Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 06 May 2006 - 05:19 PM

Hey all

Just decided to ask what would you like to see in coming quick patch...

got issues? name them!

(rest assured all suggestions will be given a fair evaluation, however no promises)
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#2 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:59 PM

Toned down Manta Bombers..

More useful Photon Batteries (they suck quite frankly :D)

Reduction of the 5% extra charge on all Legion Units.

Hades Fighters should be more useful? I don't know but I don't see many NEXUS players use them to be honest :p

And thats about it :p

Edited by Elerium, 06 May 2006 - 07:04 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 06 May 2006 - 07:08 PM

New load screens :D :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 06 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

Yeh :D Get rid of the not black colour around edges, ill do it if you want. :p

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:20 PM

More useful Photon Batteries (they suck quite frankly :D)

Agree to a small degree.

You would say that...

Hades Fighters should be more useful? I don't know but I don't see many NEXUS players use them to be honest :p

They are indeed weaker than, say, the Raptor, but they're still useful in swift strikes and scouting purposes...

I'd like to see the Marine get beefed up some :p However I'm interested in some other ideas... :p

#6 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 06 May 2006 - 09:44 PM

Yeh funds are kinda tight on it, until no fighting happens and everyone sits waiting for the reccon. :p

Posted Image

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 06 May 2006 - 11:06 PM

rofl all the noob comments :p especially at 5% increase comment.

preds could be less effective against armour, in fact all artillery for that matter

Infantry should be a little faster or a little cheaper by say $50-$100 so people actually build a few now and again

personally just stop the recon errors wiv AL and its all good.

and maybe a buildtime multipler on the rather expensive oil pumps so they build a bit quicker.

also we never use hades cos hyprocisy consider all that AL uses is vortex or cyclones ...

also 4 pads, you gotta prioritise unit usage.

also one unit which IMHO is utterly useless - shredders

no one EVER builds them (professional players wiv Nexus) I've play enough games its a cool unit but its useless

All other units in the game are used by humans except these crappy melee weapons ...

Edited by Allied General, 06 May 2006 - 11:15 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:29 AM

Toned down Manta Bombers..

More useful Photon Batteries (they suck quite frankly :p)

Hades Fighters should be more useful? I don't know but I don't see many NEXUS players use them to be honest :huh:

And thats about it :p

Manta degrade? hmm not much atleast... it can't stop full blown army now can it ? :p

Photon battery.. had thought that maybe the funky VHPScan=strong might delay firing thus aid suckage some..

Some reduction on that is done but not entirely removed and there happened other interesting changes with that.. ;)

New load screens :p :p

Yeah done, i'll add them to this version already..(yeah i had other plans)

Well i have an idea.... some other way of gitting funds other than ore, spys, and water oil rigs...

I got an idea for one...not buildable oil derricks at land however :p

preds could be less effective against armour, in fact all artillery for that matter

Infantry should be a little faster or a little cheaper by say $50-$100 so people actually build a few now and again

personally just stop the recon errors wiv AL and its all good.

and maybe a buildtime multipler on the rather expensive oil pumps so they build a bit quicker.

also we never use hades cos hyprocisy consider all that AL uses is vortex or cyclones ...

also one unit which IMHO is utterly useless - shredders

no one EVER builds them (professional players wiv Nexus) I've play enough games its a cool unit but its useless

Preds and other artillery lesser vs heavy attack tanks and such? fact is heavy tanks are worst idea vs them...cant avoid hits as you are that slow to move (as well big target)..

however light units quick charge cripples artillery units or plain old bombers quite nicely still if more feel about this same way maybe some reduction would be approriate.

infantry..well make them any cheaper and we start getting the every 2nd built one not appearing but more faster..sounds doable..

recon errors seem to be gone with AL atm (main source being chrono prison/illusion tank presumably) but further testing to be done (2 games isn't enough)

Oil pump build time..sounds fair enough..

hades..well is fine imho..a quick swarm of them can blow up a deva but once again..its mainly for single unit removal..

Yeah..shredders have been on my scrap thinking list..well while cool and all as well very fitting..they got little use... maybe removal is in order.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#9 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:54 AM

Well i have an idea.... some other way of gitting funds other than ore, spys, and water oil rigs...

