#1 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:49 PM

For those of you who've ever seen the show Grumpy Old Men, you'll know the premise. They bitch about all the million things in the world that piss them off, annoy them or are just plain stupid. Now, while we are not all over-40 (*looks at Hostile :)* j/k), I think it's about time we did our OWN little Grumpy Old Men topic. There is only ONE rule:
The bitching cannot be about anything related to Revora. This is imperative, since I don't want this thread to turn into a bitchfest war obliteration battle showdown royale between, and I name no names here, Banshee and me. :ninja:

So let us unite and rejoice in our bitching about everything else in the world that just gets up our noses.

Allow me, if you will, ladies and gents, to commence:

I absolutely hate when you're walking along in town, and those bloody clipboard people come up to you, no matter what you're doing...you could be eating a sandwich, speaking to friends, listening to MP3s, or even ON THE PHONE...the bastards will still come up and "Excuse me..."

Argh. I know I've had this moan before, but still, it gets right up my bloody nose.

Then there's bloody patronising companies. You make an appointment to the opticians, the dentists, or even a BANK...and you have it all written down, or remember to go...and they call you. At six PM at night, when you're trying to bloody relax, they call you to confirm the appointment. Who or what the fuck do they think I am? A goldfish? I CAN REMEMBER WHEN I'VE GOT AN APPOINTMENT, I BLOODY BOOKED IT!

Take it away, ladies. :ninja:

#2 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:53 PM

I f**king hate it when... ummm i can't think atm. *scratches head* But i do hate that though :)
Posted Image

#3 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

I hate people who cut you off on the highway, no turn signal, nothing, a big to race go no where.

AND I'm no where near 40 thank you. :)

#4 AdmiralGT

AdmiralGT

title available

• Members
  • 1,702 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:16 PM

My list is pretty long, so much so that my friend wanted to do a film titled Grumpy Old Students involving me and my friends. Here's a short run down of things I hate.

Chavs
Cyclists who don't think they have to follow the rules of the road when cycling on the road
Cyclists who cycle on the pavement
People who are slow (in general, not intelligence wise, movement wise)
People who block up the entire path when walking/talking
People who tell you "I need to speak to your urgently, please ring/e-mail me etc", surely it was possible to tell me what the problem was
People who talk on phones so loud that any person on the other side of the glove would be capable of hearing them
Things Branded "New and Improved". It's either New, or it's Improved. It can't be both.
People who say PIN Number. You don't say Personal Identification Number Number do you?
Lots of other things...

#5 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:18 PM

Teenage chicks thinking they can drive while talking on a cellphone, putting on makeup and talking with friends in the car AT THE SAME TIME piss me off. When (not if) they get in an accident, it stops up traffic for at least 1/2 a mile, if not more. No offence Blaat, because its usually American valley girls who pull that shit.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 04:55 PM

AND I'm no where near 40 thank you. :p

I'll believe you. Thousands wouldn't. :p

I hate people who cut you off on the highway, no turn signal, nothing, a big to race go no where.

Ooh...don't get me st-...oh, I can't help myself!

I absolutely HATE those people. Argh, fucking chavs in their fucking shitty Vauxhall Corsas with their wooden clutches, their aptly-named 'Spoilers', tacky plastic body-kits, and the god-awful thud-thud-thud from their 'sound systems' which is so loud you absolutely know they must be going deaf behind the wheel...it's so loud you can hear it not only from the pavement (american translation: sidewalk), but you can hear it from inside the third car behind/in front!

The only reason they put that shitty music on is to drown out the sound of the verbal abuse and laughter being hurled at them for their choice of car and their shitty music preference.

Then there's the fact they accelerate so harshly to get to the same speed as everyone else, making an awful farting noise through their custom exhaust. It's so obvious that I really don't understand why they bother. They get there no faster...all they're doing is getting to 30mph a bit faster, and wearing out their clutch and gearbox. If they actually DID go faster, fair enough.

