The Da Vinci Code

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:30 PM

What, scientific proof of Jesus being God? I actually think yes, if you're disposed to read it. Are you?

Scientific Facts that Support Jesus' Divinity

So, please, stop thinking that you atheists are the only ones who support stuff with scientific facts.

Edited by Orc Master, 30 July 2006 - 05:31 PM.

#22 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 30 July 2006 - 05:47 PM

I thought people said Jesus was the son of God.

#23 Orc Master

Orc Master
  • New Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:57 PM

Yes, Jesus is the Son of God, but he's the only Son who wasn't created, but engendered. This is the difference between Jesus and we, the rest of God's children.

#24 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:09 AM

That's not scientific evidence. That's saying "There is evidence out there, it's out there, it's out there", while investigating hearsay. Scientific evidence is meant to be based on some sort of... truth.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#25 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:44 PM

Question... make that a few questions:

I'm going to play devil's advocate and side with the athiests for a minute.... If you're saying that there is no God, than that means we evolved from Primapes - I'm not getting specific between species of monkey. Tell me, if the monkeys were suppose to evolve, why are they still around? Did they come down with a desease that stopped them from continuing up the evolutionary chain? And if that's the case... wouldn't there... at somepoint.... be a half-human-half-ape somewhere wandering around? Or would you consider that Bigfoot?

And if anyone can answer those questions... Lets continue saying that all the animals came from the sea like Evolutionists believe. All animals evolved from a single-celled organism that lived in the ocean, that at some point wasn't single-celled and before we knew it, it was walking/crawling on dry land. Everyone with me so far? Good. So tell me than, if all the ANIMALS were created from a single-celled organism, where'd the plants come from?

Everyone's talking about how the single-celled organism became animals - at least from what I've learned so far. And from what I've learned so far is that the single-celled organism was the only life that existed at the beginning of time, when the Earth was created... whatever you want to say. So if that's true, someone please explain the plants!

#26 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:55 PM

I've also seen the Da Vinci Code, although I never finished the book. And I have to say, it was good. It didn't change my view on anything. MSpencer is right, the book is fiction, it says it on the same page the copyright is on. And what I did read read of the book, I enjoyed somewhat. To me, it was like reading any other fiction book. But that's what everyone needs to realize - especially fellow Christians - it is indeed fiction.

And to the person who said that Christians are easily deceived - b/c I don't remember who said it... sorry - you're wrong. I'm not. Its like someone who sent me an e-mail saying someone was putting HIV positive needles in gas pumps. Before I even thought of sending it on, I checked it out. So don't judge Christians in general on things that Christians YOU know do.

Some things that give Christians a bad name: I also agree with what some of you are saying about Christians who are racist and prejudice. They are not truly Christian. And one more thing I'd like you guys to realize. Being a Christian doesn't mean you suddenly become perfect. Because no one excpet Jesus ever was or ever will be. We will make mistakes as much as non-Christians. By not realizing we're still going to make mistakes, you - nonChristians in general - make it look like we're these big fakes - which I know some of us are - who never did believe in a one, true God. And that's where you're wrong - in some instances.

#27 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 05:56 PM

Primates. More specifically a line of primates of the Homo genus. Primape is a Pokémon.
And the endosymbiotic theory perpetuates a very solid idea that all life evolved from prokaryotes, also known as bacteria. Certain specialized bacteria, photosynthetic bacteria and bacteria performing aerobic respiration through what we know as cellular respiration, merged with other prokaryotic organisms to form eukaryotic cells, of which the different types began diversifying eventually forming the four eukaryotic kingdoms we know today. All animals, and all plants, can track their evolutionary history to one divergent point.
And I don't know what you mean by the last part... life didn't end up on this earth until... well it's debated, if you consider protobionts to be alive, it could be 4.5 billion years ago (A 4.5 billion year old chondrite was found in Southern Australia containing more than 80 amino acids), or 3 billion years ago. It's difficult to tell.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#28 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

We have a lot of grammar "freaks" around here - meaning NO offense... I just think its odd.

You still haven't answered my other questions. The ones that lead to the Bigfoot theory. Please don't tell me you believe that? That's Mythology, and I don't think that's what's being talked about at the moment

P.S.
Sorry for the double post!

Edited by crossroads, 05 August 2006 - 06:31 PM.

#29 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

When you mistake "primeape" with "primate" you know you should stop watching tv and try reading some good books - you know - the non-christian ones?

