#1 ZeJudge

ZeJudge
  • Project Team
  • 7 posts
  • Projects:Ages of Star Wars - Empire At War Modification. - Modeler
  •  The Don

Posted 08 May 2006 - 01:43 PM

We got a new website and forum!

Just keeping everyone updated, we're still making the models like crazy, we have trailers, wallpapers, screenshots, the lot! Come over to the website and have a look.
http://aosw.petrolution.net/

:p

#2 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:05 PM

I do hope to see some of the modelling...a KOTOR-era mod would really spark my interest majorly.

Especially if you get Revan :p Revan FTW :p

#3 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 08 May 2006 - 04:18 PM

Totally agreed there.

#4 ZeJudge

ZeJudge
  • Project Team
  • 7 posts
  • Projects:Ages of Star Wars - Empire At War Modification. - Modeler
  •  The Don

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:01 PM

Trust me, your going to love it :)

#5 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:55 PM

*Resists urge to say 'let us be ze judge of that'*

Bugger :)

Anyway. more renders kthxplz :ninja:
Bastila looks fantastic :ninja:

Edited by Paradox, 09 May 2006 - 02:57 PM.

#6 Nazzie

Nazzie
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars Ages mod

Posted 28 May 2006 - 12:16 AM

Here you go heres some Renders for you guys

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 28 May 2006 - 09:30 AM

Nice :huh:. I don't recognize everything, but that may be me :).

#8 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 28 May 2006 - 10:03 AM

A few of the Republic cruisers were only visible in the ending movie, but they were there :huh:

Darth Nihilus is from KOTOR2, so you won't recognise him.

Could you guys possibly redo the Revan render with a lighter background? It's hard to pick out his details against black :p

Everything's looking uberswish, though :D I can't wait to see Carth :) Btw, will Carth be Captain or Admiral in this mod (he was ranked Admiral in KOTOR2, but Captain in KOTOR) - I ask because he wouldn't be much of a spaceborne Hero as a Captain...ground Hero, yes, but not space. I presume, therefore, Admiral.

#9 Nazzie

Nazzie
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars Ages mod

Posted 28 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

You will see carth raise in rank in the galactic conquest mode but then again carth dosent always appear in kotor2 it depends on what you tell atton about revan if he appears or not.

These models and skins are all WIP so these arent final we are still working on revan.

#10 Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick
  • Project Team
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:34 AM

It's been awhile since we updated here on Revora...
You might have heard that we are dead; we inactive for a time, but now we're back in business :xcahik_: (Please note that much of the renders seen above are VERY old and that many have been redone.

Here's our latest news post:

Hello Fans! As you may have known, A couple months back we decided we were closing down.

This was Semi-true, Our Former-Leader MSEagle is now no longer on the Team.

This is due to the fact that, He, As a whole did not want to work on it and essentially let us die.

And here we are, Firstly, Before the Renders..I would like to thank these People for faithfully coming to our aid when we were on the brink of extinction :

Kalo
Dr Nick
Droid803
Lord-x
Mr . Caine
Sidious Invader
Daft Vader
THX1138
50first
Arbiter
Dede Frost

And a Special Thanks to our previous/retired/People Members who have supported us... :

Wildcat
Tricorder
Bodin
Lord Centaurus
Utra
Erei33
Omega Modding Group (Thanks to the Members here for helping us with our Coding)

And I'm so incredibly sorry if we missed you, If we have, You have our eternal thanks...
Now then! Enough of that boring stuff, Onto the Eye-candy!

First, We have something we've been missing for a long time...

Darth Sion

Posted Image

Modeled by Lord-x!
Skinned by Dr.Nick

And another thing we've been needing for a very long time!

MANDALORE
(Yes, Those are new Crusaders)
Posted Image
Models and Skins : Dr Nick

And something none of you will recognize!

Frontier-II Artillery Frigate

Posted Image

Model: Dede_Frost
Skin: Kalo

Stay tuned for more!

Be sure to check out our forums, here: http://gutr.swrebell...orums/index.php

and to add yourself to our ModDB's watch list: http://www.moddb.com...es-of-star-wars

Stay tuned for more updates on the way :dry:
Posted Image

#11 Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick
  • Project Team
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:34 AM

Hello Fans! We are proud to announce again that we have forums at the following location: http://gutr.swrebell...orums/index.php

We would also like to announce the Advanced Members section on our Forum!

The Advanced Members Section will allow people with 50 posts (Spamming is punished with Death) to view WIPs and Renders before the General Public does. ;D

Here's another bit of eye candy for you; our remodeled and skinned HK-47!

Posted Image

Modeled and Skinned by Dr. Nick

Onto staff matters, we need more skinners and mappers to help us finish the mod quickly. If you are skilled at texturing models, making models, or can make good looking ground and space maps, post a thread in our recruitment section :)

And now to answer some of the questions our fans have asked us this past month

Question : Is the Exchange still going to be playable?

Answer : No, we've scrapped the whole idea. A faction that only barely had a millitary is not our
idea of a full faction, not to mention having a grand total of four factions means we'd spend more time trying to work
out the bugs, rather than the gameplay. However, they will still be in as a non-playable faction.