Then you get groups of chavs herded around a parked Corsa (let's face it, it's always a fucking Corsa) which has been chavved up to fuck, thudding the music away with the entire herd nodding like a bunch of spastics. I can almost see the dribble from their chins.

Kill them all. Kill them with fire.

#7 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:07 PM

Yes, these people piss me off, get the fuck out of the way if you're undecided where to go next. God these slow ass moving people piss me off!

People who talk on phones so loud that any person on the other side of the glove would be capable of hearing them

These people piss me off as well. Shut up, I don't care about your business transactions.

Things Branded "New and Improved". It's either New, or it's Improved. It can't be both.

Means they want new consumers AND keep the old ones...

People who say PIN Number. You don't say Personal Identification Number Number do you?
Lots of other things...

Well you can't say enter your pi number can you, not enough spaces. :p

AND I hate fucking standing in line for anything. Maybe that's why I hate communism...

#8 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:11 PM

Let's not get political, eh? :p

But yes, I agree with most of AGT's hates. However I always say PIN Number...it's just natural thing to say.

#9 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:16 PM

AND I'm no where near 40 thank you. :p

I'll believe you. Thousands wouldn't. ;)

Ooh...don't get me st-...oh, I can't help myself!

I absolutely HATE those people. Argh, fucking chavs in their fucking shitty Vauxhall Corsas with their wooden clutches, their aptly-named 'Spoilers', tacky plastic body-kits, and the god-awful thud-thud-thud from their 'sound systems' which is so loud you absolutely know they must be going deaf behind the wheel...it's so loud you can hear it not only from the pavement (american translation: sidewalk), but you can hear it from inside the third car behind/in front!

The only reason they put that shitty music on is to drown out the sound of the verbal abuse and laughter being hurled at them for their choice of car and their shitty music preference.

Then there's the fact they accelerate so harshly to get to the same speed as everyone else, making an awful farting noise through their custom exhaust. It's so obvious that I really don't understand why they bother. They get there no faster...all they're doing is getting to 30mph a bit faster, and wearing out their clutch and gearbox. If they actually DID go faster, fair enough.

Then you get groups of chavs herded around a parked Corsa (let's face it, it's always a fucking Corsa) which has been chavved up to fuck, thudding the music away with the entire herd nodding like a bunch of spastics. I can almost see the dribble from their chins.

Kill them all. Kill them with fire.

REOFLMAO , its so true its unbelievable. im with you 110% on this point. winds me up suming cronic , and Also i want to add, The fucking Chavs who come upto in the middle of town trying to blag a fag/20p "for the phone" :p

and then you see them walking around town with A can of special brew, And They Wonder why people think there scum ! OMFG its annoying
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#10 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:18 PM

I hate mainstream people, with mainstream people I read people who have no personality, are basically: shallow, stupid, ignorant, intolerant, think their cool and are so full of themselves they think they can tell people what they can and cannot do.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#11 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:30 PM

Come to think of it I hate pollen, it collects on my car, affects my allergies, comes twice a year, and I can't do anything about it.

I also hate big guys who blatantly pick up on your girl while you're standing RIGHT there.

I can't stand so called friends who know sometime you failed at something and throw it in your face whenever you don't see eye to eye.

I also can't stand people who take something you've said in confidence, and change the words around and tell others to make "the story even more interesting"

I can't stand people who just lie and make up shit to make themselves look more important than they actually are. You've met them, you say, "I jogged 3 miles today" and they say "oh yeah I jogged ten miles last week"

I believe this thread will go on for a very long time. It could be Revoras longest thread since Detail post a pic of yourself....

So many more things I hate, but I'll hold back for now.

#12 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:00 PM

I don't know this show but.. so many things here I agree on.

I absolutely hate when you're walking along in town, and those bloody clipboard people come up to you, no matter what you're doing...you could be eating a sandwich, speaking to friends, listening to MP3s, or even ON THE PHONE...the bastards will still come up and "Excuse me..."