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#30 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 06:41 PM

What bigfoot theory? You're making no sense whatsoever.
And being a grammar "freak" is quite acceptable in this instance.
I, see quite a difference between these two things:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primeape

I don't see how some urban legend filters into the subject of the early evolution of eukaryotic organisms, though...
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#31 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 08:43 PM

Tell me, if the monkeys were suppose to evolve, why are they still around? Did they come down with a desease that stopped them from continuing up the evolutionary chain? And if that's the case... wouldn't there... at somepoint.... be a half-human-half-ape somewhere wandering around? Or would you consider that Bigfoot?

This is what I was talking about...

Are we talking about religion in general? Because if that's the case, why are we only talking about the Christian religion? Jews believe in God, they just don't think the Messiah has come. And what about the Mormons? Or the Methodists? Why is it only Christians/Catholics being attacked here? Every religion has a god of their own... so why don't you try attacking them as well. Don't pin the whole thing on us... please.

And I can't believe you're going to sit there and get upset over my misspelling a word by ONE letter! - and adding one in... That's just juvenile and it's not what we're discussing at the moment...

Edited by crossroads, 05 August 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#32 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:09 PM

Ok. Every religion on earth is ran by a bunch of ignorant schmucks, who try to imply their skewed perspective on the world by outright denying the truth. By doing so they draw people who are desperate to change their lives and therefore terrorism, crusades and religious wars are created. It's no different from a sect with one guy on top of it controlling you into doing his bidding.

Oh and btw, you misspelled by two letters.

Edited by Blodo, 05 August 2006 - 09:11 PM.

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#33 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:16 PM

No it's not juvenile. There are significant differences between the two.

And I certainly don't pin anything more than the genocide of millions of people on the Christians, just as we all pin the Holocaust on the Nazis, the Great Purge on Stalin, the suppression of China on the Europeans (And the Christians), the destruction of the Roman Empire on the Barbarians, and the fall of the Aztecs on the Spanish. I'm perfectly fairly assigning blame here. The Christians, not the Hindus or the Muslims or the Atheists or those dreadfully evil evolutionary biologists, slaughtered people by the hundreds in the Americas, India, China, and the entire African continent... indiscriminately.

And you cannot tell me you even believe for a quarter of a second that that website is using anything more than figurative language to advance an agenda, do you?
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#34 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:43 PM

What website...? WTF are you talking about?

And I stated that I added a letter in the word.. but Again.. the topic is Religion... So yes Spencer, it is juvenile for you to be making a big deal over a misspelled word.

#35 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:54 PM

Why the website I was referring to when I stated that...

And no, mispelled words mean the world. One letter is the difference between Was and War, Genocide and Fenocide (The killing of Fenring many times over), Cat and Hat, Ligase and Lipase, DNA and RNA, snoRNA and snRNA, Chime and Chyme, Re-Brain and Refrain...
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#36 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 09:57 PM

Again... I have no clue what website you're refering to... could you please put the link in the next post so I know what you're talking about?

And yet.. Again... the topic is religion.. And I really don't care about spelling the name of a stupid Pokemon... which is btw.. a primate.... Can you stick to the topic please?!!

And I don't have time for T.V. Blodo.... Just b/c I type fast and misspell ONE word doesn't give you the right to start flaming me...You're not my English teacher.

Edited by crossroads, 05 August 2006 - 10:02 PM.

#37 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:05 PM

It's right at the top of this page (2). Can you not see that or something?

And spelling in the real world, matters. It doesn't matter what your fifth grade teacher told you.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#38 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

I never even looked at the site...

And if you think I'm a fifth grader, than my spelling is pretty good if the only word I spelled incorrectly was primate. I must be a genius! Although I don't recall mentioning anything about a fifth grade English teacher?! :p :DE017:

And again..... stick to the topic.... which is religion, not spelling. If it bothers you so much... start a new topic...

And you still haven't answered some of my questions.

Edited by crossroads, 05 August 2006 - 10:14 PM.

#39 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:21 PM

And I don't have time for T.V. Blodo.... Just b/c I type fast and misspell ONE word doesn't give you the right to start flaming me...You're not my English teacher.

I didn't flame you. I stated my belief of what religion really is. Yet another way to manipulate our opinions. Read my posts properly before posting.

#40 Guest_crossroads_*

Guest_crossroads_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2006 - 11:47 PM

You're comment was reffering to my misspelling of Primate. Which was why I made that comment. That's all... If you weren't flaming me, I appologize for making the accusation.

Edited by crossroads, 05 August 2006 - 11:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users