#1 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  • Projects:siteMeister, Mental Omega
  •  The wise guy

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:05 AM

A provisoric war room was set up, as by the order of commander Rikovich. The Rivanan officers from both the Derkaderkastanni cell, and the 51st division sat at the table awaiting the rest to come. The commander walked in.

- "The Aesanians will be joining us in a few minutes. We will start without them though, as I have some things to discuss and some questions to ask."
He turned to a 51st divisioner.
- "Firstly, what is the status of the southern Rivanan border?"
- "Not good, Sir. I have managed to gain insight from a contact, when we broke through - blackshirt reinforcements were already under way. We never thought we would get ambushed by a whole APC of whoopass, that is why we had some losses."
- "Ok, secondly - Do you have the plans I requested?"
- "Have them right here, Sir."
The officer hands an envelope to Rikovich. In it are aerial photos of a whole set of buildings.

- "Good.. very good. Ok, now that this is handled we wait for our friends to arrive. The Aesanians are obviously helping, though if I got the message from Propylos correctly - their Uriel spec ops should be here any minute now. Though I suppose the comm officer would've told me if they entered AU space..."

Edited by Blodo, 11 July 2006 - 01:06 AM.

ARGUMENT FROM CREATION, a.k.a. ARGUMENT FROM PERSONAL INCREDULITY (I)
(1) If evolution is false, then creationism is true, and therefore God exists.
(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.
(3) Therefore, God exists.

#2 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:44 AM

A Propylosian Titan transport aircraft was 50 kilometers off the edge of the Aesanian border, filled at full capacity with some of the highest ranking Uriel Special Forces troops in all of Propylos, and their equipment.

The pilot picked up the radio:

Pilot: Larson Air force base tower, this is Propylosian Titan military transport golf quebec foxtrot whiskey, over.

ATC: Quebec Foxtrot Whiskey, this is Larson tower, we have you on our radar. over

Pilot: Requesting clearance to enter your control zone and make a full stop landing on runway 30 at Larson air force base. over

The pilot waited patiently for a reply; he knew the Aesanian ATC would have to ask one of his higher ranking officials about this one.

((OOC: I know there are multiple Air force bases in Larson, but just pretend im landing at the one closest to the Rivanan resistance headquarters :mellow:))

Edited by Cossack, 11 July 2006 - 01:47 AM.

#3 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:25 AM

((OOC: Actually we're at the nerve center in Aersan at Patal AFB. :mellow: Not like it matters, anyway.))

"Quebec Foxtrot Whiskey, you are cleared to move in. I've been ordered to redirect you to Patal AFB, where you will be taken to the appropriate area. Fly safely, gentlemen."

The door opened, and Colonel Garrison walked in with his intelligence officers. He greeted Rikovich with a friendly smile, and looked over the room.

"Sorry I'm late. What did we miss so far?"
Posted Image

#4 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 11 July 2006 - 03:58 AM

Rikovich waited until the men were seated.

- "The primary reason why I needed the officers from the 51st over here was this."
He slides a set of photos to the table, in the direction of the colonel.

Posted Image

- "Sattelite photos aren't hard to obtain. Inside info is." - he said with confidence.

- "The building marked in red is where premier Prokorov and most of his government is held. That includes the vice-premier and secretary of state. Mrezov is so full of himself, he didn't even bother making sure they are put in separate buildings, let alone separate facilities - and that benefits us. There is also supreme general Makovski being held near the southern main guard post, liberating him is a priority as well.

Now, the best place for an LZ is marked on the photo. The idea is however for our guys and the ops from Uriel to be dropped in first, outside of the facility. Point alpha is an ammo depot, so blowing that would form a rather neat fireball. Should distract most of the guards into shooting at squad 1 nearby, while squad no. 2 assaults the army garage - marked by point beta - and makes sure the military won't bring out any heavy machinery. In fact - we are counting on their support, riding to the help of the 1st squad in whatever they find in there.

In all the ruckus that we are going to make outside, you Aesanians and a few of ours land back in the facility in the marked spot. Should be a piece of cake, and you're virtually sure you won't be pinned to this, since you will be operating out of line of sight. Nevertheless, that's where I could use your demolition experts who would try and blow the guard posts to pieces. Again, a distraction - but this one will allow us to escape from under fire in point alpha. A technician being my contact said that there will be an "accident" with the radar post in the middle of the camp, as soon as we give the word. He can get killed for this, so it would be best if we evaced him out too. Plus he's the added benefit of knowing every nook and cranny in the whole prison.