Completely agreed. We get more advertisers phoning us here though, but they are damn right annoying. No, I do NOT want to buy your shit. No, my parents are NOT home. No, it's none of your business why I am not interested in your product. My time is valuable. I don't want to waste it on your advertisement. And also, if you as a company then must hire these phone callers, then bloody hire someone who does speak my language in a way I can understand it. I don't need to lose even more time by asking THREE times what the other person is actually saying. I do can say PWNED to that beauty parlor loser.. she didn't know what to say back. My dad overheard the conversation and he was like WTF then he had to laugh.. Amazing moment there.

Then there's bloody patronising companies. You make an appointment to the opticians, the dentists, or even a BANK...and you have it all written down, or remember to go...and they call you. At six PM at night, when you're trying to bloody relax, they call you to confirm the appointment. Who or what the fuck do they think I am? A goldfish? I CAN REMEMBER WHEN I'VE GOT AN APPOINTMENT, I BLOODY BOOKED IT!

They don't do that here. What I have been in, is bloody doctors, governments and such who book the appointments for you, and I always HAVE to phone them, merely because I also have a life so I'm probably not available at the time they schedule me. And no, it wasn't possible to even listen beforehand when I (and the person who was going to drive me there, my mum) have time. :p. Luckily lately I don't have much to do with that anymore.

Take it away, ladies. :p

Oh I'm just getting started :p.

I dislike this too. I almost had been dead or been in a severe accident because of some loser doing that. I also dislike people who clearly don't follow the traffic rules and do dangerous things. It's because of such an arsehole that I failed didn't pass my second driving exam (note: I've had four now). And that in my own damn street! ;)

Cyclists who don't think they have to follow the rules of the road when cycling on the road
Cyclists who cycle on the pavement

Agreed. Also, cars who don't give me the priority to go when I come from the right (while I do deserve to have that, new rule since more than 5 years now). Note: This ONLY happens when I'm cycling, RARELY EVER when I'm in a car having driving lesson. :wacko:

Agreed.

Teenage chicks thinking they can drive while talking on a cellphone, putting on makeup and talking with friends in the car AT THE SAME TIME piss me off. When (not if) they get in an accident, it stops up traffic for at least 1/2 a mile, if not more. No offence Blaat, because its usually American valley girls who pull that shit.

We don't have that here. Thanks for saying that ;).

AND I hate fucking standing in line for anything.

I really dislike it when I am standing in the line for something, then some loser decides it's his right to take the place before me while I was there first. What's even more annoying is, when I, shy and all that, decide to indeed reclaim my rightful place, the arsehole gets mad at me for taking back what's rightfully mine. If he had needed to catch a train (this happened at the train station) then he bloody well can ASK me if he can go first and I would have let him. I wasn't in a hurry at that point in time.

Come to think of it I hate pollen, it collects on my car, affects my allergies, comes twice a year, and I can't do anything about it.

I have hay fever, don't like it either. I'm also allergic to dust and cats, but I love the latter.

I can't stand so called friends who know sometime you failed at something and throw it in your face whenever you don't see eye to eye.

Not sure if that has happened to me, but I understand that point.

I also can't stand people who take something you've said in confidence, and change the words around and tell others to make "the story even more interesting".

I can't stand people who just lie and make up shit to make themselves look more important than they actually are. You've met them, you say, "I jogged 3 miles today" and they say "oh yeah I jogged ten miles last week"

Completely agreed with both points here.

I also don't like people (friends moreso) lying about big things, whether for your own good only or to make yourself look more interesting. An *ex* friend from years ago, borrowing my money, then not giving it back but lying about how it's been stolen (I believe it one time, don't fool me ten times with the same excuse again. Bloody don't leave it in your jacket unattended then..) And if you really don't have the money to pay me back, just say so. I *was* your friend, if that *would have* been the case, I would have been there for you. However that wasn't the case. Don't ask for my help and pity on a story you've lied alltogether either.

