Photo

A letter to the President

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 May 2006 - 06:23 PM

So the President of Iran has written a letter to the President of the US.

http://edition.cnn.c...r.ap/index.html

The letter from President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made only an oblique reference to Iran's nuclear intentions, asking why "any technological and scientific achievement reached in the Middle East region is translated into and portrayed as a threat to the Zionist regime."

Isn't this the same person who declared Israel should be wiped of the map?

Otherwise, it lambasted Bush for his handling of the September 11 attacks, accused the media of spreading lies about the Iraq war and railed against the United States for its support of Israel. It questioned whether the world would be a different place if the money spent on Iraq had been spent to fight poverty.

That's actually a reasonable question to ask. Guns do cost more than butter....

I won't keep quoting the article. As you can read it for yourself. But there are some fundemental questions that need to be asked?

1) Is Iran looking for civilian technology or are simple buying time to "build the bomb?"

2) If they have the bomb, what will they do with it?

3) Will the example of N Korea having the bomb deterring us from attacking make other countries "want" the bomb?

4) Will the fact of more countries having the bomb actually stop wars?

5) Iran said they want to wipe Israel off the map. They have the missile tech, and are moving towards the bomb. Do we go after them and break thier neck before they can? (they meaning all agreeded nations)

Or do we all sit back and let them achieve "the bomb" You know it will only prove G Bushes claim that those nations are an "Axis of Evil", maybe he wasn't so wrong. Or maybe his words caused it. I think the first statement is more true.

It's not like N Korea woke up one day and said do it. It takes many years. And those years started prior to 9/11...

#2 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:39 PM

Maybe it was planned all along
http://news.yahoo.co...ii_060505220719

#3 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 10 May 2006 - 05:20 PM

if Iran got a nuke that would be a bad thing. although its pretty hypocritical to think so i believe. but you can't really blame us for being nervous when people like that get the button.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#4 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:09 PM

if Iran got a nuke that would be a bad thing. although its pretty hypocritical to think so i believe. but you can't really blame us for being nervous when people like that get the button.

Not if they aim the motherfucker at Israel

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 xjjohnno

xjjohnno
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

People like them have the same aspirations as ourselves,like eat,shit,shag the missus and generally live their own lives till interfering assholes mess with their lives,especially when those doing the messing with lives have a reputation for gratuitous invading and acting like the town drunk going around picking fights with anyone they don't like the look of.

#6 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:09 PM

So you consider a nuclear war (Israel will retalliate with nuclear weapons) on top of the largest supply of Oil in the world a good thing?
Not to mention the fact that any war with Iran/Israel involved could spread across the globe easily with all the local/international allies both countries have..

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#7 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:12 PM

So you consider a nuclear war (Israel will retalliate with nuclear weapons) on top of the largest supply of Oil in the world a good thing?
Not to mention the fact that any war with Iran/Israel involved could spread across the globe easily with all the local/international allies both countries have..

Yet another reason we are hated in the middle east.

We say nuclear weapons are bed, but we let Israel have them.

I doubt Israel would have the ability to retaliate if Iran nuked them, Tho. Wipe that eyesore off the map and return the land to its rightful owners.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2006 - 04:47 PM

(Kal) The western capitalist nations are basically attempting to establish haegemony over the world's nuclear weapons. That's the gist of it.

#9 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:03 PM

I doubt Israel would have the ability to retaliate if Iran nuked them, Tho. Wipe that eyesore off the map and return the land to its rightful owners.

Let's see Israel has cruise missiles and an airforce. They'd have the opportunity to retalliate.

Besides, Israel already belongs to it's rightfull owners. Not to mention those rightfull owners are the only true example of democracy in the middle east.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#10 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

Blur are better than Oasis

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  • Projects:The revolution
  •  Terrorist

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:43 PM

Rightful owners? You mean the people who had never been or been born there that were shoved in without the consent of the actual owners of the land who had been born there along with their fathers and had built their homes there?

American view of democracy: Any country that has free votes where america-supporting capitalists get voted in.

Edited by Comrade Kal, 13 May 2006 - 06:47 PM.

Posted Image

"To be governed is tragic, to govern is pathetic."

