Why Illegal Immigration is bad.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:22 PM

The Mexican economy is already on its knees. If we want to stop immigration, we need to pump billions of dollars into the Mexican economy and make them an economic power.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#22 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:26 AM

The Mexican economy is already on its knees. If we want to stop immigration, we need to pump billions of dollars into the Mexican economy and make them an economic power.

Lets also improve their infrastructure, technological level, and give them the best schools in the world.

Yes...Lets make OTHER nations better than us, then turn ourselves into a proverty ridden wasteland.

What a brilliant anti-immigrant idea.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:51 AM

It's not an idea I came up with. I was going off of the idea someone else had who I talked to recently. And yes, it's a good idea. If we improve their economy and get them back up to speed and make them a world player, there's a good chance illegal immigration will stop, the Mexican government will be a lot stronger, the drug trade will be significantly reduced, and some stability will be brought to Central America, so yes, it's a good idea.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#24 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:04 AM

Its a good idea. It would help make the world a better place, even if it would undermine Komo's lifelong campaign to make America seem like the worlds wanker state.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#25 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:07 AM

Its a good idea. It would help make the world a better place, even if it would undermine Komo's lifelong campaign to make America seem like the worlds wanker state.

All I'm saying is America has enough problems of its own.

Nearly every public school is overcrowded

public healthcare is horrible and shit.

We don't need to invest money to improve some nation thats nothing but the asshole of the continent to make them better than us just so people won't immigrate to the united states.

you are also ignoring the majority of drug runners, criminals, and gansters who jump the boarder for personal gain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Projects:Black Alert
  •  Propagandist

Posted 11 May 2006 - 02:29 AM

Poor governing in Mexico is largely to blame for our problem in illegal immigration. A certain demographic in Mexico has been ignored and now the only way they can have a better life is by risking their lives in a country with a better standard of living. True, the USA could pump billions and billions into fixing the problems of another country (like we are doing in Iraq) but Mexico needs to learn how to manage itself; it’s people and government. Until then we need to stop approving of the government, build a wall and put some more security into it.
Mexico’s problems won’t be solved by our money.
Posted Image

#27 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

Poor governing in Mexico is largely to blame for our problem in illegal immigration. A certain demographic in Mexico has been ignored and now the only way they can have a better life is by risking their lives in a country with a better standard of living. True, the USA could pump billions and billions into fixing the problems of another country (like we are doing in Iraq) but Mexico needs to learn how to manage itself; it’s people and government. Until then we need to stop approving of the government, build a wall and put some more security into it.
Mexico’s problems won’t be solved by our money.

The mexican goverment actually puts out phamplets to show how to get across the boarder illegally.

They don't give a fuck.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

I think Kal is just trying to take the stand opposite to everyone else for the fun of it.

Since this kind of idiocy and running away from ones problems to take it to another country is the kind of thing he normally would love to bash people for.

For once I agree there. The difference is, Kal, I'd be getting into Canada LEGALLY. How can you even conceive of saying that the illegality of their entrance into the country is a non-argument? If anything, it's the central argument.

#29 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:37 PM

I'm merely stating that there should be no such thing as illegal immigrants unless they are criminals. I don't believe in border controls.

Edited by Comrade Kal, 11 May 2006 - 07:38 PM.

Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#30 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:50 PM

You have to think about it this way, though. All the Brits have to do is guard an underground tunnel, (I think, please correct me if I'm wrong) that goes to France, and illegal immigration is stunted. We have to guard a 1,000 mile stretch of land, from Texas, to Southern California, just to stop illegal immigration from one direction. You guys don't have to worry as much as us about immigration. Add to that the threat of 'terrorism' and that makes Americans very worried about what gets in to our country. Me, I would be happy about having immigrants from Mexico and South America up here if they just contributed to society.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#31 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:58 PM

Which of course, an entire race of people does not do. No generalisations there.
Posted Image

#32 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:17 PM

Which of course, an entire race of people does not do. No generalisations there.

...What the hell are you talking about?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:20 PM

He said that south american immgirants don't contribute to society.
Posted Image

#34 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:24 PM

I forgot to add that I was talking about the ILLEGAL immigrants. If they would go through the immigration process, or even get a visa, I'd be cool with more immigrants in the US.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#35 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:26 PM

What i am saying was that anyone should be allowed in as long as they aren't a criminal. Therefore there would be no need for illegal immigration, unless you were a criminal.
Posted Image

#36 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  Propagandist

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:17 AM

What i am saying was that anyone should be allowed in as long as they aren't a criminal. Therefore there would be no need for illegal immigration, unless you were a criminal.

And the USA does this...all we ask is that you come in legally, register as a citizen and be prcoessed. If you don't then the problem is we don't know who you are or what you are here for. Perhaps some undocumented work...maybe terrorism???
Every responsible nation should conduct in this matter and every responsible citizen should follow such laws.
When people enter this country illegally they are compromising the security of her citizens and thus it is a selfish act.
Posted Image

#37 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 01:36 AM

And the USA does this...all we ask is that you come in legally, register as a citizen and be prcoessed. If you don't then the problem is we don't know who you are or what you are here for. Perhaps some undocumented work...maybe terrorism???
Every responsible nation should conduct in this matter and every responsible citizen should follow such laws.
When people enter this country illegally they are compromising the security of her citizens and thus it is a selfish act.

That kind of common sense is not exactly the kind of thing that Kal dosn't takes kindly. You better taking your blindly obvious sense of mind away from here. :cool:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 lefthand

lefthand

Free Agent

• Members
  • 425 posts
  •  Propagandist

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:27 AM

That kind of common sense is not exactly the kind of thing that Kal dosn't takes kindly. You better taking your blindly obvious sense of mind away from here. :twisted:

America simply needs a common sense boarder plan which many countries in the developed world have already adopted.
As much as many illegal Mexican immigrants disdain stricter boarder/immigration control they however turn a blindeye to Mexico's own extremely militant. violent and corrupt board policy that puts armed guards on the boarder, walls and no free health care for illegals.
Posted Image

#39 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:45 AM

Too bad that it's nearly impossible for a government to function that way and still make progress in it's own country.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#40 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:21 AM

Too bad that it's nearly impossible for a government to function that way and still make progress in it's own country.

As I've said before.

Kal lives in a uptopian fantasy world where angels dance in the wildflowers and everyone shits bricks of gold and live in eternal bliss and peace.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users