#1 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:20 PM

Here is another quick preview this time of the Ki-98 ground attack plane, never reaching production dew to the end of the war this plane showed great potential & should be able to chew threw enemy armour with it’s 37mm & twin 20mm cannons in the nose.

Posted Image

BTW these rotating 3d images are easy to make so if there is any specific units you would like to get a better view of just say & I’ll post one of it :p

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Me likes. Does that thing at the back connecting the two.. things have an historical purpose or is it just there for 'niceness' or something? Just curious heh.

#3 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:55 PM

The bar connecting the two booms controls the aircrafts pitch, i.e. makes it go up & down.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

Ah okay thanks, don't see how that technically would work, but eh, it's a mod, not a physics lesson :p. Still, nice work :lol:.

#5 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:28 PM

Don’t know much about aerodynamics do ya, I’m fighting the urge to do a long post on aerodynamics & the 3D movement of aircraft now :p

Edited by Mig Eater, 10 May 2006 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:41 PM

I know a bit of it, only what I've been explained at secondary school, which in fact included the wings itself, no rear parts like that one.

#7 Lee

Lee

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 2,313 posts
  • Projects:Life
  • Division:Art & Design
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:43 PM

Not seen a plane like that before, its cool. Nice one Mig :p

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:15 PM

a early A10 tankbuster i believe :p
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#9 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 10:37 PM

a early A10 tankbuster i believe :p

But without the titanium protection. Now the P-47 was a real terror against ground targets: Massive firepower and a s*** load of armor.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#10 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 10 May 2006 - 11:05 PM

What is it with ppl & the A10 :p whenever someone says ground attack I think of the Il-10 or He-129 (note to self: must make them two soon)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 11 May 2006 - 12:36 AM

Ground attack and I think of Stukas and Sturmoviks... And tankbusters, I think of Typhoons (not euro)... Ki-98 and I think of Nice and That'll be cool to use.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#12 wilmet

wilmet

muscles from brussels ?

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:39 AM

well it does seem similar to an A10 when looking at it from the front.

it's pretty nice :) is this there definite ground attack plane or is it just for coolness/different game mode?
apologising to the world on behalf of my country for the existence of Brussel sprouts and Jean Claude Vandame

"I'm not retreating, I'm just fighting in another direction" (anonymous US corporal, Korea)

work is sacred...so don't go near it.

#13 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:12 AM

This is their post-war ground attack plane, the Ki-51 being used in pre/early war, the Ki-45 mid & Ki-102 in late.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 raminator

raminator

Humba, Humba, Humba Tätärä

• Hosted
  • 1,600 posts
  • Projects:ehmmm don´t tell you :P
  •  der Biermeister hat gesprochen

Posted 11 May 2006 - 09:39 AM

that´s really some cigar with wings :)
Posted Image
if ^ does not work click here
I support Xeno getting well. Go Xeno!

#15 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

Ground attack, I think of A10. Sorry, but it's first thing into my head. That, or an Apache gunship :) Besides, from the front, that thing does look rather A10-ish with the stubby wings and the meaty machinegun on the front.

Still, a very nice looking model. Surprised a prop behind the main fuselage like that would work, tbh.

The back thing acts like a single giant elevator. On a normal plane, there'd be two tail-end 'wings' (this thing doesn't have them so has one big one connecting the two tail booms) so that thing pushes upwards to generate more lift and make it go up (as air pushes against the elevated surface and forces the back end down), or pushes downwards to make the craft descend (by pushing the back end upwards).

The tail rudders will do the same thing to make it go left and right in a yawing motion, and the ailerons situated on the wingtips generally work in opposition (one goes up, the other down) to allow a bank turn.

I know stuff :p

#16 DAA

DAA

Leader of Team Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Projects:Modern Warfare TC
  •  Deutsches Military Officer

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:37 PM

I still say that the HS 129 B-3 with the 75mm PAK 40 gun from the Panzer IVS still is a better tank killer than this jap machine.

#17 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:55 PM

Surprised a prop behind the main fuselage like that would work, tbh.

I know stuff

Contradicting yourself a bit there Posted Image The fastest prop driven plane of WW2 used a pusher configuration, going as fast if not faster then most jets of the time. The biggest plane used by the USAF used rear facing props too :)

Edited by Mig Eater, 11 May 2006 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:58 PM

Well, I said I know stuff. Didn't specify WW2 stuff, as that would be a complete bare-faced lie. I would have just anticipated that the fuselage would've provided a 'barrier' for the air to reach the blades...and so it wouldn't have been able to provide as much thrust as a result.

I suppose rear-facing props would be a sensible idea, but I was more thinking in terms of the prop's position. Fit them along the wings, and this wouldn't be an issue, but the aerodynamic profile of the fuselage would be a bit inhibitive, I'd have thought.

But fair enough :p I'm not gonna argue with ya :)

Edited by Paradox, 11 May 2006 - 05:00 PM.

#19 DAA

DAA

Leader of Team Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Projects:Modern Warfare TC
  •  Deutsches Military Officer

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:17 PM

The fastest prop driven airplane of the USAAF was not of a pusher/tandem configuration but rather it was the a specially modified P-47 thunderbolt with an emergency warrating pratt and whitney around 3,280 hp war service rating allowing it to get more than 504mph. In fact the fastes USAAF production aircraft fighter of the war was the P-51H series which achieved over 500 production models built. In fact mig the biggest airplane with rear facing props constructed in prototype form was the b-36 series (built in mock-up and few prototypes) and not the douglas XB-19 which was shamelessly obsolete by the war and it was rather relegated to a transport role for which its massive engines served it well.

Edited by DAA, 11 May 2006 - 05:34 PM.

#20 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 11 May 2006 - 05:50 PM

WTF are you rambling on about :cool:

Posted Image
Posted Image