62 replies to this topic

#1 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 24 June 2006 - 04:06 PM

Welcome to our forum. Here you can ask questions about our mod and we will try to answer them. You can also posts comments and suggestions here.

Thanks to the3rdage for this forum :rolleyes:

http://bfmemod.bartvanheukelom.nl/
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

I have some ideas for you to add to this already awesome mod.

1. Knights of Dol Amroth(I trust that you know who they are).

2. Rohan it's own faction. this will let the Knights of Dol Amroth replace the rohirrim.
Sorry, got to run, more when I get back!!
Alright I'm here.

3.Rohan could have peasants, pitchforkers, and Yeoman for lvl.1, lvl.2 could be rohan swordsmen, rohan spearmen, and rohan archers(mabye you could use the skins from the rohirrim cavalry and just dismount them and give them swords, bows, or spears).lvl.3 could be Rohan cavalry (bows and spears seperate)and a new unit-royal guards. Royal guards could mount and dismount, switch between sword and bow, and be tougher than regular infantry/cavalry.

4.Glorfindel-more health he's too weak.

5.Men of the East faction.-Easterling swordsmen and pikemen haradrim-archers and elite pikemen, Easterling cavalry. 2 new units Easterling charioteer and haradrim assassin. The Easterling charioteer would come in twos. they would be like battlewagons, but have a special attack where two people on the back of each chariot would each hold a rope and all infantry in between the chariots (where the rope is) would be killed or knocked to the ground. Haradrim assassin- one single unit capable of assassinating a hero they could stealth, have low health, run fast, be bad at fighting normal units, and shoot a toxic dart that would kill in one hit exept heroes, it would do damage and poison them.That's all I can think of, so add more units than what I have.

Thats all I can think of at the moment, so I hope you guys take these ideas into account.
Thank you for taking your time to read this post.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:57 PM

I like your idea about Rohan Royal Guards (I had the same idea at another site) and I suggested that they be able to switch between sword and spear (thats what they have) then they could kill horsemen and then when soldiers come up they can switch to sword and fight them, but to make this work that would have to be weak to archers. The Assassin idea is cool to, my brothers and I had a similiar idea where the unit would be fast and stealth cant fight at all but could poison stuff like well. So if someone goes to heal they'll get poisoned.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

That's a cool idea.Another idea I have is Dwarven crossbows-the axe-throwers are stupid. Here's why: you cannot carry that many axes with you at a time you could carry mabye 5 at a time, not like 50.They should have to go back to a building (mabye the archery range or a new unit called a supply wagon??) and restock after every skirmish. So if we had crossbowmen, this problem would not occur.

Edited by 2playgames, 17 August 2006 - 01:17 PM.

#5 Lord of the Mark

Lord of the Mark
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

Exactly.

Edited by 2playgames, 17 August 2006 - 01:16 PM.

#6 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 03:58 PM

thanks for the feedback everyone. we're definitely NOT going to add any new factions, but i will keep te Assasin idea in mind. dwarven crossbows are already in our plans, but we may get problems with the animations
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#7 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

why? The dwarves should be at least as bloodthirsty as uruks :mellow: just scale them down...

Edited by 2playgames, 17 August 2006 - 01:17 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#8 Lord of the Mark

Lord of the Mark
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:05 AM

Do you think you could give us a taste of what other new units your putting in?

#9 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:59 AM

@ryunkai: thanks for the comments. if you download the latest daily release you will notice that it already has half of the new units, and fixed walls. thanks for offering to help, but i'm the only coder and for now (and probably forever) that's sufficient

@lord of the mark: check out the site under Features

#10 Lord of the Mark

Lord of the Mark
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 04:06 AM

Sweet, thanks

Also it says on the main page that Boromirs Faramirs and Theodens leadership will be changed, in what way will they be changed?

Edited by Lord of the Mark, 18 July 2006 - 04:08 AM.

#11 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:26 AM

dwarven crossbows are already in our plans, but we may get problems with the animations

why? The dwarves should be at least as bloodthirsty as uruks :p just scale them down...

in fact isen crossbow anims go fine with dwarven crossbows ;) i allready have this model. if you want it pm me or catch me at MSN.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:43 AM

Ugh.. Dwarves with crossbows..

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#13 cahik_

cahik_

Sage engine ruler

• Project Team
  • 1,896 posts
  • Projects:Rhovanion Alliance
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member and Crazy animator

Posted 18 July 2006 - 10:57 AM

i dont think that there is anything bad on that idea. i could be wrong but i think Tolkien mention that in one of his books.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 zimoo

zimoo

Ecthelion of the Fountain

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  • Projects:Lurking until the off topic begins...
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 18 July 2006 - 11:03 AM

The whole dwarven crossbows thing was a concept by EA originally, not Tolkien. I personally don't see what's wrong with just giving them normal bow units, as Thorin's company used bows in Mirkwood
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#15 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:27 PM

personally i think that crossbows are much more fitting for the dwarves with their double catapults and other machinery (how do you spell that?)

i'd really appreciate that model, Cahik

#16 Artifice

Artifice

title available

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:20 PM

A crossbow is a typical dwarf weapon, but it is not what Tolkien chose to give his dwarves methinks.

#17 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 08:29 AM

The whole dwarven crossbows thing was a concept by EA originally, not Tolkien. I personally don't see what's wrong with just giving them normal bow units, as Thorin's company used bows in Mirkwood

Normal Dwarven army didn't had nor bows nor crossbows....I don't remember Dwarven Archer hordes....and these few bows were given to them by Beorn..they didn't had it from beggining. :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:06 AM

Well the fact that Thorin was skilled with a bow would imply that some dwarves could use them. And Balin said if they had more warning about the dragon they could have defeated them, and I don't see a winged dragon being killed by a few axes :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Playing games? Ah, you'll never be a good modder if you get involved in actually playing them!

#19 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:51 PM

Well the fact that Thorin was skilled with a bow would imply that some dwarves could use them. And Balin said if they had more warning about the dragon they could have defeated them, and I don't see a winged dragon being killed by a few axes :wub:

I thought Dwarves during the Silmarilion almost killed dragon king and done it hacking him with axes....besides I don't think 14 bowmen or crossbowmen could kill Smaug... :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 zimoo

zimoo

• Project Team
  • 2,009 posts
  •  Guardian of the Books

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:54 PM

Glaurung - Couldn't fly
Smaug - Could fly

If Glaurung couldn't fly its logical that he could be attacked by melee weapons :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users