• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Andre27

Andre27

Crazy Forum Cat

• Hosted
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 08:39 PM

DAA/Universal/Yotta, whatever the name of the day is, is persistent in ignoring warnings against him in the Team Revenge section, therefor i request his posts need to be approved before becoming visible.
Words and warnings seem to have little/no effect therefor i suggest this stronger measure.

Can someone from the staff/admins set this up?

Edit: Corrected grammar.

Edited by Andre27, 25 May 2006 - 08:40 PM.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Andre 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.

Posted Image

- The mathemathical probability of God existing is 67% -

"We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:15 PM

Please, link samples of his misbehaviour there,
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 25 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

Five randomly selected D-Day threads. All include DAA demonstating irritance.
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#4 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:38 AM

Five randomly selected D-Day threads. All include DAA demonstating irritance.
Here
Here
Here
Here
Here

Those don't look bad to me..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:55 AM

I'd have to say DAA can be pretty annoying and doesn't listen to words and warnings.

The last thread was partially split to here.

#6 milbot

milbot

AWD moderator

• Project Team
  • 534 posts
  • Projects:AWD projects
  •  AWD Development Team
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:Public Relations Director

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:08 AM

But I have to agree with Komataguri that those questions he posed didn't have any flaming, etc.
I don't think his constant stream of questions is huge enough to let an admin approve his posts, even if it is a little bit annoying.

Edited by milbot, 26 May 2006 - 09:09 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:25 AM

Not admin, anyone with mod+ powers (moreso Andre and Mig, since DAA mostly posts in the D-Day section. If you ask me DAA has some weird obsession with it =/.) Andre didn't say DAA flamed people. I do think that if DAA continues this behaviour something will have to happen as you can only try out peoples patience for some time. I visit the D-Day section myself for quite some time and I must say I can understand he's getting on peoples nerves.

#8 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:45 AM

The last link was pretty annoying. I'll warn him in a PM when I return from the university and I'll post the PM here, so everyone can read. But... if he continues to be annoying like that after that PM, we'll have to moderate his postings.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#9 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:00 PM

I think that you should give him more of just like a one-time chance after the warning. Just because he posts one question he shouldn't get moderated posts. Give him a chance after the warning. After all, your allowed to ask questions.

#10 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 02:06 PM

He's asked much more than just one question.
By PMing him, he's given another chance :huh:.

#11 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:02 PM

I don't understand why he keeps trying to get back into the community every time he gets banned from a modding forum, people across the community know of him and his n00bism. Also, most of the content on his "'Team Blitzkreig" website (sorry, forgot the link) is actually posted w/o permission from the actual creators. Some of it is just other peoples' work with a different colour and no credit to the original author. I'd say ban him, he deserves it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#12 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 27 May 2006 - 01:22 AM

This is the link you were looking for
And how many chances should he be given before banning? He'll just come back again anyway, unchanged as annoying as ever. I think having him moderated is the best course of action, although I can see why Banshee would want to give him a more official warning first :)

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#13 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 09:07 AM

He's a Nazist ripper-n00b who death would prolly be too good for. I mean, shit, Satan would probably kick that dickhead out. He does nothing but shamelessly promote his shitty models in D-Day area, and claims to be 'at war' with d-day, and all this other bollocks.

If he posts even ONE MORE thing after that warning, he desperately needs to be hit by the FUKUMUP anti-dickhead device. He's had far too many chances as it is, and no matter what that should be officially the last. He's had more than he deserves already.

#14 Rawlo

Rawlo

Word Smith

• Project Team
  • 1,616 posts
  •  as it turns out, was never actually a convict, go figure.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 02:57 PM

I have to agree with most of the above, DAA or whatever he calls himself is a royal pain in the butt
The Least I Could Do - We all wished we were like this at one point
Ctrl+Alt+Del - A webcomic for the gamer in all of us
A final good night Burnie, sleep well mate, rest in peace
Goodbye Tig, you are sorely missed.
Goodbye to you aswell till, you'll also be missed

Xeno, RIP mate
"I'm going to go on the record and say that any substance abuse problem which creates women like that is ok by me"

#15 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 04:04 PM

I believe that humans can learn and improve themselves. He still might be a pain in the ass, however, he seems to have improved.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#16 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:28 PM

What posts are you reading Banshee? DAA/Yotta/whatever is still the same annoying prick he was before. He continues to ignore repeated warnings. For as much as he hates D-Day, he sure is really interested on what they're doing.
Ban the fucktard already. He's dried up his well of chances. Despite what you may think, humans do not change, only act like they have. He is no exception.

Edited by Beowulf, 27 May 2006 - 05:29 PM.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#17 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:31 PM

I believe that humans can learn and improve themselves. He still might be a pain in the ass, however, he seems to have improved.

The sheer fact that you continue to believe that after interacting with me over the past couple years, Well... Ignorance is bliss I suppose :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 06:05 PM

You are not the only human in the world, Koma. And some people take longer to envolve :).
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#19 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 07:39 PM

Actually, Koma, I feel you have bucked up your ideas a bit.

However Yotta has been the same annoying assbastard for the best part of two years. Old habits die hard.

#20 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 08:06 PM

He is now warned.

Hello Universal,

I've been receiving a lot of complaints about your posts on Team Revenge forums (specially D-Day). I understand that you have a lot of interest on Mig's mod, specially because it simulates World War II with some fantastic voxels and graphic quality and that you think that Mig is somewhat not enough informed, because you apparently have access to military classified data. Seeing your warnings (67%), you are close to be suspended if you continue this kind of post.

People linked some posts were you apparently behaved bad. To be honest with you, only one link annoyed me: HERE. That technically qualifies as flames, since Mig Eater was hurt, annoyed by your posts. Other posts were simply annoyances where you didn't read one of their basic rules: never discuss about a single unit in a single topic.

Trying to help people is nowhere considered to be a crime or against forum rules, but it's always important to measure your words and actions before posting. What is your objective when posting? Do you think that lowering him to a military ignorant will challenge him to be better or will make him respect you? Do you think that saying that you have access to military classified data instantaneously makes you the God of military knowledge? Don't you think that covering your arguments with links or facts from reliable sources would make people recognize more your knowledge and research about this subject, instead of lowering others? Even if the data is classified, most of the logic that can proove it is available to public.

And also, if you want to be properly respected and your posts properly understood, couldn't you read posts from others as well? You have to be the example, so you can get a better treatement from others.

I know you can be a much better person than that and I know humans can learn and adapt themselves to a new situation. Consider it a warning and, please, don't force me to make all your posts under moderation aproval. I hate doing this kind of thing, but that will happen if you continue to act in this way, on D-day forums.

Regards,

~ Banshee

Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users