North Korea launches missiles

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:34 AM

I don't think we'll ever see a return to Chamberlain-esque appeasement. With the new political atmosphere in the United States, we'd just as soon launch a pre-emptive strike as give them anything in return for threats.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#22 DemonWolf

DemonWolf
  • Members
  • 159 posts
  • Projects:Audio/Video Work.
  •  Successful Troll

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:41 AM

I don't think we'll ever see a return to Chamberlain-esque appeasement. With the new political atmosphere in the United States, we'd just as soon launch a pre-emptive strike as give them anything in return for threats.

My concern is rather the EU. Look at their handling of Iran. That's pretty damn close, in one man's opinion. I don't know, any other thoughts?

Edited by DemonWolf, 06 July 2006 - 01:41 AM.

Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory. -Gen. George S. Patton
Posted Image

#23 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:47 AM

Then this will be our downfall, because if china gets involved we might have a larger problem.

#24 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:19 AM

like any good communist government...

Don't start.

You can hardly describe your own leader as 'stable', DW. He'll probably take his War on TerrorNations He Considers A Threat to Korea next. Bet you.

Chances are, China would be on our side. They're just capitalists by a different name, much as my Free Republic of Belka is neither free nor a republic.

#25 C1E/\/\E/\/+

C1E/\/\E/\/+
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:20 PM

Things Kim Jong Il would lose if he started a nuclear war with the US:
1. His country
2. His power
3. His freedom (because his going to get arrested and imprisoned for something)

I doubt China would be directly involved in any conflict over North Korea. China won't side with USA, officially that is, and China would lose a lot of money if they went to war with USA. And China doesn't actually gain much in it's relationship with North Korea, but North Korea is still China's ally.

#26 LeninT34

LeninT34
  • New Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 03:17 AM

I thought NK and china hated each other.

#27 C1E/\/\E/\/+

C1E/\/\E/\/+
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 07:45 AM

Woah....how wrong you are. China pushed back the UN forces and saved North Korea during the Korean War.

#28 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:01 AM

China might dislike NK now but i'm quite sure they would get involved if they felt any form of threat from the US or the EU.

#29 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:42 AM

and lose 60-80% of the people who buys their stuff?

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#30 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 07 July 2006 - 01:40 PM

And also destroy our economies in one mighty blow. If we lost china from the world market, we would be just as fucked ourselves. The loss of all the cheap labour we get from china would cripple us. It would probably be just as damaging to us considering we are pushing our economies too far anyway, all it takes is a little more and we might push them over the edge. Another war, another "enemy" all depends. Maybe its only time but i don't think we could even dare threaten china with such a thing because they would cause just as much of a slump in our economy too and we'd have to go elsewhere for those products and items.

#31 Pyth

Pyth

Zek Overlord and Pythogrian Supreme General

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  • Projects:Project Aronas (Alpha/Beta Tester)
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

Wow.

I, for once, totally agree with one of Hybrid's posts.

:p
Posted Image

Posted Image

The moral of that story is do drugs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users