but your also BLIND.
So delete them because:
A:they have been rejected. (good reason)
B: they are taking up space. (ok reason)
C: they are useless. (very good reason)

5) I cater more for broadband users, as it is very difficult to shrink a mod to an acceptable size for dial-up users. Go get broadband, it's getting cheaper all the time. I won't change my entire mod just for the dial-up minority, when the majority use broadband, which is capable of downloading those sizes no problem.

Where i'm at I can't get broadband yet.
If I want the mod I will find a way to get it.

6) The same code is used in both Skirmish and Multiplayer. The only way I could make it work in multiplayer only is by editing every single map WW ever released for YR to have the code in it, which I will not do.

Sorry I just meant don't add the campaigns And other things that you only see in campaigns

(like in that soviet mission Yuri's missile silo)

7) I wasn't going to shrink the infantry anyway.

Very good.

Now rather then keep this up I'm just going to Ignore you wait for the mod to come out And download it in six (6) months.

Good bye and for the record JUST TELL PEOPLE YOU DON'T LIKE THERE IDEA AND WHAT YOU HAVE IS MORE BALANCED. Rather them nonstop flaming. Do you know why I hate people like you because you think you have all the answers? Your not Irish so take your happy self back to wherever you came from (just not the USA especially not Texas. go to new York where the weird people are And see you latter...NOT. :p

#16 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

i'd sugest adding old teck from ra into this one.
reason-------the temperal vortex-----and there are too many ts in yr mods out there......
why don't they go to the first c&C and convert it in to yr?

#17 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:18 PM

I thought there was a C&C>YR TC, but I could be wrong... IIRC it was Russian, so I could have easily misread ;)
Also, AFAIK, this isn't a TS>YR mod :p
I've thought about the temporal vortex myself, but the problem is it was based an a % chance of occurence whenever the chronosphere was activated, and YR simply doesn't allow for this. Also, graphicswise it would be impossible to replicate, as it was just a distortian of the underlying map.

#18 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:39 PM

Sorry for the lack of reply people, I took ill suddenly and haven't been on for a few days. Anyway, the Vortex from RA1 isn't implementable in YR as it was a hardcoded aspect of the game, like most things in RA1.

Good bye and for the record JUST TELL PEOPLE YOU DON'T LIKE THERE IDEA AND WHAT YOU HAVE IS MORE BALANCED. Rather them nonstop flaming.

So if you're having a conversation with someone, do you just listen to and respond to the parts they want you to hear, for example, they are telling you that they were having an affair or something, so you listen only to the part where they said, "Hello," and ignore the rest because they changed their mind and didn't want you to hear it.

Do you know why I hate people like you because you think you have all the answers?

I have more answers than you, it is my mod after all, you can't know what I have planned to put into the mod in the future or otherwise.

Your not Irish so take your happy self back to wherever you came from (just not the USA especially not Texas. go to new York where the weird people are And see you latter...NOT.

To that I reply with a quote from GTA: San Andreas

With people like you it's no wonder we don't bother curing cancer. Next caller.

Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#19 Black Rose

Black Rose

Let there be Combat.

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

how about an adv. prism tank that can deploy into a prism tower and could redeploy?
also it could be slightly stronger than the standard version, also
it could have anti-air missles like the apocolypse.

Edited by Black Rose, 10 January 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#20 Nemoricus

Nemoricus

Dragon Awesomeness for the Win!

• Project Team
  • 1,110 posts
  • Projects:FC Alpha tester, Enigma Advisor

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:25 PM

Umm...That's not really the Allies' style. The soviets are more into heavy tank design.
Besides, having this will make the original tank obsolete.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users