#1 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  • Projects:Quite a Few
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:29 AM

Gidday guys its been a while since our last update as we have been working on getting a proper website up and running but heres a few shots just to keep ya intersted ;) Bear in mind its nothing major as im keeping the "big" update till we release public our new site. :p

These are our Dol Amroth units + barracks, unfortunately the skins dont look very blue :ohmy: so they will be re done :p but i think this shot shows all the amroth stuff and i think its nevertheless a good thing to show

Posted Image

This here is aragorn and faramir in all their various forms. Please note the most leftest guy is aragorn with a new skin by kingduku ;)

Posted Image

This has to be my favourite shot lol. He just looks soo cool ingame. However i wouldnt mind a cool special power for cirdan coz atm hes just using current ingame ones.

Posted Image

This here are the dwarven heros minus one (we still have yet to release the final hero) the smallest dwarf :p is balin and then is radagast and king brand

Posted Image

This shot here is all of Rohan's heros again minus 2 (theodred and elfhelm whom are waiting to be coded)
The dude on the left hand side is my err "interesting" looking erkenbrand.

Posted Image

here is a simple shot of the rohan infantry. The yeomen in the back are from bfme1 as are the elven warriors. The only new thing in that shot is the rohan axemen which were made by Feanor. We wil show a mount of them once it is percected (u dont want to see it right now trust me) and also of the royal guard (once we sort out the binding :p )

Posted Image

And that ends my mini update for today. Its a long weekend this weekend so hopefully should have some more stuff for you on monday (nz time). Just remember that none of this is anything special but atm we are just trying to get as much ingame as possbile

Edited by The Doctor, 02 June 2006 - 06:46 AM.

Dmain | I-Cold | earthWhois
Dmain Now offers .mobi extensions....why? Because we can :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#2 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  • Projects:Valarian mod studios, Kingdom of heaven mod co-leader
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:05 AM

holy shit......it looks good :p
'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

- Ammon Jerro, Court Warlock of Neverwinter, lord of Haven

#3 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 02 June 2006 - 07:27 AM

err thanks lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update: EAW Galaxy is almost ready for launch. We're currently in need of forum staff and content writers for the main site. Please PM or Email me ASAP.

BFME Fans if you think you have what it takes, bfmeworld.com would love to be built. I have neither the time, nor the motivation any longer...

#4 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 02 June 2006 - 09:50 AM

Cirdan looks like you've painted him a flat blue, then blobbed random lines on him with MS paint. His Palantir image is also incredibly squashed. Armoured Faramir is inaccurate. I'm assuming you meant the furthest right most skin with Aragorn as the first 2 just look like EA ones to me. In which case his breastplate apears to be slipping down his waist.

Brand is.. interesting.. apears to be wearing a red jumper with white and red flares.. Radagast also looks icnredibly flat.

So yes, I sound incredibly harsh, but I'm only commenting on what I see.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#5 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:18 AM

well it was docs first skin ever nearly so give him some slack, lol

also doc it looks as if you might have used the wrong texture for the sheild on the rohan warriors
I'll have alook at that later ok....... I have learnt alot since I was first modeling and skinning for you...
with some help from dain of course, I got A few things sorted out

lol I know I'm no good at binding mounted guys lol .....I don't hve enough Patients

Edited by Feanor, 02 June 2006 - 04:24 PM.

'I can harness the very energy within the walls of this place, and bind them too me, I can turn the air in your lungs to fire, and you....you are nothing more than leaves in a storm, did you really think you could face me here and survive'

#6 Argolis

Argolis

Big Crazy Modder.

• Project Team
  • 337 posts
  • Projects:The Wars of Arda
  •  The modding jack-of-all-trades

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:26 PM

Couple of points:

Brand, Radagast and the Cirdan portrait were NOT done by the Doctor. The Cirdan portrait, is of the only clear shot of him in the movie.

I made those....And they were my VERY first models. I dont like Radagasts skin much, but brands "red jumper" is actually leather, and the so called "flares" (they get called that a lot :p ) are actually part of his leather boots.

Also since I sent those to the doc, ive made some updates. The Yeoman archers now have their own model...beregond, theodred, and elfhelm are ingame, as is a new Rohan seige works.

