The Big UFOs and Aliens Topic

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Pyth

Pyth

Zek Overlord and Pythogrian Supreme General

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  • Projects:Project Aronas (Alpha/Beta Tester)
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:28 PM

OK, my belief on aliens.

Thie universe is massive. The chances for an earth-like planet to form are obvioulsy higher than 0%, and if you include all other planets that could possibly support life, well, there would HAVE to be something out there. Even if the chances are even 0.000000000000000000001%, I believe at least one more planet with life on it is out there.

I do NOT, however believe in the gray skinned, big headed aliens with big eyes and motherships. I also do not believe Rswell was any more than a coverup for a spy plane or other airplane of some form-- Area 51 is an airbase, and they are testing aircraft.

As per abductions, methinks I don't believe that either. That would imply that aliens have came to earth, and I do not believe in that. (A planet would need to be very near us to do this, and given probabilities and whatnot, it's most likely in a galaxy far, far away.)

UFOs, like in the sky, are IMO more possible, but not by much.

Ground sightings and stuff like people finding aliens in their homes? PURE CRAP.

Discuss.
Posted Image

Posted Image

The moral of that story is do drugs?

#2 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:39 PM

I think there is life out there, however I don't think there is any life as intelligent as our own. I think that humans are somehow....special... in our evelutionary process. I don't think there have ever been aliens that have visited our earth. It is a virtually impossible.

#3 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:04 PM

Then explain the sightings then.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#4 Pyth

Pyth

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 10 July 2006 - 10:51 PM

Fake stuff made purely for publicity.

And Cossack, SOMEONE would be as intelligent as we are given the spaces involved.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

there are stars in the galaxy/universe that are billions of year older than the sun. if anything theres a big enough chance that there are lifeforms far more advanced than ourselves out there.

also, if the universe is looping through big bangs/big crunches, it is perhaps possible that lifeforms from the last incarnation of the universe found a way to get out of the gravity pull or some sort of technology to get themselves into the new universe. that would be more interesting imo.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#6 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:11 PM

For all we know, the Big Bang might have been caused by aliens much older than ourselves. Failsafe I 'spose.
Either way, I can tell you without a doubt, we're not the only living things in the universe. Personally, in my life time, I would like to see a race from another planet, but that's just me.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#7 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

That's a very interesting theroy duke IMO.

spencer don't get your hopes up cause I would like to see race from another planet aswell but there's a low chance of that happening.

Edited by Forgotten_Soul, 10 July 2006 - 11:14 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#8 Pyth

Pyth

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:41 PM

Seems rather unlikely, I must admit.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:50 PM

Well obviously... I'm not naive.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#10 Pyth

Pyth

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:55 PM

Well, of course not. :mellow:

But anyone have opinions on Roswell? (God I sound like those guys offering tinfoil hats...)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Silent_Killa

Silent_Killa

Village Idiot

• Project Team
  • 790 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:10 AM

It's actually very possible that we've been visited by other life forms in the past... think about it, there's a fairly good chance that there's a species somewhere out there that could be millions of years ahead of us. Big universe, and all it would take was one race with the technology.

As for abductions... maybe it's some form of galactic fishing... catch and release y'know :mellow:
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

"Most people do not really want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are frightened of responsibility." -Sigmund Freud
"Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of the government." -Pierre Joseph Proudhon
"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm." -George Orwell

#12 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:44 AM

Alien do exist in this universe, we cannot be the only lifeforms here. I think i've said before theres possibilities for forms to exist beyond our range of perception which is done by frequency (sound/vision). Its a plausible theory however it again goes into quantum physics rather than "proved" science.

Theres many theories and interesting information on the internet, however we cannot know for sure if they are true or if someone just made them up. I find it unlikely that people make up sightings or abductions, i believe its entirely plausible and possible. The bible even talks of great orbs in the sky back in ancient times. Christian Gnostism follows the idea that mankind was created by aliens and that the current christian bible is a coverup by rome, then again just another conspiracy theory but christian Gnostism is an interesting idea.

Aliens could have lived on earth millions of years ago before mankind even became and evolved race, who knows. We can't state if they exist or if they do not exist as we have never seen them but i find it difficult to believe that there is no other life out there, because there has to be. If they do exist then its entirely possible they have advanced technology and could even be watching us right now. We just don't know so we can't set real conclusions on such matters.

#13 Athgar

Athgar
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Czerion
  •  Crazy Monkey Pirate

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:43 PM

We're just an experiment gone wrong!!!!111

Alien Scientists made us, but something went horribly wrong and they thought "f/ck it, lets get outta here" and left.
Posted Image

#14 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:15 PM

dinosaurs saw the meteorite coming and built a space colony out of the second moon we had :p. now they are observing how life is like a cockroach; no matter the problems, it finds a way to survive.

the dinosaurs existed for 160 million years. it took humanity 6.5 million years to evolve from monkeys into what we are today. there are chances that there have been inhuman civilizations on earth in the earlier days...

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#15 Pyth

Pyth

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

It's actually very possible that we've been visited by other life forms in the past... think about it, there's a fairly good chance that there's a species somewhere out there that could be millions of years ahead of us. Big universe, and all it would take was one race with the technology.

As for abductions... maybe it's some form of galactic fishing... catch and release y'know :p

Even if aliens lived a million years and travelled at lightspeed, they'd need to be practically our next door nieghbours to get here. If they were the next galaxy over, they owuld die even under those circumatances before getting here. Though there IS cryogenics, it would stil lbe a LONG time.

ANd though Hybrid is right, as in the "We have no fuckin clue" part (:)) This is just for speculation.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:15 PM

Damn, Pyth do you never read science reports? There are other ways to travel than "conventional" light speed. Scientists say that theoretically wormholes are possible and are more possible than achieving light speed, so (unless they already proved they are possible and i've missed something).

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#17 Pyth

Pyth

• Project Team
  • 1,594 posts
  •  Nefarious Minion

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:17 PM

Oh? Well, no ,I don't read those often, but that sounds interesting. Of course, there are the problems with wormholes. I think you could logically assume ou are really going to need a strong ship to trave lthem.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:53 PM

you would generally need some sort of strong ship just to get to mars unless you want to get some sort of cancer new to mankind, known as omnicancer or something latin telling you that every cell in your body is fubar.

what i'm saying about the dinosaurs and stuff is that we might not have to look further than on our planet or on the moon or somewhere else nearby to find creatures that have evolved differently from ourselves, but have gained enough knowledge about the universe to become something more advanced.

thats more or less what we want to see in an alien though, creatures that are able to communicate, know how the universe works somehow, and have a sort of culture that we can accept as "human". if we meet civilization that originates from earth, would we consider that alien or something else?

#19 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, to transport humans to mars or somewhere regardless of what drive you use humans need to discover a material that will be completely impervious to radiation, or a means to generate a strong enough magnetic field to repel radiation. On the orbit we are being shielded from the cosmic radiation by Earth's magnetic field, but in deep space there is no natural shield.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#20 narcismo316

narcismo316

hater of all things unreasonable

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:30 AM

I think a wormhole would be the only plausible form of inter-galactic travel. Just imagine hitting a floating beer can/space garbage, at light speed!!!!!! it would definitely raise your insurance premium ... to say the least!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users