Modded Reloaded

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_agaiz_*

Guest_agaiz_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:57 PM

Hi,

I really like your mod so I made some changes to improve balancing and stuff.
Ok, first if all, the LPSTs do not work as they should because SensorsSight= does not work on buildings. Giving GDI and Nod psychic abilities is pretty useless in my opinion. So if you just leave the LPST undeployed and give it Sensors=yes, SensorsSight=25 and maybe DetectDisguise=yes it's much more useful.

Also I've added gates for all sides - I just love gates :p Yuri's got a psychic barrier (basically a forcefield which dis- and reappears when opening and closing - my SHP doesn't look very good though), Allies and Soviets are using BobingAbout's gates and GDI/Nod their gates from TS, which of course look pretty crappy but I didn't find any better gates for them. However, I have an idea to make a gate similar to the laser fence which just got two emitters and opens by simply deactivating the lasers. I didn't get a chance to work on this yet. As for GDI I'm open for suggestions :)

Some visual stuff I changed: I replaced the MM2Mec voxel with a larger one (resized by MadHQ) because it really looked way too small. Same for the Carryall - a lot bigger now. Oh and the Mammoth MK2 has OmniCrusher=yes now that it's big enough to actually stomp on those tiny tanks :lol:
The commando cyborg's original plasma cannon has been restored - sorry I found that laser beam somewhat strange :p

Then I gave the GDI harvester a TSHoverMissileAA so it has an aerial defense while the Nod Harvester got Cloakable=yes - I think this is fair as all RA2 sides also have 'upgraded' harvesters (i.e. with guns or chrono).

I've added auto-click-repair like in Purple Alert - makes your life really easier :p (RepairSell=0)

Oh and in one of you PKT files is a MISSING" map which causes the game to crash with an IE when you click on it. I resolved it by just deleting all but reloaded.pkt - don't know which is the broken one...

By the way, why are you using so many mix files instead of just putting all into a XCC mod manager file? I know you got your own manager but it doesn't work on my computer - so I always have to cut all files from my RA2 directory. Well on the other hand it makes it easier to work on it. But for delivering it through the web you should really consider XCC because you won't have to put the whole audio.bag file in but just the files you added for the TS units.

Hope I could help improving Reloaded a little bit

agaiz

#2 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

I must warn you that I expect nobody in the community who reads this will take kindly to it. You must ALWAYS seek PRIOR consent before you go editing people's mods.

By all means post suggestions of what you think needs to be changed, and even possibly codes, but it's not really good form to go saying you've modded it for FS-21. I don't think he'd appreciate you modifying his hard work. It's his mod...help him with stuff if you want, but don't try and take over.

#3 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:20 AM

ditto

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#4 Guest_agaiz_*

Guest_agaiz_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:03 AM

Neither am I trying to take over or 'steal' his work nor am I publishing my results. I just played this mod with some friends via LAN and made some improvements to it which I thought would make valuable additions to the mod. So basically all I did is proposing FS-21 to use some of my modifications when he finds the time ... after all it's been almost a year since the last version.

What's the problem here, I mean I just tried this stuff out for myself (aka got working code and graphics) but didn't offer any download claiming it would be my work. I'm just trying to help here...

#5 Scorpion

Scorpion
  • Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:16 AM

Well then if that's the case then I think I can look forward 2 it? :p lol
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

Well a private PM or just suggestions is fine.

The gates issue has also been talked over like a million times before.

Also it may be a year because people are busy ....
Posted Image

#7 C&CBoy

C&CBoy
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:42 PM

I didn't found most of the upgrade usefull.
Except the MKII OmniCrusher and the gate for all side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users