And of the 3 Aragorn skins, only the Ranger Aragorn skin is EA's The other two are our own. And the Armoured Faramir looks good ingame.

And Doc, the new Dwarf isnt Balin....He was, but im using him for "Thorin III" King Dains son.

EDIT:
The Rohan Shields are because I forgot to put the texture file for the shield in teh .big. looks much better now.

Edited by Argolis, 02 June 2006 - 09:09 PM.

I do not kill with my hand.
He who kills with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.
-The Gunslingers Catechism
Posted Image
NEEDED: Modeller/skinner and 2D artist for Wars of Arda. PM me. Please.

#7 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:32 PM

mmm better idea..... for balin :p
so all my models work lol......great if you get them all ingame it will be ansome

Edited by Feanor, 02 June 2006 - 06:36 PM.

#8 Cobra

Cobra

The Renegade

• Banned
  • 1,048 posts
  •  Resident Kiwi

Posted 03 June 2006 - 09:34 AM

ok i've taken a few more shots along with the updated radagast (thanks valandil :rolleyes:) but the other stuff including elfhelm and theodred can wait till the trailer however i will leave you with this one image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Argolis

Argolis

Big Crazy Modder.

• Project Team
  • 337 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:43 AM

Additional Note....The yeomans and Elven Warriors in that screenshot, arent the final version ones. The new yeomans are ingame, and I have an Elven Guard model ready.

And I think the new radagast beats mine hands down.....I still like my King Brand though....
I kill with my heart.
Posted Image

#10 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

I like it its has something.... thats unusal....actuly I love it :rolleyes:

#11 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 10:50 PM

2Aragorn skins are yours? beacuse i think 2of them are already ingame :p
Whats up with erkenbrands sheild?.
And on the brand if think you should make the red(?) brown.

#12 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 04 June 2006 - 09:25 AM

well argolis made brand and I kind of like it....also we have just replaced the old aragorn models with my own ......that have realistic swords.....daggers ..scabards etc... :p

#13 Argolis

Argolis

Big Crazy Modder.

• Project Team
  • 337 posts

Posted 04 June 2006 - 10:09 AM

The Helms Deep Aragorn skin was already ingame (i think) although Valendil may have made some changes. The Black Gate Armour, and Coronation armour skins are new.

Were not using EA's black gate armour skin.

And the Red on King Brand is Leather. Zoom in close enough and youll see, ditto the "flares".
I kill with my heart.
Posted Image

#14 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:45 PM

Well it doesn't look like leather. It looks like a red sweater and some trousers Elvis would favour.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#15 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 04 June 2006 - 04:06 PM

red sweater :p well dain thats a very interresting point of view but I think it looks abstract and interresting :dry:

#16 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:17 PM

I wasn't aware the design was supposed to be "abstract and interesting" I thought it was meant to be Brand. However if it's meant to be abstract and interesting then that is of no consequence.

#17 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 04 June 2006 - 05:29 PM

Bard and Cirdan do indeed look "interesting", but I wouldn't say that this sort of interesting is really a good thing in an LOTR mod. Good first tries and all, but they need a bit more work.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#18 Feanor

Feanor

Knight of Heaven

• Project Team
  • 582 posts
  •  Modeller & skinner

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

yep thats what I thought :blush:

#19 Argolis

Argolis

Big Crazy Modder.

• Project Team
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:38 PM

I wasn't aware the design was supposed to be "abstract and interesting" I thought it was meant to be Brand. However if it's meant to be abstract and interesting then that is of no consequence.

Although im replying to a very old post here...

Cirdans been completely replaced.

And I still defend Brands Design. It just doesnt look good in that screenshot. IN fact, none of my older screenshots look good....they blurred horribly, as back then I saved them in paint...and it doesnt treat jpegs well.

Hes Wearing Leather Trousers, Leather Boots, Chainmail Tunic, With a Red Leather Cover (cause i cant think of a better word) over it. The "cover" will probably get some kind of insignia eventually.

Edited by Argolis, 02 July 2006 - 09:39 PM.

I kill with my heart.
Posted Image

#20 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:45 PM

If more then 1 guy can't recognize your ''leather'' it means that it's no good..

No fuel left for the pilgrims

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users