#21 DAA

DAA

Leader of Team Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Projects:Modern Warfare TC
  •  Deutsches Military Officer

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:32 PM

Mig I love the Yamato but I really think it needs more detail added to the bridge as it looks kinda plain right now. Could you also add some more colors than just grey around it.

#22 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 01 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

You've said that already. I'd wonder what colours you wanted him to add. Given it's supposed to be realistic, I'd guess the obvious colour would be grey. I don't imagine pink with yellow polka-dots somehow.

Posted Image

I don't see how that voxel is anything but accurate. ;)

#23 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:06 PM

Mig I love the Yamato but I really think it needs more detail added to the bridge as it looks kinda plain right now. Could you also add some more colors than just grey around it.

No! now will you plz just STFU ;)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 DAA

DAA

Leader of Team Blitzkrieg

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • Projects:Modern Warfare TC
  •  Deutsches Military Officer

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:08 PM

I was thinking of maybe shading in some black or darker greys. Wow that is a gigantic Yamato model where is it ? Mig where are the seaplanes for the Yamato (supposed to carry 6)

Edited by DAA, 01 June 2006 - 04:09 PM.

#25 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:22 PM

Right that’s it I’ve had it with you! From now on all your posts will be moderated & require approval before they are displayed.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Az3r^

Az3r^

Resident Fan Boy/Tester

• Members
  • 2,325 posts
  • Projects:Nothing Atm .
  •  Oldbie Slacker since August 03

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:12 AM

PWNED! gg mig
Quotes :
Paradox @ Ali - "And what the fuck would you know? Ever been? Oh no, sorry, your map says 'HERE BE DRAGONS' anywhere outside of your rock"

#27 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:44 AM

Seconded. Pwnt.

Other than that, there is no record of it carrying any planes. Where the hell would they launch from? It's a battleship, not a carrier! There's no room for planes to be stowed OR launched.

Model's about as realistic as it's gonna get. As ever.

#28 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

Many larger battleships had planes, for recce, etc. AFAIK, They'd be either launched from the sea or catapult, then lifted back on board by crane.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#29 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:45 PM

YR Engine people has limits :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#30 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 03 June 2006 - 01:14 PM

The Yamato did carry several seaplanes (the catapults are at the rear) I haven’t added them tho as one they are very hard to make in such a small size & two its not going to use them any way so I didn’t see a need.

As to battleships using seaplanes the Royal Navy’s Revenge class has that ability in D-day. I normally give battleships anti-aircraft cannons as their secondary weapon tho.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

What would the Revenge class do with the plane? I don't imagine them being particularly great ASW weapons...they would be launched, perhaps, from a carrier.

#32 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:10 PM

Seaplanes were used as scouts and light attack aircraft.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#33 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:33 PM

It's used for ASW, which it doesn't do very well but it’s there to give it something a bit unique more then anything.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:38 PM

Sweet stuff, shame you can get a vehicle to take up more than one cell to stop overlapping.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 03 June 2006 - 08:49 PM

I hate to talk about old stuff again, and it's great to see Yotta get his just desserts but...

About the M3. If you're willing to remove the turret, you might as well just give the whole thing a gattling system. It's rather simple, and would allow you to use the two different cannons and the MGs. Only it couldn't differentiate between ground targets then, incase that's what you wanted for your tanks. If you want the MG to target aircraft though (or if not) you would just have to remember that the odd weapon numbers are for ground, and the even for air.
Being a total douche.

#36 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:03 PM

I’ve never messed around with the gattling logic but I have heard a rumour that you could get multiple weapons working with it, is that what you mean?

Something about that if the warhead disallows it firing on the unit type targeted it will skip to the next gat level until it finds a weapon it can fire, so using this you can make units have more then two weapons. I’ve never seen anyone use it & I only vaguely remember reading about it somewhere ages ago so any more information would be handy.

Or do you just mean making the M3 fire its 75mm, 37mm & 30cal in a row cycling though them?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:41 AM

I’ve never messed around with the gattling logic but I have heard a rumour that you could get multiple weapons working with it, is that what you mean?

Oh, good question. I was just thinking about cycling, which should work logically since the shells can be high explosive too... but yeah the other idea might be a godsend. I wouldn't be the person to ask though, since everything I just told you is everything I know about gattlings...

Well, except for the fact they need looping sound effects I think, and they can't use radiation for some stupid reason.

Best of luck with the weapons systems Mig.
Being a total douche.

#38 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 05 June 2006 - 06:31 AM

Are there any good tut's on gattling logic? And don't forget to let us know how it goes, Mig :blush:

World Domination Status: 2.7%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users