Photo

Should contra be less gory?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Should contra be less gory?

Should contra be less gory?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Should contra be MORE gory?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  • Projects:Remix alpha testing, V/GO beta testing.
  •  Good

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:42 PM

I think contra is a little too gory. Infantry blow apart when they get hit. I jut don't like it. What about you?

Aw, crap, i wanted a poll. Can someone add one?

Edited by Creator, 13 May 2006 - 08:49 AM.

#2 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

Ummm, go play harry poter if you dont like gore.

Posted Image

#3 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

I think Contra would be less good without cause it's just fun to see the soliders get blown apart and so on, that makes me say: "Die little Bastards and burn in Hell" :shiftee:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:31 PM

Woah, I never thought Contra had exploding infantry. I'd better give this a try.

#5 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:36 PM

I think contra is a little too gory. Infantry blow apart when they get hit. I jut don't like it. What about you?

I agree with the other guys, I like it... I get cheezed off when (in other games) a guy gets hit in the face with a 500lb bomb, and slowly falls over saying ouch. Or when he gets shot in the ace with a TANK and he acts like he died of a heart attack.

I will say though, I think the gore should be down scaled a little, the jiblets that fly up are 2X as big as the soldier blown up... If anything half the jiblets should be missing after being hit with a MOAB.

Aw, crap, no. I can't add one.

I think Contra would be less good without cause it's just fun to see the soliders get blown apart and so on, that makes me say: "Die little Bastards and burn in Hell" :shiftee:

:dry: hehehe Drake, you need therapy!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#6 Bfox

Bfox
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:17 PM

erm, a gore off button in the options? : P

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:20 PM

erm, a gore off button in the options? : P

I don't think its possible
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

I agree with the other guys, I like it... I get cheezed off when (in other games) a guy gets hit in the face with a 500lb bomb, and slowly falls over saying ouch. Or when he gets shot in the ace with a TANK and he acts like he died of a heart attack.

I will say though, I think the gore should be down scaled a little, the jiblets that fly up are 2X as big as the soldier blown up... If anything half the jiblets should be missing after being hit with a MOAB.

Aw, crap, no. I can't add one.

:dry: hehehe Drake, you need therapy!

That's what some guys said to me when they have read my story ;) I finally have the concept for my bomb ready :)
Hey you should hear me and my friends on a Lan you would think we are crazy ;)
Yeah, it's true sometimes the gore is to big ;) But still it's cool :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:10 PM

a clean version and mature version :shiftee:
Posted Image

#10 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 12 May 2006 - 06:56 PM

Guy980, very 1st Contra versions were without blood at all. I made blood in the mod only after numerous requests from players.

Edited by Creator, 12 May 2006 - 06:56 PM.

#11 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  •  Good

Posted 12 May 2006 - 10:40 PM

Oh, ok, well. How abou a little scale down then? Because shell=BLESFLARTFDTDFTFD! (Infantry gory explosion the size of a Tomahawk.) NO MORE!

#12 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:58 PM

I think this is only a matter of changing INIs...let the gore remain for twisted bastards like me...then perhaps a tone-down INI for the weak of stomach will be available..

Sheeesh, some of you guys really don't have the stomach for this even in-game? I hope you never touched gory FPS and go to their official forum boards and ask to tone down the guts comming out from the guys you shoot at.

#13 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  •  Good

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:12 AM

No, i don't play doom/quake or horror/gory games, so i wouldn't know. But still, this is a little much.

#14 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:27 AM

Hmmm, I think I'm getting you. Why don't you watch 'Cabin Fever' or 'Hostel' or 'The Hills have Eyes'. After getting used to these films, exploding infantry will simply be old school for you. :cool:

#15 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 13 May 2006 - 02:02 AM

I not read every post cos i too lazy but i got one comment to make.

War = Not a pretty thing and has lots of blood in, havign blood and exploding infantry in the game fits right in and makes it more REAL.

in real life is a grenade or shell go's off near u i'm retty sure your gonna be dead and if u do live outta shear luck u may have an army or 2 missing. IE: this feature is good and will not be removed cos it fits in.

If u do not like gore then as stated go play a none war game. I would hate to see u play doom 3 or something and then go OMG this is too goreing and has way to much blood....
If u don't want gorn don't play a war game.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#16 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 13 May 2006 - 08:38 AM

Let's make the poll

#17 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 09:58 AM

Hey have one of you ever played Dawn of War Winter Assault? or the Normal one?
That game is fun :p When you see a Cyborg getting a Orc in Close Combat :D that looks so cool :cool: and as far as I know in Winter Assault there is an option that all the killed Infantry and Vehicles remain in Game, is that also possible in generals, so you would have big piles of destroyed units and so on on the Map

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, simple as that. You don't like gore, then don't touch gore. And we need to see gore in a Gen:ZH mod for a change. I never really liked mods that claims to be focused on realism but they don't even have the balls to add-up gore or any sort of ugly things in war such exploding guts, torned body parts, etc. So this mod stands-out from all of it, and I say this mod should retain its creative liberty not like those mods that whine "oh, that's offensive, that's immoral, that's inappropriate, that's a hindrance to your salvation in heaven, that's very very bad, yada-yada"

Big words you say, eh? I'm still yet to try this mod out. Creator, pls don't remove the only special thing that makes this mod, and let me download it first. :cool:

#19 Guy980

Guy980

title available

• Banned
  • 314 posts
  •  Good

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:19 PM

WTF? I couldn't vote less!

#20 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:53 PM

WTF? I couldn't vote less!

I dunno why you couldn't vote, but the poll is pretty darn clear without it... its not like 1 vote is going to tip the scale
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users