#1 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:36 PM

As of late I have noticed people saying they did something first, or someone stole something, (i.e. my slayer tank and Hunter's reaper tank). Sure I'll admit I have based some of my models on his in the past, but I never stole a model, I always put my time into making it on my own, never actually taking his model and altering it, proof is in the poly counts, I go for more detailed models then skins, while he goes for moderately detailed models and high detailed skins. People the selfishness needs to stop in the real world ideas are similar if there are to home building companies, that both produce a very similar house and they take eachother to court because they think the other stole their design we would all still be in caves. I have been away from the community moding EAW and so I hadn't seen any updates by Hunter or any other mod for that matter, I had only visited my site to keep tabs on what was going on in the forums, and I couldn't even do that, but I'm over that little incident. There is no doubt that the two models look similar yes, and I will say this again the rear Housecolor is just a place holder nothing more ingame it isn't even there, that's where the upgrade will be going. It's understandable that Hunter doesn't like this happening, neither do I which is why I stopped doing it without asking, if it happens I am sorry, but never was it my intention to steal anything, nor model something similar, I just modeled what I thought looked best, ShW minions you are welcome to your opinions, but don't bash PR because you feel that I stole what was mine to begin with. Even if Hunter threw my altered version away the design is still based roughly around that model, whether he admits it or not, so it's still copying, but I can't complain since I gave him the original model in the first place. We each have a version of the tank, his a more recent version, mine several months older, I just hadn't gotten around to skinning it. After I got back into CNC I thought what the hell I might as well skin this baby, and show her off in the next update, which is what I did only to be acused. Which stops now, selfishness leads to anger which leads to hate, the bickering between PR and ShW needs to stop, they are two similar mods which are also completely different, each with it's own style. Even the replicas of his models that I did in the past are different, while my Advanced Gatling Cannon looks similar with two extra barrels and some barbed wire it's for the infantry general, while his AP Gatling cannon has 4 barrels per rotary mount and his is for the tank gen. None of my units are exactly the same, they are all different.
So I ask to please just stop the bickering. I rarely even visit places that show your updates so how can I copy stuff that I havn't seen before, if you can find an answer to that then enlighten me.

Vanguard out...
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#2 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

well nice little speech vg you make hunter sound like a complete basterd
Posted Image

#3 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 08 June 2006 - 04:57 PM

Karl, you're saying of crap like that ain't gonna help the situation. :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#4 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:23 PM

I in no way intended it to sound that way. You see I want to say that if one mod team says that another stole something their fan base will attack the other mod and it's fan base, which then starts a war over something as asinine as a few similarities, I'm about to talk to Hunter on MSN to work this out, so lets hope it goes good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#5 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:50 PM

Whoa Vg that was an amazing speech man very insprational :p .
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#6 Delta24US

Delta24US

The Japanese are attacking

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:42 PM

That was truly inspiring, great speech Vanguard :thumbsup:

Vanguard, if you are condemned of stealing ideas when you were not, your PR fan base will be prepared for combat :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
"Jesus didn't resurrect. He respawned."

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#7 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:45 PM

VG, I know what you're talking about. Good speech, man. I hope the talk with Hunter is positive.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#8 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:41 PM

He was, he just didn't like that the back was similar, :lol:, that's all, so I will probably alter the look of the back slightly, although the four boxes will stay, the HC's probably will be altered to my tastes.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#9 prophet of the pimps

prophet of the pimps

Leader of the Shockwave Minions

• Project Team
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:05 PM

This from a guy who cant even spell bastard. XD
The Intelligence level really shines through. :lol:
"I wanted to be a neo-deconstructivist but Mom wouldn't let me"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Delta24US

Delta24US

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:19 AM

umm both remarks were a tad bit off color but who's arguin?
The fact that he can't spell right on the keyboard has nothing to do with his inteligence level, only the speed which he types usually causes the prob.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals."

#11 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 10 June 2006 - 04:33 AM

Indeed, but then again, I don't always spell right. That can't be helped, I sometimes don't pay attention which is the cause, but I do use proper sentence structure most of the time, or atleast try to conform to it.

