Why Illegal Immigration is bad.

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 xjjohnno

xjjohnno
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:59 PM

Open the borders and there is no longer an illegal immigrant open to exploitation.The hallaballo re illegal immigration is another dodgy little trick by unscrupulous bosses.
Keep the illegals worried about deportation and they'll work for less.Anyway the problem isn't the illegals but those who happily exploit them in that fiscal basket case called the USA.

#42 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 13 May 2006 - 07:12 PM

and those who are criminal wouldnt abuse the fact that nobody would stop them from going into the states?
Theres no simple solution for anything in this world. if you want to open the borders, you have to start making drugs legal and let the government have control over it.
then you would have a new problem with throngs of addicts who have gotten their hands on something cheap or by bad luck have gotten dependent. and crime would probably increase against the government as dealers and others who have been making money on this illegaly suddenly have to find a new job, and more chaos would follow....

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#43 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:49 PM

As Johnno said, do you expect us to believe that the US allows in an infinite number of immigrants as long as they aren't criminals? Because that's what you said. If that were the case, why are there so many illegals?
Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#44 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:54 PM

I believe the reason is because the process to get in legally is a long and selective process. These people need faster results. And well they are rather successful getting in despite the hardships of entering illegally.

#45 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:35 PM

Why do you think there are so many illegals in the US? - No let me rephrase that: Why do German citizens not need a visa to enter, when for example Polish citizens do need one? These visas are also limited. I won't even get into how it is politically inappropriategiven the current situation in Iraq, yet our country doesn't exactly get something out of it - except of course Bush's words which i wouldn't personally weigh against a dog turd.

People sometimes wait years for a visa, couple that with the fact that there are some countries that just plain don't need one to enter the US - that's why most people go illegal instead. Penalising isn't gonna help, there's so much illegals in America it'll probably cause a bit of a disaster rather than disrupt illegal immigrant employment.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#46 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 16 May 2006 - 11:44 PM

Well, Bush gave an address to the nation last night about his plans for southern border control. Apparently, he is calling for 6k National Guard Troops to reinforce the US/Mexico border. Anyone think this is a good idea?

Edited by Nology5890, 17 May 2006 - 12:04 AM.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#47 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:01 AM

If you need to increase border security by 6,000 people, for the smallest part of your border, you're doing something wrong.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#48 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:06 AM

Apparently, they are going to be there for the duration of high tech upgrades being installed, and for border fences to be upgaded.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#49 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 12:39 AM

If you need to increase border security by 6,000 people, for the smallest part of your border, you're doing something wrong.

12000 people to patrol 2000 miles isn't bad. 6 or so people per mile is still leaving some might large gaps, but not as bad as it was with 6000 people for 2000 miles.

Edited by Komataguri, 17 May 2006 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#50 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 03:46 AM

Well, Bush gave an address to the nation last night about his plans for southern border control. Apparently, he is calling for 6k National Guard Troops to reinforce the US/Mexico border. Anyone think this is a good idea?

As they were saying on a talk radio station in my area, "They'll be redeployed to the Mexican border following their four tours of duty in Iraq". We don't have the resources, and if we want to deploy soldiers to the southern border, we're going to sacrafice the use of the national guard for natural disasters or emergencies in their home states. We're also going to see a lot more deaths on the border, the national guard is great at organizing evacuations, but the standard training regarding unauthorized entry involves shooting first. Not to mention, it's illegal. They're not law enforcement, so they can't enforce the law unless we declare martial law all along the border.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#51 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 17 May 2006 - 04:00 AM

As they were saying on a talk radio station in my area, "They'll be redeployed to the Mexican border following their four tours of duty in Iraq". We don't have the resources, and if we want to deploy soldiers to the southern border, we're going to sacrafice the use of the national guard for natural disasters or emergencies in their home states. We're also going to see a lot more deaths on the border, the national guard is great at organizing evacuations, but the standard training regarding unauthorized entry involves shooting first. Not to mention, it's illegal. They're not law enforcement, so they can't enforce the law unless we declare martial law all along the border.

They are not going there to control the boarder.

They are being sent there under the authority of the border control, and will act as the border control dictates. The national guard will not have control over the boarder.

And it is only temporary until the new border patrol agents can be trained, and until the new border barriers and sensors are in place.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users