How about collectable debris?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Elerium

Elerium

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:47 AM

Yeah..shredders have been on my scrap thinking list..well while cool and all as well very fitting..they got little use... maybe removal is in order.

Maybe return of Robot Tanks with machineguns? :p

Other than that the Ripper does a fine job of anti-infantry.

About the 5% decrease it is viable because the AL get expensive late game and NEXUS gets cheaper.

Mantas can also stop a full blown AL army.. AG uses them all the time ;)

Collectable debris would be a good feature.

Edited by Elerium, 07 May 2006 - 09:58 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:58 AM

Maybe return of Robot Tanks with machineguns? :huh:

Other than that the Ripper does a fine job of anti-infantry.

About the 5% increase it is viable because the AL get expensive late game and NEXUS gets cheaper.

Mantas can also stop a full blown AL army.. AG uses them all the time ;)

Collectable debris would be a good feature.

rofl its cos the enemy has no aa like commanches, rippers and ravagers, MadHQ is the master of AA wiv the allies and if you pack your units into a big group what do you expect?

to wait for your units to reach my base? :p

no one builds inf so no point of shredder

Edited by Allied General, 07 May 2006 - 10:55 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Elerium

Elerium

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:18 AM

rofl its cos the enemy has no aa like commanches, rippers and ravagers, MadHQ is the master of AA wiv the allies and if you pack your units into a big group what do you expect?

to wait for your units to reach my base? ;)

no one builds inf so no point of ripper

20 Comanches to stop at least 4+ Mantas? :p

I expect my AA to take them down. I do move my forces away you know (even scattered them before) but the losses are too great. I'm guessing I just need more Pulverisers as 5 isn't enough :p

Ripper has a point it's a Nexus AA and quite a good swarm unit :huh: Terminators/Robotic Plant gives them more upper edge I think.

Edited by Elerium, 07 May 2006 - 10:20 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:30 AM

He meant to say 'shredder' not 'ripper'

Shredder should remain in infantry war mode.
I think that the 5% should remain in its entirety. The reason NEXUS gets cheaper is because he gets a cost reduction with machine plant, IIRC. Either a faster GAOREP or more effective use of the new economy system would easily alleviate the problem of the 5%. I think AL deserve such a hike as they rape almost every equivalent unit on the field through quite a span of the game.

AL Photon Batteries are indeed a bit slow to begin firing...but they're easily as powerful as the FF AA Gun if not more so. I think they need their range rethinking, but beyond that, a few pulvs, eruptors or comanches will easily alleviate the problem. Plus all three of those will gain experience where the turrets will not, making them even more useful.

#14 Elerium

Elerium

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:58 AM

Shredder should remain in infantry war mode.
I think that the 5% should remain in its entirety. The reason NEXUS gets cheaper is because he gets a cost reduction with machine plant, IIRC. Either a faster GAOREP or more effective use of the new economy system would easily alleviate the problem of the 5%. I think AL deserve such a hike as they rape almost every equivalent unit on the field through quite a span of the game.

AL Photon Batteries are indeed a bit slow to begin firing...but they're easily as powerful as the FF AA Gun if not more so. I think they need their range rethinking, but beyond that, a few pulvs, eruptors or comanches will easily alleviate the problem. Plus all three of those will gain experience where the turrets will not, making them even more useful.

Ah thanks for the tips Ash ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:22 PM

But not the ability to promote, and on the whole their units are a tad less effective than their equivalents on AL or FL. It's easy for them to get raped.

#16 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 07 May 2006 - 09:27 PM

tons of there units have light armour and defence is needed cos everything is powered which is decent i.e. centurions, lasers, hack towers
Posted Image

#17 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:07 PM

Howitzers, too :p

As you said, NEXUS Armour=Light is a downfall, as there are plenty of Armour=Light-eater units... :p

#18 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 08 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

csf string nitpack (too much attention I have :p) Nexus concrete wall csf string says Citadel Wall :p
Posted Image

#19 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:33 PM

He's right, you know :)

#20 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

Also, some cameos have different names on them but a different string. For example the seige walker cameo says seige crawler. :p There are more though.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users