• Please log in to reply
1340 replies to this topic

#121 AOWR-Theoo Stratiotes

AOWR-Theoo Stratiotes
  • Members
  • 189 posts
  • Projects:Personal, unanounced MODs I might try to release

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:30 AM

My dad's are the only ramblings I've heard from pastors that are insane.
Into the fires of Orodruin,
The One must be cast
This is the price that must be paid,
Only thus its power will be undone
Only thus, a great evil, unmade

There is no other choice.
There is no other way.
One of you must take it,
One of you must pay.

Mi naurath Orodruin
Boe hedi i vin
Han i vengad i moe ben bango
Sin eriol natha tur in ugarnen
Sin eriol um beleg ugannen

U cilith 'war.
U men 'war.
Boe min mebi,
Boe min bango.

#122 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:31 AM

I have many answers to tie theology and science together, go fetch your pastor, I have many proclomations for him. I've brewed on the science vs religion for decades. So I'm ready for a general discussion.

Name the time and place, and we'll discuss how science reinforces religion which reinforces science. I'm ready to teach a few people a few things to make them ponder.

IF you take science and try to prove religion wrong, you'll come to a point of chaos. But if you take religion and try to back it with science you'll find some things like the "Firmament" are totaly scientifically provable.

For example check this high level scientist. Carl Baugh, I've read his words along the way for some time, agree with most of it. But like many people I'm sure you would throw his book across the room as quickly as Christians would throw The Davinci Code across the room.

So in the end I've found by reading both sides of the story, I've gained alot of insite. While many of you all are either blindly Christian, or blindly athiest.

In summary, I believe in God, not corrupted by man's words or actions, and I'm not athiest based on the idea that there simply is no God. The sheer logic of the human essence knows theres a God.

You can be a scientist who logically rules out God. You can be a religious person who rules out the obvious science. But if you all were able to entertain the thoughts of keeping an open mind and trying to view each side...

I believe you'l find you are asking the same questions and getting the same answers...

#123 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:50 AM

Which is hardly unique. It just has to do with subtle percentages and genetic transcription factors... so basically your genes determine predisposition to emotions. It's who raises you, and external influences, which make you susceptible to the maniacal ramblings of preachers.

Yea, but genes are in each cell. Remember that when a cell reproduces, there are chances of mistakes and genes get lightly modified. So, they can differ on each cell.

Anyway, back to my point. An entity doesn't need to have life by itself. But if there are living creatures in it, it will make it looks like it live, constantly envolving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A global behaviour is actually a sum of local behaviours.

In physics, when you study particles, the whole object energy is the sum of the energy from all particles.

In maths, when you integrate a function, you find its area, which is the sum of all ▲x with each ▲x tending to 0.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in short, this widely used scientific thought can be used to explain that a behaviour/life/development of an entity is the sum of the behaviour/life/development of all particles from it.

With this way, you can think of universe as a living creature. Hard to imagine, heh?
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#124 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:53 AM

that's actually a rather interesting theory, that could explain some of these bizzare phenomena like where one twin knows the other is in trouble...

However, as always, I am prepared to believe science because I do not believe religion has achieved anything that prospers and advances mankind throughout the entirety of human existance. Yes, some scientists were religious...

I totally embrace this increasing level of apathy that is growing around the world towards organised religion, the sooner we grow up the better. Now, I said organised religion, I have no problems with Banshee's quite fascinating theory, but I do have a problem with churches still trying to dominate the world, which they do.

I was walking through Liverpool town centre not long ago, just before I came back to yorkshite, and this hideous old fart was stood in the city centre with a big sign saying "JESUS WILL RETURN" or some nonsense along them lines. He was with another hideous decrepid monster too who was... singing... Yes, singing. The fact that his voice was utterly unsuited for singing didn't deter him. So, they stood there, screaming out threats and bible verses in pretty much equal quantities, and not a single sodding person took heed...

But really... if you can become that screwed in the noggin, there's no way I'm going to church. Ever. Bring on the fire and brimstone baby!

"And Lucifer said: "Let there be heavy metal", and there was, and he saw that it was good."

Edited by Calamity_Jones, 01 July 2006 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image

#125 AOWR-Theoo Stratiotes

AOWR-Theoo Stratiotes
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

Isaac NEwton, one of the founders of modern science, was a christain. (as were the founders of this country).
The One must be cast

There is no other way.
One of you must take it,
One of you must pay.

Mi naurath Orodruin
Boe hedi i vin

U cilith 'war.
U men 'war.
Boe min mebi,
Boe min bango.

#126 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:24 PM

That says nothing. Religion has always been an enemy of science purely because science contradicts religion at many points.

Religion has Genesis, science has evolution. The two do not overlap. This is one example of why I consider religion to be answers for that which could not be explained rationally at the time. With the advancements of science, religion has ended up taking a back foot, as it turns out those scientists were not only right, they proved much of what the Bible said to be false.

Of course, there are those who refute science altogether. They're called Creationists, and I'm not quite sure how they get by. I mean, what do they do if their car breaks down? Pray to God that it gets fixed?