Question : Will you release two versions of the mod, one with comic units and one without?

Answer : No, there aren't enough units and planets in KOTOR to give a fulfilling experience. Its good for an RPG, but not an RTS.

Question : Are the Mandalorians still playable at least?

Answer : Yes. Unlike the Exchange, the Mandolorians had the means to fight both the Sith and the Republic, and the game has no issues with third factions, so it will not take anything enjoyable out.

Question : Are you going to take out RTCD? (Real Time Credit Drain) Cause i keep running out of money!

Answer : No, we're not. We feel it makes the player manage their credits more efficiently.

That's all for now, keep your eyes tuned on our updates and the advanced members section!
Posted Image

#12 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:02 AM

Why do you guys have non popular forums isolated from the rest of the community? All that for the uber admin powers?

I think that if modders get together, it is better for the whole community.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#13 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:00 PM

Lol, that was subtle.

Some great looking stuff Nick :) I really like the mandalorian. Is this mod still for Empire at War or did you guys convert to Forces of Corruption.

#14 Darth Arbiter

Darth Arbiter
  • New Members
  • 1 posts
  • Projects:Thrawn's Revenge, Ages of Star Wars

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:02 AM

Why do you guys have non popular forums isolated from the rest of the community? All that for the uber admin powers?

Well, considering we've only had them up for a few weeks we're actually doing pretty good. Besides, being hosted by Revora and using your forums doesn't guarantee anything other than lack of freedom. Sure, its great if you don't know how to set forums up and want hundreds of people with no interest in the mod to see the little link in the child boards thing under the forum name (Nothing better than being a subforum's subforum's subforum!). If we have our own site and forums, we have the freedom to do whatever we want with those forums, when we want it. Here it takes a while just to get approved to add a new subforum of your own (At least, that was my experience when the mod I lead was hosted here).

Either way, thanks for calling us unpopular, we really appreciate it!

I don't see how being a subforum of a subforum of a subforum helps anyone in any way. Besides, at SW Rebellion we're still around other mods. My mod, Warlords, Imperial Assault, etc.

Edited by Darth Arbiter, 20 February 2008 - 01:04 AM.

#15 Kalo Shin

Kalo Shin
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:04 AM

Insulting us is not the way to get the "Community together".

And i'll choose Evaders99's hosting over yours, Especially since IA2, AoSW, TR, CU and Warlords..isolated? Lol.

#16 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:32 AM

First of all, I wasn't insulting anyone. Sorry if anyone misunderstood it.

Well, considering we've only had them up for a few weeks we're actually doing pretty good. Besides, being hosted by Revora and using your forums doesn't guarantee anything other than lack of freedom. Sure, its great if you don't know how to set forums up and want hundreds of people with no interest in the mod to see the little link in the child boards thing under the forum name (Nothing better than being a subforum's subforum's subforum!). If we have our own site and forums, we have the freedom to do whatever we want with those forums, when we want it. Here it takes a while just to get approved to add a new subforum of your own (At least, that was my experience when the mod I lead was hosted here).

Lack of freedom? Hmm... I think you've got the wrong idea. First of all, Revora does not approve or reprove anything. AdmiralGT was inactive on some days, which why it took a while. Today, if you ask to change add, remove or reorganize forums, or add a skin or whatever, we do it as soon as possible. And this soon is really fast, takes few hours, due to the high number of admins here willing to help any hostee.

Second: check http://forums.petrolution.net

It cuts one subforum. And of course if you have http://yoursite.petrolution.net/forums or http://forums.yoursite.com, you can cut other subforums and make it look like a custom forum, specially if you have your own skin.

You also don't waste time with forum maintenance. You can focus more on your mod.

And finally, I think that simply being part of the same subdomain is not unity. You have to register a bunch of accounts to participate from all communities and you don't see all the mods listed in a post above linked to each other like we do with mods here. Nor, all people there participating on all forums and also, each place has its own place to discuss the game and other random things. For me, I think these are a bunch of islands.

So, in short, I don't think this place blocks freedom at all. At least not, in my point of view.

And I apologize for the 'unpopular'. AOSW forums are new and for new forums, you guys are right, It is doing fine.

Edited by Banshee, 20 February 2008 - 01:35 AM.

Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#17 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:41 AM

Guys guys guys!

Chill!!

No one's trying to insult anyone, Banshee is just trying to offer an alternative means to your current method. That's not to say there's neccesarily anything better about your system or our system it's just an alternative. The pro's and cons can be seen either way. Just don't take everything so personally...man!

#18 Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick
  • Project Team
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:13 AM

I'll just say this:
AoSW was originally hosted here at Petrolution, but had its hosting cut because we didn't want to use the Revora subforums over the forums on our site.
Posted Image

#19 Duke

Duke

Doctor Doctor!

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:44 AM

I'm sure they would have given you sufficient warning? As that is one of the major rules within the network.

I'll do some research about this.

#20 Drieick

Drieick
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  •  Otaku

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:04 AM

http://i30.photobuck...gFighterJCW.jpg

With respect, I do hope that you guys redid or will redo this skin. Not exactly the best skin I've ever seen, mate...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users