BTW Karl please tell me you atleast know what a "Bastard" is, BTW, I'll know if you use a definition from a dictionary since it will have proper structure and spelling :p. So tell me in your words what you think a "Bastard" is.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#12 Indigo

Indigo

Firestarter

• Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:55 AM

Greed rules the world of men.

...is the reason why Soviet Union collapsed! :p

#13 prophet of the pimps

prophet of the pimps

Leader of the Shockwave Minions

• Project Team
  • 368 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

it collapsed because of excessive funding of the military and not greed. XD
"I wanted to be a neo-deconstructivist but Mom wouldn't let me"
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 The_Hunter

The_Hunter

Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

• Hosted
  • 849 posts
  • Projects:SWR Productions

Posted 10 June 2006 - 08:08 AM

many people get me wrong i don't mind people using a simmulair model or units as one of my own but i do hate it when they do that when it's based or a very close replica of one of my own designed model/concepts seeing i take my time thinking of these designs and it's not a easy job to do that it takes time and patience to do this.

and now for a couple of facts

if Hunter threw my altered version away the design is still based roughly around that model, whether he admits it or not, so it's still copying, but I can't complain since I gave him the original model in the first place.

http://forums.revora...wtopic=2235&hl=

weather you like it or not the reaper is from ICE so nothing of it remains from your original model or design.
the image in that thread may not be working anymore but you should recall what it was.

futher more i do not seek any flame war to those who may think that i just want to protect my own work which i put so much time and love into.

Edited by The_Hunter, 10 June 2006 - 08:12 AM.

swr_sig.png

#15 Delta24US

Delta24US

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 12:52 PM

Well, from a third person view, I see two people fighting over who created the model and is condemning the other person for "stealing" their work.

I have a solution:

Why don't we all just stop bickering and just put the respectful unit into their respectful mods? After all, both of you have worked on your own models and just happened to have a similar model!

One more thing,

Why are we wasting valuable time arguing over the stupidest matter and not working on the mod? I mean it's the whole mod that counts, not just one measly unit. I am seriously getting tired of waiting for the mod to come out....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:47 PM

Well, from a third person view, I see two people fighting over who created the model and is condemning the other person for "stealing" their work.

I have a solution:

Why don't we all just stop bickering and just put the respectful unit into their respectful mods? After all, both of you have worked on your own models and just happened to have a similar model!

One more thing,

Why are we wasting valuable time arguing over the stupidest matter and not working on the mod? I mean it's the whole mod that counts, not just one measly unit. I am seriously getting tired of waiting for the mod to come out....

What he said :shiftee:

Except one thing.

... I am seriously getting tired of waiting for the mod to come out....

Vangaurd is working as fast as he can under the circumstances of his regular life. He has his work, his family to deal with, an EAW mod in progress, his social life, his unwind time, and whatever else he does and has to worry about that he hasn't mentioned to us to boot. So, if it's going to take a little bit more time for 8.0, so be it. Remember, we all have lives outside this mod. Just some more than others. :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#17 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 10 June 2006 - 10:53 PM

:shiftee:, ok then Hunter, but then again my design was based off something else forgot what, so I guess I am wrong about that, but still, it in no way was ment to be insulting. As for getting tired, I am releasing the most bug free version I can, which means it will take time, just be patient.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#18 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:56 AM

Guys, this wasn't a joke. Vanguard was beeing serious. I bet it is pretty fucking annoying hereing people bitch that all your work that you pur into something was stolen from somebody else. Project Raptor is it's own modification and does not rely on stealing ideas from other mods. we're better than that. Come on.

#19 Delta24US

Delta24US

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:23 AM

exactly, as if he had nothing better to do than to steal other ppls ideas.
PR is famous for its innovation in ZH and I think even if vangaurd was forced to remove that unit from the game the mod will still retain its lust and glory. Die hard PR fan for life!!!

@Vanguard: Dont worry, I can wait for the mod :) I was just merely getting my point across back there!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users