23 replies to this topic

#1 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts
  •  Ex Cameo Maker and Modder

Posted 21 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

As dawn started to break over the hills there was quite over move of the farmland and enclave. Only the odd jedi could be seen wandering around the courtyard and a couple of engineers were finishing off some late night maintenance on Master Obrens newly arrived shuttle. The majority of the inhabitance were asleep, that was all but Xethora who has been in the training room for most of the early morning.

Over the past few night Xe had found it hard to get a good nights sleep, especially since her achievment of Padawan status. She seemed to feel that it meant she had to train to a point of almost total exhaustion. Plus the comment by Master Vrooke about her being uncontolled and erratic had hit her hard. So as a result she took it upon herself to try and excel at all she did, especailly in the areas of Sabre Training. However Xe had chosen one of the more difficult sabre types to master, the Dual-Blade sabre had been known for being a very effective but extreamly long and tiresome weapon to master correctly. But this didn't sway Xe.

During her time in the training room Xe had attempted to improve her blaster deflection accuracy with limited success, but she just couldn't master it properly.
Posted Image

#2 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:09 AM

((OOC: I'll take Zhar :) ))

"Clear your mind of doubt," Master Zhar watched. His blue skin looked serenely cool in the shadow of the training room. His sombre voice was equally calm and serene

"You are fast. You are capable. Let the Force tell you where the blasts are going."

He smiled. This Padawan had potential, yet she held herself back with doubt, it seemed to him. Only she could unlock her potential. It was the pain of any master with their apprentice; the master could only show and tell. They could not do.

#3 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

Xe tried to follow Zhar's teachings but frustration always got the better of her. In a fit of rage Xe threw her lightsabre on the ground and sat down.

"I can't do it! Its impossible." Xe shouted in anger.
Posted Image

#4 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:37 AM

Zhar sighed and closed his eyes.

"It is impossible, only in your mind, my young Padawan."

He stepped forward slowly and deliberately, picking her saber up and igniting it. The remote fired bolt, and with deft and obvious skill, Zhar sent them off in wild directions.

He sheathed the saber once again.

"You have the Force as an ally. Become passive, like water, let the Force flow, and let it guide your hand."

He handed out the hilt of her lightsaber to her.

"Come. Try again. All things come with practice, young one."

#5 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:48 AM

Xe took the Sabre from Zhar and took up her defencive stance, focusing on the remote. Slowly she closed her eyes, ignited the sabre and tried to antisipate the remotes movements, feeling it through the force.

The Remote fires.

Xe Deflects.

The Remote fires two more shots at different angles, and Xe successfully deflects both of them. The remote repositioned itself and a second appeared out of the dispencer. Both fire two random shots of which Xe blocks and swings the sabre and slices through both remotes in one blow, ending the training.

Xe opened her eyes in surprise and an expression of achievement and happiness came across her face.

"I did it, i can't believe i finally did it. But how?"

Edited by Xeno, 21 June 2006 - 11:48 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

"You see? You can do it. The Force can tell you where your hands and your blade needs to be, if you listen to it. Be sure to maintain your calm, though."

He walked over and examined the scrapped remotes. "Aggression gives you strength, but it makes you vulnerable to...other paths. You will spar with me, young Padawan?"

#7 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:00 AM

Xe looked at Master Zhar in bemusement and said "But Master i am not ready. You have had years of experience and im... well... just a Padawan. How will i have any hope against you?"
Posted Image

#8 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:10 AM

Zhar just laughed at Xethora with a kindly expression. "What does one learn from fighting someone of inferior skill? I'm not here to defeat you, young one. I'm here to train you. To make you one day a Jedi Knight. You won't achieve that by playing in the proverbial sandbox. Come. Let's see what you can do."

Zhar drew his lightsaber hilt from the belt of his robes. It was a short lightsaber, its blade as blue as his skin. He held it in his left hand, with his other palm touching his fingertips, his elbow pointing towards Xethora. From this position, his first strike would be fairly predictable, as would any defence he made.

"Confidence and control, Xe. You would have the latter completely, were it not for the fact you lack the former."

#9 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:19 AM

With Zhar's wisdom running through her head, Xe ties back her hair, ignites her sabre and takes her chosen stance, which is one of the basic defencive postions they teach Padawans. Holding the sabre close to herself Xe observes Zhars stance and attempts to anticipate what his next move will be.

After about 2 minutes of stareing at Zhar Xe starts to get impatient and lunges at Zhar's left side.

