• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 09:25 PM

ok I would like to get some ideas on GLA super units...as the default one right now is the Nuke Truck, I would like to have some different super units for certian Generals, maby some sorta super Chemical thing for Thrax and whatnot.....

#2 suppy

suppy
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:06 PM

How about a massive airship (like the kirov from ra2) but with 2 cannons on the side and it can transport up to ten infantry. Of course it should be able to drop bombs as well and should have tough armour.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2004 - 04:55 PM

coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
idea but no infan but a aircarht carrier they fly up to it not build on it :) :drool:

#4 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:05 AM

GLA people think low tech but effective......

#5 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:04 PM

problem #1 any object in Generals that can create units cannot move and has to be a stationary building.....the rest is possible have like a large vehicle that launches a rocket out of the top and has upgrades that you can buy with it, and even better you can deploy it into a full fledged building if you want to and than undeploy it ^_^:)

but that is something that would be for a later version not now as I have enough to get done for v5.0

now I really need to think of something for Thrax, he has no superunit atm besides the default nuke truck....so hmmm (first off NO triple barrel toxin tanks or anything be more creative :))

#6 generic_human

generic_human
  • New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, I kinda figured the unit production part wouldnt work, I just threw it out there as an idea.

What about a some sort of ICBM launcher with a toxin warhead? Or something like the Nuke Truck, but it'd explode and leave toxins instead of radiation?

#7 Guest_The Pain_*

Guest_The Pain_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:43 AM

Well how about this. Give the dirty bomb to thrax since it fits him more then the BLack market general and Give the BMG something like "Market drop" have like 3 shitty cargo planes fly over a target drop zone and drop some tanks/infantry on the position. Kinda like what the chinese tank general can do but with much more units.

#8 The Pain

The Pain
  • New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Projects:Energy Mod

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:52 AM

*actually registers and fixes up his profiles*

#9 generic_human

generic_human
  • New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 05:09 AM

What about something like the super gun that Gerald Bull was designing for Iraq back in the 80's, except make it mobile? Itd be a massive self-propelled artillery cannon that could fire a high-explosive toxin shell over great distances, so that it would create a shockwave when it detontated, along with spreading toxins. This way it would be able to damage buildings as well as units

#10 Jens

Jens
  • New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 09:01 AM

that woud look like an nuke cannon that shoots an toxin shell instead of an nuke shell

#11 phyco1942

phyco1942
  • New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

nlln what about modafying jarmin kell like the demo genrals one but with a antrax bomb whitch he can plant on units and buldings (timed) and when it goes off it dose little damage to buldings but kills men and tanks in the area. you cold also replace the booby trap on the reables to a booby trap that uses toxins insted of explosivs nlln

#12 suppy

suppy
  • New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:15 PM

when i said airship i didn't mean like all sleek and all. i mean a rusty piece of crap with a a bunch of girders stickin out. still is tough because its massive but still u cant say an airship (which r hardly used now) is "hi tech" and yes its effective

#13 generic_human

generic_human
  • New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 04:51 PM

that woud look like an nuke cannon that shoots an toxin shell instead of an nuke shell

not necessarily, you could make a new model for it...

that airship idea is pretty cool, I think itd work better as a regualr unit tho...

#14 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:01 PM

OH I GOT ONE THAT IS GOOD AND I MAY USE

for Thrax have a single person manned buggy or something along those lines and has a biological weapon that contaminates an area permanantly (not even the ambulence can clean it up) the area wont be huge but it would make a area of the map unacsessable to anyone unless they want to die :) I guess that is a great idea for a suicide super unit

#15 generic_human

generic_human
  • New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:07 PM

so itd blow up, then contaminate the area?

#16 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 11:09 PM

yes and the contamination would stay forever and never fade away, so that area of the map would become "dead"

#17 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 01:02 AM

hell yea, makes them that much more deadly (plus the area of effect wont be very large)

#18 generic_human

generic_human
  • New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 03:15 AM

hmm, yeah, I see what your sayin now. This sounds like an awsome idea, I hope you decide to use that one.

#19 Lt.Zack

Lt.Zack

title available

• Hosted
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:23 AM

oh I will, dicussion closed we have a super unit for thrax!!!

#20 Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*

Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

How about Toxic artillirary? A massive beomoth that that is armed with four toxic missile launchers that can fire vast distances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users