After you get the premier and his board - and the supreme general along with as many army officers that are imprisoned there, and you are ready to take off - the mission is basically over. Once those guard posts blow, the guards should be distracted enough to allow us escape."

Rikovich looked at the map of Rivanan territory and pointed his finger at it.

- "The prison is about 50 km east of Piriniy. The long range radars on the coast are operating on standard, only picking up targets 400 meters over water. I hope your pilots can fly that low." - he remarked with a smirk

- "Any questions?"

(2) Evolution can't be true, since I lack the mental capacity to understand it; moreover, to accept its truth would cause me to be uncomfortable.

#5 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:11 AM

"It's crazy, it's risky, and it is unbelievably dangerous. I love it."

The colonel looked over the photos a bit more, checking over various parts of the plan.

"We'll have three four man teams inserted via Blackhawk at the LZ, accompanied by your men who are going in with them. They split off to their assigned objectives from there. So, we at least need two choppers, possibly more."
Posted Image

#6 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:54 PM

Suddenly, an extremely loud roar was heard through the walls of the briefing room.

"What the hell is that?!" Rikovich yelled over the noise.

"Must be the Propylosians," the Aesanian yelled "they sure as hell don't have the stealthiest of transports!"

In fact, the counter-rotating turboprop engines on the Titan transport were about 5 times louder than any jet engine.

Suddenly the noise stopped, and a highly decorated propylosian military officer, Captain Jiang, Uriel Special Forces Captain, walked into the room.

"So boys, what have I missed."

Rikovich handed him the plans.

"Looks like an excellent plan," he said "how can my men be of service."

#7 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:26 PM

Rikovich looked over the room.

- "As I said earier, you Propylosians will be landing with me and the men outside of the facility and cause the ruckus. How many of you are there? There's gonna be twelve of us riding in the chopper to point alpha, and I hope to see at least 10 of you. We could use the sniper coverage. Also I'm gonna assign four of ours to be inserted at the LZ along with the Aesanian spec ops... Should be enough."

He looked over the plan again.

- "Best if we arrive on the verge of sundown when they are paying less attention. I suggest to give the operation a 'go' tommorow at 6pm. We should get there just in time..."

He then looked at all of them.

- "Unless anyone has anything more to add, we're done for today..."

Edited by Blodo, 11 July 2006 - 04:26 PM.

#8 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:34 PM

"We have a team of 36 men here with us today, and I will personally choose the best amongst them to be part of this operation. Among the 36 men, we have 8 trained snipers that can work in teams of one or two. These snipers are among the best in all of Propylos and have recently returned from advanced training at the Yuktobanian sniper school."

"The plan may seem risky, but I think if all goes according to plan, the rescue should be a success. I myself will accompany my men into battle to ensure they are successful, however commander Rikovich, I do not suggest you should do the same as you are currently the leader of the resistance and we cannot risk your safety. I suspect all we have left to do is to brief our men, and then wait for go time."

#9 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:09 PM

Out of the back of the room, a Yuktobanian special forces commander steps out of the shadows.
"Aww, you're having a break-out and you don't invite us to the party? We follow our trainees, just to let you know. You let us in, and you get these-" *points to M12 crate, with silencers*"and these-" *points to GPS Tac-Coms* "So, we have a bargaining chip?"

OOC:I decided I wanted to get in on something a little closer to home. I'm getting tired of calling Clandonians as stupid as rocks. :p

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#10 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:16 PM

OOC: It's a very secure area, and probably would have been inpossible for you to get in, but whatever :p
Anyway, are you trying to help us with our plan?....i didn't really understand your post.

#11 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 10:31 PM

OOC: Nology, I would have preferred you just requested to land like any normal person would, since you would be dead before you stepped near the base without proper clearance. We know you're interested so we'll wait for you. :) But please, for the love of God, don't make the most secure compound in my nation look like a day care. :p
Posted Image

#12 Paladin58

Paladin58

I lurk moar...

• Project Team
  • 2,384 posts
  •  Drifting Gun-Toting Liberal, Forum Lurker

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

OOC: The weapons and Tac-Coms are experimental devices. I figured you might want to have new toys for this. So, I'm using them as bargaining chips to get a squad of my boys in this op to do something other than make fun of Clandonians. And, they're Yuktobanians, your biggest ally. Like you'd shoot them in the face, and jeopardize your own alliance? :p Just pretend they were already in-country. :)

Edited by Nology5890, 11 July 2006 - 11:45 PM.