#11 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 13 May 2006 - 06:53 PM

true democracy doesnt exist on this planet anyway, even less in the middle east. but yeah, nuking the area where the last drops of oil is left would kinda taint the oil a bit. hehehe that would be a bit ironic , tainted oil on multiple levels.

Israel is the rightful owners of a dark past. they take on the yellow davidstar as soon as someone tells them they are doing something wrong. but once the heat goes down they go back to getting more "lebensraum". the thing is that there are a few extremists on both sides that bend the people's will to fit their own image of the world. people who believe that they are right and that everyone else is wrong is gonna cause trouble no matter what you do...

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#12 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 13 May 2006 - 10:59 PM

Is this thier true intention, a renewable energy source? If it is than I see no issue, but considering the words coming from Tehran about Israel, it's hard to see the truth.

http://edition.cnn.c...8.ap/index.html

#13 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:03 PM

Yeha, after all, America has nukes, it's not as if you hear them talking about 'the axis of evil'.
Posted Image

#14 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:08 PM

I suppose but even today I spoke with some iranian customers who talked about thier family all came to the US, I said "gee I wonder why" they said" yeah, I wonder why and smirked" so the regime and the country they come from is not a place where they want to live.

The US also doesn't make public world statements about wiping other countries off the face of the map. Iran didn't talk regime change in Isreal they literally are stating just simply killing all the jews or moving them back to europe.

And we do know europe doesn't have much love for the jews even today. While I see your point on the hypocrisy of some countries allowed nukes and not others, there is a difference.

#15 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:14 PM

I suppose but even today I spoke with some iranian customers who talked about thier family all came to the US, I said "gee I wonder why" they said" yeah, I wonder why and smirked" so the regime asnd the country they come from is not a place where they want to live.

I intend to move away from Northamptonshire, that doesn't mean I want someone to vapourise the whole fucking place.

The US also doesn't make public world statements about wiping other countries off the face of the map. Iran didn't talk regime change in Isreal they literally are stating just simply killing all the jews or moving them back to europe.

Because as we saw in iraq, regime change does not mean bombing innocent civilians or using banned weapons or going in and blowing the fuck out of everything. They're the same fucking thing. Especially when you consider Israel is THEIR LAND.

And we do know europe doesn't have much love for the jews even today. While I see your point on the hypocrisy of some countries allowed nukes and not others, there is a difference.

No, no, no, there really isn't. It's just that you want your country and it's lapdogs to be sitting on all the nukes in the world so we can give those ay-rabs a good pounding if they ask too many questions.
Posted Image

#16 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:22 PM

Actually, the Jews have been there for thousands of years. They just didn't have an official country.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#17 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 14 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

It's very difficult to decide ownership of Israel. You're both wrong. It's a little bit of both. The Israelis claim it as their land, and they were granted it by the United Kingdom in 1947, but the Palestinians also have a legitimate claim as they've been living there for some time.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#18 Comrade Kal

Comrade Kal

• Members
  • 2,491 posts
  •  Terrorist

Posted 14 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

If the native american indians said of the USA 'this is our land', and another nation backed them up, and they would be FAR more within their right to do so than the Jews, I doubt you'd support them.
Posted Image

#19 Athgar

Athgar
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Czerion
  •  Crazy Monkey Pirate

Posted 14 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

I dont think it was Bush who started this, but America has been involved in these problems for a long time. Because peace in the Middle East would be bad for oil prices(as long as there aint peace they need weapons, who's got weapons?), America has over a long period worked against it. Who supplied Taleban with weapons? And who was Saddam Hussein allied to? Its all about the oil down there, as long as there is oil, people will fight over it. I believe peace could be restored in the Middle East, if enough ressources were spent on it, instead of moving, bombing a country back to the middle ages, and then doing a half job rebuilding it. People were so shocked over the 9/11 bombings/terrorism, but why? There was a reason behind it, people dont just throw their lives away like that...
Posted Image

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2006 - 08:42 PM

It's as if people can't possibly comprehend why people would do it but to me it's just so clear... I'm amazed it didn't happen before and more often.

I think the destruction of the towers was a good thing, but obviously not the killig of all the people in them and it was done for the wrong reasons really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users