Big Crazy Idea

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Aviator13516

Aviator13516
  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:27 AM

I just thought of an idea,I can't tell if it's crazy or brilliant. I know that the three military groups have the same amount of generals,but hey the militia doesn't. So I thought it wouldn't hurt to add another one. Anyways how about adding a Fire General for the chinese. here's the description,the Fire General starts out with black napalm and can be upgraded to a whitesh flame color,maybe call it white napalm (change the name if you like) and it does 25% more damage than black napalm. Another one would be that the dragon tank would look diffrent (of course). The nuclear missle would be changed to the inferno missle. With the white napalm upgrade it would take 4 instead of 8 inferno cannons or mig missles to cause a napalm strike. Replace the gattling cannon with a flame defense structure. Some of the generals ability would be fire related. And finally most of the units would use fire like the overlord. These are my ideas tell if they are crazy or really good. Tell me which ideas are good or need to be changed or add some more if you like. I know these modifications would be big and take a while,but hey it would be cool right?

#2 ChineseICman

ChineseICman
  • Project Team
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:Alien Crisis mapper/unit finder (thats me) The Korean War 2 Mod (only in planning)
  •  The Chinese connection to a world of aliens....ALIEN CRISIS

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:51 AM

Chough*theif*chough. Where you find a Fire general. Oh you found it in another mod. You just thought since raptor isn't think of adding any more generals that you would come and try to get them to add a Flame general. Thats been done in to many mods. So please Raptor team ignore this fools plea.

#3 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  • Projects:00 Nobody Maps
  •  Mapper and Founder of 00 Nobody Maps

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:32 AM

That would work, but there would be no computer AI for it. You're new, so I'm not surprised you don't know this but...

In ZH, EA Games made it so there were 14 or 15 slots for factions and generals, and here's the list, divided into sides:

1 Civilian

2 USA
3 USA Laser
4 USA Superweapon
5 USA Airforce

6 China
7 China Tank
8 China Nuke
9 China Infantry

10 Boss

11 GLA
12 GLA Demo
13 GLA Toxin
14 GLA Stealth

15 Militia

As you can see, we're booked full.
00 Nobody Maps and Missions
Desert Legends RPG C&C's ONLY
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Operation: The Dragon's Den
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#4 Aviator13516

Aviator13516
  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:02 AM

First of all I had no idea that there was a mod for this it just came to me all of a sudden therefore I didn't steal it. I got the idea from the toxin general which was a improved GLA toxin version so I looked back at china using some fire weapons and thought,why not have a fire general. plus this was only a suggestion not a plea.

#5 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:55 AM

Yes, but did you hear what 00_Nobody said. It can't be done without removing other generals first, otherwise the new generals you put in will not have an AI. Meaning that whenever you go to play against the new general, he will just sit there and never build anything or move anywhere.

So, while you initial idea might be nice, it's just not going to happen.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#6 Aviator13516

Aviator13516
  • New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:32 PM

Yeah I heard what he said. So this means that there will be no future generals huh?bummer. I kind of figured this would not be moded but I just wanted to try anyways. But what about the militia I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I heard that in challenge mood,facing the super weapons that there is no other way to attack her than the federal ambush and plus they don't even have a super weapon. Surley the militia is going to be moded into something better right?

#7 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:08 PM

Of course it will. The Militia faction was released in one of the first releases of PR, and was and still is a work in progress. In other words, they'll always be getting new stuff until they have everything that a full faction would have (except generals). VG simply went for the important parts of the Militia first (Command Center, War Factory...), and is working his way up the ladder. In 8.0 you will be seing their superwweapon, it kinda looks like a giant factory with a giant smokestack, which some of us beleive is a cannon. However, this was shown to us in 2005, and probably has changed by now, so I can't promise anything.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx
Construct additional pylons. No, seriously. The power's out. Those power lines are overloaded. WE NEED MOAR PYLONS!

#8 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:32 PM

Actually it's like this:

0 Neutral - Can't change needs to be their for rain and stuff.

1 Civilian

2 America
3 Airforce General
4 Laser General
5 Superweapon General

6 China
7 Infantry General
8 Nuke General
9 Tank General

10 GLA
11 Demo General
12 Stealth General
13 Toxin General

14 Militia

I would change the civilian folder, but I need that for other things. So adding new sides is out of the question unless you want to use the random sides and end up with an AI player that does nothing at all. In which case PR would begin to suck then, because a lot of people use the Random option.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#9 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:56 PM

Well, I was pretty close... :(
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#10 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, just the Boss general has no AI :lol:.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#11 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:54 PM

:lol: then how come it works in gen challage?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#12 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:43 PM

:lol: then how come it works in gen challage?

becasue its scripted into the map not like the normal ai whihc is done with way points
Posted Image

#13 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 08:56 PM

Well that answers my question.

Now for another if there were more slots and u could make the milita have generals then wat would they be?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#14 00 Nobody

00 Nobody

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 12:30 AM

Striker Gen
All vehicles deal 15% extra damage and go 15% faster, but all vehicles lose 20% armor.

Overwhelmer Gen
Every unit is built 10% faster and 10% cheaper, but deal 10% less damage.