OLD SIG
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself,
first as a dark demon. As a demon it uses it power to rain death upon the land,
and then it dies. However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man.
Its own blood, and madness soon cover the earth.
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz.
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through the dark skies
Fear and Death trail its shadow beneath
Until Men united wield a hallowed sabre
In Final Reckoning, the beast is slain.
Razgriz intrerpretation

Posted Image <-This stays up there for you, buddy!

#13 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:25 PM

OOC: Thing is, these men are armed with the newest gen AK-103s already. This whole warband came into the AU fully armed. But whatever.

- "So the Yuktobanians want to tag along as well? Guess we could fit you in into the diversion group, though I'd rather take a hold of a good AK, than one of those western guns which jam at the first notice of dirt - don't know about the others. But whatever. You're in, I suppose."

Rikovich looked over the room, thinking to himself..
Damn me if this isn't the biggest rag-tag crowd to ever liberate a premier.

- "Anyways, I suppose we are finally done? See you all tommorow then."

He said, while walking out of the room. The 51st officers and the Delta cell officers sitting in the room walked out behind him.

#14 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:46 PM

"We prefer to use our own rifles as well," stated captian Jiang, "however, those tac-coms could prove to be useful."

#15 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:06 AM

Patal AFB, 6pm - the next day
--------

The sun was going down as men armed with rifles ran out of buildings, into the the choppers waiting outside. Rikovich meanwhile was just walking. No rush - he thought to himself.

As he reached the chopper with the Rivanan strike group, he commented to the others:
- "Tommorow will be a good day for battle, eh? .. Let's go."

The blackhawks roared out, and started moving towards the north. The first stop would be in the province of Larson to refuel. After that they would move over the sea, and completely bypass the southern border. Flying lower than Rivanan long range radar coverage, they would soon find themselves moving inland. In a matter of minutes from that point they would reach their destination.

The blackhawks landed behind a hill, in woodland cover. The prison base was quiet, the technician done his job. The prison radar was dead. It was 4:15 am.

Back in the landing zone two units were assembled. Unit one was mainly Rivanan with two Propylosian sniper teams and a few Yuktobanian soldiers. Unit two was Propylosian with the rest of the Yuktobanians. The Aesanians and four more Rivanan soldiers were staying back until called for. Rikovich stepped on the head of his unit, and started giving orders.
- "Ok, we all know how it goes. Me and the boys are coming to the ammo depot and throw in a few grenades. While the guards on the walls are distracted, you climb through and access the military garage. With a bit of luck you may even find a T-80 there - if not, some jeeps with machine guns will cause a good ruckus too.

Once you get the vehicles - don't forget about us. Destroy the gates and ride out with help, since by then we are probably going to face some major opposition. Ok, let's go."

Both units went in their own directions.

20 minutes later, outside the prison walls
Two guards were on patrol. This was a boring night. Each one was.
- "It's the middle of the fucking night, nobody is going to bother with this prison anyways. And we still have to walk around like idiots. Ugh.., the one in charge is a prick."
- "Tell me about it. It's not like the resistance is just gonna come and blow all this to pieces. They don't have the manpower nor equipment -"
An explosion in the distance interrupted him. The both of them standing shitfaced.
- "Don't you hate it, when Murphy's laws kick in in the proper moment?"

The ammo depot was smoked. And a shootout began, as the team of Rivanans captured a forward post nearby, entrenching themselves behind sandbags, and commandeering a shiny machine gun, that was most probably just shipped.
- "Nothing better than flawless Rivanan equipment." - the man behind the gun commented after shooting behind a few guards running from the site.

Meanwhile the prison had just lit up. A alarm was sound, while men were pouring out of the barracks. Someone shouted through the prison megaphone system.
- "Attention all personel, we are under armed assault. This is not a drill - repeat - this is not a drill."

Moments after spotlights were being centered at the Rivanans, as they began shooting at the guards pouring out the gates. Rikovich just barely got missed by a round grabbed his radio.
- "This is Rikovich, to Shooter One. Take out those spotlights, will you?"
The sniper team was assembled on a small hill nearby. The sniper-gunner shot at the two spotlights centered at the unit near the ammo depot. The lights were gone, meanwhile the gates to the prison just got opened fully and a armored apc roared out.
- "Crap, looks like they're armed." - one Rivanan said
- "I just hope our hijackers get to the equipment, before that equipment comes to us." - Rikovich remarked.

