Photo

Superweapon Time Changing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mithril

Mithril

• Hosted
  • 1,386 posts
  • Projects:Heh! You're not going to ask me that question.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:45 PM

Hmm you could do an ini solution for this thing..

*thinks*

Assuming you know your way in INI coding, you could make a prebuilt object that dies after the nuke has been fired. That object creates another object upon destruction which has a GrantUpgradeCreate module. This upgrade replaces your initial nuke launcher to another one that only has 1 minute countdown time. A bit difficult but I'll think of a better one..
Command & Conquer: Red Alert - ReGeneration

"Not the faintest clue =\"

-ComradeJ

#2 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:09 PM

I posted a similar topic at the CNC Den forums and just wondered if you people here could throw up any ideas.

What i want to achieve is to have a nuclear missile launcer available for capture in the centre of the map. I want it to start counting down from 30 minutes from map launch and so the owner of the Missile after 30 minutes of game time can fire it. After its initial fire, i then want it to reload every 1 minute or so that it can be fired every minute. I want to do this all through just the map.ini and scripting however i am unfamiliar with scripting in generals and need some help with this on ideas what to do. Ive created a power plant off the map to power the Missile so it counts down and edited to ini so that it has a 30 minute counter. However, i cannot get it to change to a 1 minute timer.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

On a side note, im also having trouble eliminating the pre-built upgrade China Mines on my nuclear missile which i dont want since its killing all troops that attempt to capture it and i cant seem to work out how to delete the upgrade from the Nuke. Heres a pic explaning my mines dilemma.

Thnx in Advance

AdmiralGT

Attached Images

• Flight_of_the_Phoenix.JPG

#3 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:33 PM

A 'king of the hill' style map, very cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users