• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Nasty Hobbitses

Nasty Hobbitses
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:35 PM

Hello again,

Just started skinning tonight and set out to slightly change Gimli's texture then just try and get it back onto the model in RenX. (Yes, I am a noob at this :lol:)

All went well, following Hasty's Skinning Tutorial until I came to actually applying the skin onto the model, I got it on alright but it looks completely munted, i.e head showing on cloak etc. The tutorial finishes by saying "Bind all the meshes using a WWSkin for each." and I presume this is the problem, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the douss this means. I tried to run the tutorial from the site on WWSkins but it didn't work.

I'm sure this probably only requires a quick link to a different tutorial or a short explanation and thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:57 PM

get nicks tutorial on modeling it will go into detail on that....
and it will teach you about reaplying the skin :lol:

#3 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 25 May 2006 - 12:58 PM

lol that was me :lol:
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

#4 Nasty Hobbitses

Nasty Hobbitses
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:00 PM

Sweet, thanks bud.

#5 Nasty Hobbitses

Nasty Hobbitses
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:18 PM

Argh, this is very confusing.

At the completetion of Nick's Tutorial should the skin have corrected itself? The pictures towards the end of the tutorial are plain black on my comp so I can't see or will the skin only show as correctly applied once in game?

Thanks again.

Edited by Nasty Hobbitses, 25 May 2006 - 01:29 PM.

#6 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:10 PM

you apply the skin before you start binding and after you have applyed the skin... if it needs to be changed slightly, you choose a modifer called UVunwrap. Look at poly clones skinning tutorial its the best skinning tutorial I have come across. :lol:
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

#7 Mullers_11

Mullers_11

Onlooker

• Project Team
  • 806 posts
  • Projects:Visions, The Four Ages
  •  Not active

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:57 PM

Thats hard to make the UVMap fit the texture, unwrap the UVMAP and make the texture fit it :shiftee:

Retired

#8 Nasty Hobbitses

Nasty Hobbitses
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 06:58 AM

The texture is the same 'shape' as it was, just changed the color of Gimli's armor and his cap, I woulda thought it'd clip straight back on as I didn't change what was where but I was wrong obviously.

By the way, 'poly clones skining tutorial' any chance of a link? :huh:

#9 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:11 AM

Proclones Website, it has tons of useful tutorials

Edited by zimoo, 26 May 2006 - 07:11 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#10 Nasty Hobbitses

Nasty Hobbitses
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:33 AM

Proclones Website, it has tons of useful tutorials

Thanks! That was a very informative tutorial indeed.

Just tried changing Arwens skin a bit and adding that to the model and it all went on fine, tried Aragorn and it also went fine but when I tried with Haldir, it had the same problem as originally. This has me baffled but I presume it's something to do with my process running skinning. Any other suggestions more than welcome! :huh:

#11 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:16 AM

it sould be exactly the same... follow the tutorial again...you may have missed something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users