proper php & mysql coding?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice
  • New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:03 PM

Sometimes when I code and have plenty of mysql queries and cluttered with code the pages load weird.. not always, most of the times it loads ok, but then occasionally(sp?) it loads weird and tables break off, the code stops, then continues..

How come it can be this way? How to avoid it?

Anyone get what I mean? :)

#2 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:34 AM

It's a server load issue. If you have lots of stuff going on it can slow down the server, and cause things to look weird. It can also happen if the server is very busy at that moment.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

#3 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:57 AM

Best example is the 'Search' too of this forum. It has to read loads of MySQL really quickly, but it can't, so it gets messed.

#4 ice

ice
  • New Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:59 AM

hmm, I run apache on my computer, and so far I have most of the php things on my computer.. So maybe time for a new apache update? :)

I used to run a site, a database, and sometimes the page where you uploaded your stuff looked weird.. Then when you reloaded it looked ok ^_^.

Maybe its server slowdowns, but when I run it on my own computer through apache?

#5 Mastermind

Mastermind

Server Technician

• Undead
  • 7,014 posts
  • Projects:MasterNews 3
  •  The Man Behind the Curtain

Posted 09 June 2004 - 03:59 PM

That can happen I'm sure, if you have lots of other things going at the same time. I never noticed it on my PC, but I was exclusively running those things.
:)
Posted Image

Well, when it comes to writing an expository essay about counter-insurgent tactics, I'm of the old school. First you tell them how you're going to kill them. Then you kill them. Then you tell them how you just killed them.

Too cute! | Server Status: If you can read this, it's up |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users