Cannon Gen
Relies on heavy weaponry more. Cannons (tank, artillery, any kind) deals 10% more damage but all of the units affected by this are 5% slower and 5% more expensive, and infantry lose 20% damage.
Desert Doorway Defenders
Desert Corps.
BattleTanx

#15 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 14 June 2006 - 05:37 PM

No it doesn't, the normal AI is scripted into a file, but no map, .scb files are Generals scripts. which is read on each map that has the sides entered into it with no AI present in each sides folder, but since the Boss generals map has only her folder, the civilian folder, and the neutral folder and none of the other sides folders, her AI is on that map and no other map since for her map and the other generals challenge maps they use a local script system, not one from the scripts folder.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#16 Jsmooth13

Jsmooth13

title available

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 06:45 PM

@ Chinese.

That's a load of bull ****. Don't get we f****** pissed off and in this argument again. i had already introduced an idea like this before, He'd be called the Napalm General. Just because another mod has it doesn't mean that that's where the idea was stolen from. First of all, I've only played PR and so calling that idea if I had introduced (which I did a while a go) a steal is completly inncorrect and bitchy.

So why don'y you do us all a favor and Shut the f*** up. No one cares if you think we're stealing stuff from other mods, cause we don't and everyone who plays PR knows how much work is put into it. ... [Edited]
Damn.

Edited by Bob, 15 June 2006 - 12:56 AM.

#17 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 08:14 PM

;) :p ;) :cool: :huh: Oh smooth :lol: ^_^ :p :) :)

Anyone else have an idea for Milita gens if there were more slots?

Edited by Forgotten_Soul, 14 June 2006 - 08:15 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

#18 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:13 AM

Anyone else have an idea for Milita gens if there were more slots?

Yes, but bear with me on this one. This requires a bit of a setup:

'The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the official civilian auxiliary of the United States Air Force (USAF). It was created on 1 December 1941 (just days before the attack on Pearl Harbor), and is credited with sinking at least two German U-boats during World War II. Today, CAP is no longer called on to destroy submarines, but is instead a benevolent entity dedicated to education and national service. It is a volunteer organization with a strongly aviation-minded membership that includes people from all backgrounds and walks of life. It performs three key missions: emergency services (including search and rescue), aerospace education for youth and the general public, and cadet programs.

During World War II, the Civil Air Patrol was seen as a way to actively use America's civil aviation resources to aid the war effort instead of grounding them (as was the case in the United Kingdom). The organization eagerly assumed many missions, including anti-submarine patrol and warfare, border patrols, and courier services. Despite being a volunteer force that was largely untrained in combat and military science, the organization's performance far exceeded expectations.

After the end of World War II, the Civil Air Patrol became a civilian auxiliary of the United States Air Force. The incorporation charter declared that CAP would never again be involved in direct combat activities, but would instead be of benevolent nature. CAP still actively performs search and rescue missions within the United States. The September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center demonstrated the importance of the Civil Air Patrol, as it was this organization's aircraft that flew blood to victims of the attack; they also provided the first aerial pictures of the World Trade Center site.'

Source of info above:
http://en.wikipedia....ivil_Air_Patrol

Civil Air Patrol Homepage at:
http://www.cap.gov/

(A note for anyone who might be interested - My brother and his wife served in CAP during high school here in the U.S. and again over in Germany while my younger brother was in the Air Force.)

-----------------

Anyway, back to the idea. I know this has been decided by VG before, about how the GLA and Militia will not get an Air force. And how he doesn't want to hear it anymore. But in this case remember, we are now talking hypothetically about militia general 'if there were more slots'. Which we know isn't going to happen. Therefore, speaking hypothetically here, I'm going to bring up the idea of an Militia Air force General, very loosely based on the Civil Air Patrol.

The storyline would be that this branch of the civilian militia, was and is trained by the air force from the government of the country of origin to provide scouting, localized defense, and medical aid to the forces that fight against the GLA tyranny.

The Militia Air Force General would have similar characteristics to the U.S, Air force general in the game, such as Having aircraft and infantry but no super duper tanks or anything to speak of. They would have an infantry ability to build light bunkers in the exact same way the U.S. Air force general has in the game as well as fire-bases that look like the original U.S. in ZH. (I mean any dumba** country, and militia, can layout sandbags and plant an old WWII howitzer in the center of it. lol)

As for what exactly what goes into the light bunker (soldier wise), what units, structures, and aircraft this general should have, and what type of super weapons he should have. I'll leave that up for open discussion. It will be interesting to hear your ideas on this general.

But please don't forget to suggest additional generals, like the original post from Forgotten_Soul had requested.

And I will say this again... This is an interesting hypothetical discussion here. Don't expect to see any of this actually happening in PR. Who knows, maybe this might lead to providing some inspiration for VG for new units for the regular Militia General's side. Anythings possible.

So fire away ladies and gentlemen!

Edited by Bob, 15 June 2006 - 02:20 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#19 ChineseICman

ChineseICman
  • Project Team
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:Alien Crisis mapper/unit finder (thats me) The Korean War 2 Mod (only in planning)
  •  The Chinese connection to a world of aliens....ALIEN CRISIS

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

What??? I was just saying that all the things he said was off another mod. I never said anything about stealing from other mods. Just flame general has been over used. The fire general would also be a fourth wheel which is not needed for the Chinese becuase then USA and GLA would get a fourth wheel. So don't get all pissed off at me over something as stupid as one comment.

#20 Mr.kanga

Mr.kanga

Just Kanga

• Project Team
  • 214 posts
  • Projects:V|GO Beta Tester

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:03 PM

Yes but you did Flame him pretty bad. Calling him a fool was just going way to far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users