Edited by Xeno, 22 June 2006 - 11:19 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:25 AM

Zhar quickly lowered his saber and caught the low blow. Of course, Xe had a second blade, giving her a weapon advantage if nothing else. As she brought the second one in, he brought his sword across his chest and caught that one.

Quick blows were exchanged, all of the deftly blocked and parried by the Jedi Master.

"Good. You needn't have waited so long to attack, though there are indeed situations when it is best not to make the first move."

He began to make quick swings, changing the pace of the battle, soon getting on the offensive. He saw she was concentrating hard on where his saber was, and so was highly defensive.
"Your eyes can deceive you, Padawan. Don't trust them. Let the Force guide your hand. Close your eyes."

#11 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:30 AM

Xe swings her sabre high and then brings the 2nd blade down low, spinning around to strike with a down blow. However Zhar blocked the top strike with presition and speed, jumps over the low swin and blocks the final strike while getting down on one knee.

Xe moves back and prepares for Zhar's next move.
Posted Image

#12 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:37 AM

Zhar didn't let her make the first move this time. He spun his saber around in his hand as he moved forward, swinging first at her right side, before spinning his own body around 180degrees, striking towards her right side.

She responded with a series of quick blows that impressed Zhar, but he knew that she was still doubting her own capability.

He locked sabers with her, drawing close.

"Come on! Stop trying to hit me, and hit me!" He did enjoy teaching pupils. Jedi did not have passions, but if they did, teaching others would be Zhar's, to be sure.

The sparring continued. Blows, parries and blocks became faster.

#13 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:46 AM

Feeling somewhat frustrated with the lack of success Xe increases her speed and striking. After several more sabre blows Xe rolls to Zhars side takes a swing which is, yet again, blocked. She then does a back roll and does a circular spin of the blades toward Zhar. At this point the spar is getting really intense.
Posted Image

#14 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:50 AM

But at that point, Zhar holds out his hand and calls it off. The last thing either of them need would be to hurt the other.

"Enough."

He switches his saber off.

"You see? You do have skill with your lightsaber. More so than you yourself care to admit, Xethora. Perhaps what I have in store for you now will help steel your nerves and banish the doubt."

#15 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 11:54 AM

Xe turns off her sabre and falls to her knees panting. The Spar had taken more out of her then she first thought it would.

"Yes Master" pants Xe

"What do you mean "what you have instore for me?"" Xe suddenly realises
Posted Image

#16 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:13 PM

"I believe it is time for you to face your third and final trial. It is said that there is no test better than an acid test. I hope to give you, and that theory, an acid test."
He smirked at the riddlish tome.
"There is a mission being lined up for two Jedi to Taris. There have been reports of criminal activity, and the Jedi Council has agreed to send two Force-sensitives who may be able to help."

Sensing the worry that such an important mission must have brought to Xethora, he smiled in a fatherly manner.

"Do not worry yourself. With you will be a very powerful and well-reknowned Jedi Knight. Bastila Shan. She practices a dual-bladed lightsaber too, and so she may show you a trick or two."
He winked.
"Between the two of you, I'm sure you will be able to put a stop to the crime that infects that beautiful planet. This will test you better than any trial I can construct for you here on Dantooine."
At just that time, he saw the young orange-clad Jedi walk in.
"Ah, Bastila. Speak of the devil. Meet your companion for the mission to Taris. Xethura, this is Bastila."

#17 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 22 June 2006 - 12:42 PM

As Bastila walked in the room, she noticed Master Zhar and a Padawan. She sensed the Force in the Padawan, however it would require some training to make use of it fully.

"Pleased to meet you, Xethura" Bastila said. She didn't give her a hand, but instead turned to Master Zhar. "I suggest we leave soon, once Xethura is ready."

#18 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:04 PM

((OOC: Hope you don't mind, but I've changed 'Telos' to 'Taris'. There's plenty more opportunity for crime to have happened there...plus Telos has tons happening...and it's going to become glass pretty soon :blink: Of course, people can still RP on Telos, just make sure that you OOC that it happened before Telos gets glassed :cool: ))

#19 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:06 PM

((OOC: That's allright. Didn't know it'd get glassed though :S. But I'll take your word for it :blink:)).

#20 Shine On

Shine On

Resident Photographer

• Hosted
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 08:54 AM

With Bastilas rude manor, Xe just looked her up and down, and then said:
"Well i only have a few things to take with me, but might i ask as to how we are going to get to Taris?"
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users