What I also don't like (hate is a much stronger emotion in my opinion, and would surely involve torture and/or death of the individual, I don't really have that as such) are bullies. And people who call me ugly (direct or indirect) and mean it. Because of my past, this hurts me more than it should. Do I look like I even want to know the opinion of some stranger of my looks? I don't think so. I also dislike those who (mostly in the past) saw me as ill. No people, YOU are the only being ill, in your mind, not me. You almost had me forever convinced I was a disease :sleep: :p.

What can also piss me off is people who assume things of me, who assume to know me, based on stereotypes and who truly believe these stereotypes to be the example of ideal human beings. Yes, I am interested in computers, games and modding, so what?! Get the FUCK over it if you don't like me liking that. Don't insist on KEEP telling me how you don't like me liking that. I am not going to quit things I love to do just because some arsehole believes it's wrong for a girl to like those things. Yes, I'm not clothing shopaholic crazy and I don't spend all my money on the newest clothes in fashion. As long as I like to wear what I wear, what does it matter? I do think it's stupid of you if you refuse to talk to me just because my clothes aren't the latest fashion, or because you think I don't "look" good enough. Or because you think I'm "weird" because of not conform to aforementioned stereotypes. Get over your shallow self. Stop telling me how you think it's "wrong" how I am, because it's not. It's you who's missing out here, not me. Don't like it, then at least let me be.

I'm sure there is more, but I'll leave it at that for now.

#13 chemical ali

chemical ali

Pie! Be nice I'm staff and I can ban0rz j00!

• Members
  • 4,739 posts
  • Projects:building an empire of doom
  •  chief mischief maker

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

People who moan about things, just ignore people who ask you market research in street, use the telephone preference agency, by a 4x4 so people don't try to over take you as you can just nudge their shitty car over, I also hate people who think they can drive using a mobile phone, buy a bluetooth headset your tart!

I also hate women drivers, they cant park. And about waiting in line, for it is a British tradition to que for things.

About women drivers, they just bang into the kerb, then the bumper of the other cars and they still have a slant and this is with parking sensors meh, I actually keyed the car of the person who blocked me in.
Posted Image

Quotes
“Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

Economic Left/Right: 10.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56

#14 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:38 PM

btw did I mention I dislike people stereotyping a lot and/or discriminating and/or generalisating?

#15 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:55 PM

Ali.

j/k

People who follow the trends and other popular things, usually blindly. I kinda wish the current trend was jumping off a tall cliff.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#16 Kazyumi

Kazyumi

We Shall Purify

• Members
  • 2,156 posts
  • Projects:Making a master plan to destroy the consumerist society.
  •  Revora's Local Forum Whore

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:56 PM

Ali.

j/k

People who follow the trends and other popular things, usually blindly. I kinda wish the current trend was jumping off a tall cliff.

I absolutely agree.

Oh and I also hate anything on TV about just that.
Shite like Passion4Fashion. Wish they would eat shit and die.

Lurking moar since 2004 2003!

#17 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:59 PM

I used to be one of those blind trend-following people. But, then my brother moved out, and I saw the light. It was like one of those televangelists hit me in the forehead, and it worked! Praise the lord! Hallelujah!

OLD SIG
Razgriz intrerpretation

#18 Hrod89

Hrod89

Forum Drummer

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Projects:N/A

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:01 PM

I used to be one of those blind trend-following people. But, then my brother moved out, and I saw the light. It was like one of those televangelists hit me in the forehead, and it worked! Praise the lord! Hallelujah!

I also heavily dislike televangelists.

Posted Image
Posted Image
ASUS A8N5X | AMD Athlon 64 3500+ | 2 X 512 GeIL @ 2.5-3-3-8 | Seagate 7200.8 250GB | XFX GeForce 6800 GS

#19 Tree

Tree

I pity you.

• Members
  • 147 posts
  • Projects:PHP, 5 different servers, Support
  •  Amazing

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:18 PM

I hate people who excessively complain.

#20 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:25 PM

I hate them, too. That was just a reference. They hit a guy on the head, then make him pay cash for it. A good way to get gullible people to do stupid things, but I hate them regardless.

OLD SIG
Razgriz intrerpretation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users