#127 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:31 PM

And so was Einstein. I'm not stating that no great scientists were ever Christians, I'm stating that the idea of science and the idea of religion are often completely opposed, especially when certain people attempt to impose their religion upon scientific study.
Oh, and that I don't believe its physically possible for there to be a god. It just seems absolutely implausible, and through certain logical laws, it is impossible.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#128 AOWR-Theoo Stratiotes

AOWR-Theoo Stratiotes
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:35 PM

I thought Einstein was a Jew?
The One must be cast

There is no other way.
One of you must take it,
One of you must pay.

Mi naurath Orodruin
Boe hedi i vin

U cilith 'war.
U men 'war.
Boe min mebi,
Boe min bango.

#129 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:36 PM

Er, yes, but he was religious. Neils Bohr was a Christian to my knowledge, and J. Robert Oppenheimer was also. But that still proves nothing, Christianity is two steps and one book from Judaism.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#130 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 01 July 2006 - 09:36 PM

If you take everything in the bible literally, you're going to have a hell of a time being a scientist. If you take it as stories that teach you to be a better person, you're quite fine.

#131 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 02 July 2006 - 12:18 AM

"I do not feel obliged to believe the the same God who endowed us with Sense, Reason, and Intellect had also intended us to forego their use"
-Galileo Galilei

quickly sums things up imo. civ4 is a nice game for good historic quotes :p

Edited by duke_Qa, 02 July 2006 - 12:18 AM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#132 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:03 AM

Yeah, 'cept they misquoted a couple people. One of them was the Franklin quote about giving up a little liberty, something he never actually said.
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#133 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 03 July 2006 - 10:23 PM

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

well i can't say that the meaning is lost because of that. its hard to tell when you have lost just a little, or just little too much :)

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#134 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:03 PM

I disagree with Ash's statement. Open minded religion does not conflict with science only close minded religion, same the other way around. Open minded science does not conflict with religion only close minded science. Its all down to views, none of it is truth, its merely just beliefs.

#135 narcismo316

narcismo316

hater of all things unreasonable

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:20 AM

Do you really want the answer to that? I mean, I'd really hate to ruin relationships with people right off.

And by the way; it is MISINTERPETTED, not wrong.

One main problem is people taking things out of context. You know, like you just did. Read the sentence before that, please.

ole!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by narcismo316, 06 July 2006 - 04:21 AM.

#136 narcismo316

narcismo316

hater of all things unreasonable

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:18 AM

you have done a most admirable job on this topic (although it's the wrong thread for yor dissussion), these people have no GOD , to argue with a person who has no GOD or faith is pointless. all of the grey areas in your discussion are easy to cover. just fill them in with your faith.without faith you have a void in your soul(which turnes to anger),as you can see.soo who needs proof when you have faith.
PROOVE ME WRONG

Because we are not in (your) church and we actually have questions about your inbred religious bollocks..?
Dude what world do you live in? How corrupted and distorted is your view by that AWANA anyways? o_O

THAT WAS JUST RUDE AND UNWARRENTED. THIS ISI'NT A SITE FOR TRADING INSULTS!

you have done a most admirable job on this topic (although it's the wrong thread for yor dissussion), these people have no GOD , to argue with a person who has no GOD or faith is pointless. all of the grey areas in your discussion are easy to cover. just fill them in with your faith.without faith you have a void in your soul(which turnes to anger),as you can see.soo who needs proof when you have faith.
PROOVE ME WRONG

Because we are not in (your) church and we actually have questions about your inbred religious bollocks..?
Dude what world do you live in? How corrupted and distorted is your view by that AWANA anyways? o_O

THAT WAS JUST RUDE AND UNWARRENTED. THIS ISI'NT A SITE FOR TRADING INSULTS!

TRY STARTING A NEW THREAD. I'D LOVE TO REPLY.

#137 Pyth

Pyth

Zek Overlord and Pythogrian Supreme General

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  • Projects:Project Aronas (Alpha/Beta Tester)
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:44 AM

1. So yo uare willing to submit to unproved crap? And I ca ntel lyo uthere's no anger ina voisd in me...

2. He's saying he has questions.

Edit: And I started a new thread. An ORGANIZED debate.

Edited by Pyth, 06 July 2006 - 05:45 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The moral of that story is do drugs?

#138 Calamity_Jones

Calamity_Jones

Boomers Disposable Minion

• Project Team
  • 2,399 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  The Lurker-Turned-Poster-Turned-Lurker

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

You religious people like the caps lock key don't you.

Do they teach you in brainwash school to always defend your stupidity (and simultaneously reinforce it) with the caps lock key?
Posted Image

#139 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:32 AM

PROOVE ME WRONG

Sure. Just look at yourself, and how angry you are because people refuse to follow your bollocks. Proves your whole theory wrong, that religion dissipates anger.

Oh and if you want some more proof, try looking at suicide bombers. AFAIK theyre doing it in the name of their religion. And don't even start with crap such as "christianity is different" because it's not.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#140 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:15 AM

I do have a God, but I don't need to follow blindly the Torah, the Bible or the Koran. Religion is a way of live, not a blind faith. The blind faith is a consequence of how some people wrongly deal with it. Learn it.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users