The APC machine gun opened fire, hitting a Rivanan in the arm. Everyone of them fell down to earth to avoid being hit. The APC laid suppressing fire, while some soldiers closed in.
- "Throw a flashbang!" - someone yelled
A moment later the flash occured and all the soldiers enclosing were stunned. This made for an excellent opportunity.
- "Hit them with sleeper shots. Not all of them have to die, you know." - Rikovich said.
In a moment, just as they regained their vision the soldiers were sleeping, and they would remain like that for the next six hours.

Meanwhile, more soldiers went out the gate and commandeered the APC. Again a voice was heard talking through a megaphone, though closer this time.
- "This is commisar Stalag to the unknown assailants: Give yourselves up. You will never enter the facility, unless you plan to wait outside for the next hour, until the proper army arrives and takes you in custody?"
All the soldiers under his command waited for his order, just like he - the commisar - waited for an answer. And he got it. Someone shouted:
- "Get lost!" - and a rifle shot flew his military hat off his head. That was accompanied by a laugh from the unit below. The commisar has by now almost regained his perfectly emotionless demeanor.
- "Hmmh, if that's what you want... Guards! Open fire! Take five of them alive! Kill the rest!"
And the guards opened fire.

Rikovich as always had his sense of humour in the ready.
- "Well, we sure got their attention now..."
Again, barely dodging a bullet he said to himself.
- "Come on, Jiang.. Where is that support.. Can't sit here forever..."

#16 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:35 AM

Commander Jiang: "what are you waiting for boys, give Rikovich some fucking cover fire!!!"

OOC: about to go to bed, ill post more once I get up.

P.S.: im not very good with battle scene despcriptions, you can continue Blodo.

#17 Blodo

Blodo

The one who disagrees

• Project Team
  • 3,002 posts
  •  The wise guy

Posted 13 July 2006 - 02:45 AM

OOC: Hmmh, the plan was for your unit to climb the wall, enter the prison facility and fetch some armed jeeps stored in the garage, then destroying the gate ride out, and help me out with the distraction, so :unsure:

#18 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:15 AM

"Echo One, this is November Charlie One. We'll take you in when called for. We're probably going in hot, so be ready for a fast-rope insertion."
"Copy that, NC One."

The young Aesanian looked to a Rivanan in the chopper, a sly look upon his face.

"You ever rapelled from a chopper before?"
Posted Image

#19 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:12 PM

Jiang: "all right boys, its time. Merkov, Portol, and Metza you to stay here and give me some suppression fire. The rest of you come with me, were going in!"

The team raced across the open expanse of grass and and mud towards the prison gate. Bullets were flying all around them, and suddenly one man was shot in the leg.

Jiang:"Hung, get him back to a chopper now!"

Hung: "yes sir"

The rest of the team made it to the the wall, out of the enemies' line of site.

"Alright boys, if we try to climb that wall we'll be sitting ducks for whatever guards are behind the wall. Lets get some fucking explosives on this thing, move it!

The explosives expert laid a thick line of plastic explosives along the botoom of the wall and inserted the igniter.

"Alright boys, the second this wall comes down, I want flash bangs in there. Now everybody clear away from the explosives"

The explosives expert lit the fuse and with a huge bang, part of the wall crumbled down.

Jiang: "Move, move move!!"

2 flash bangs, and a smoke grenade were thrown in through the wall, and the team moved in towards the garage nearby. They encountrerd four poorly trained guards and managed to kill them with no injuries to themselves.

Once they reached the garage, thety found the door was locked, but that was no problem as they used explosives to get in.

The Rivanan prison guard commander was alert at his post, he didn't know what the hell was going on. He had heard muttered reports about helicopters and spec ops teams attacking his prison. He had called for reinforcements from headquarters, but he was afraid they would be to late. Suddenly he heard gunshots and engines from his right "What the fu--" he was unable to finish his entence as he was shot with machine gun bullets from a jeep turret.

The jeeps moved towards the gate quickly, killing guards as they went.

Once they reached the gates, they found it heavily guarded. There were two guard towers situated on each site giving heavy fire.

Jiang: "we need to get one of the towers, the gate control are inside of them"

"sir, Johnny's hit!"

Jiang:"Get him in a jeep, and do what you can!"

Two groups of four moved up the stairs of each guard tower. Suddenly they came to a heavy duty locked door.

"its a good thing we brought some explosives with us" said one of the guys.

A few moments later, Rikovich saw the gates of the prison opening and jeeps moving out.

#20 Cossack

Cossack

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:03 AM

I've been away for 2 weeks now, and no one has continued this operation.....I think its about time we get going :blink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users