- - - - -

New Units For A Generals Mod?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*

Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2004 - 06:26 PM

Hi, im thinking of making a generals mod and would like some ideas for it. Post ANY unit/building/weapon/sciences ideas here. If i like them i will include them in my mod and u will get your name in the credits. thanx! :)

#2 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  • Projects:freelancing between what interests me
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 16 June 2004 - 02:19 AM

I wasn't satisfied with the defence structures of Generals... especially for USA. (until ZH brought the firebase which made me feel better) I don't know exactly what, but come up with some new defence structures for the mod... like a anti-tank missile defence system for China, and an anti-infantry structure for USA (like an MG tower or something).
As for units, I think it would be cool for a flamethrower and a flametank for china... not that it hasn't been done already but I always liked those in TD. You could make some kind of elite samuraish character for China which has a sword and some kind of magic powers or something.
Just remember to be creative and make all kinds of new junk that has never been seen in a mod before and you mod will be great. Keep this forum posted on its progress we could provide comments for you mod.

#3 Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*

Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:09 PM

Eh, actully, i have no modding experience or a mod team yet. I just want to hear evereybodys thoughts so that i can get ideas.BTW nice ideas i like the idea of of US guard tower. Im thinking somthing like the GDI one in the original CNC. I also like the idea of the samuri. I could give him a sword and what about ninja stars? :) Any way, how do u edit your posts? Because i want to display a list of the new units and stuff. Thanx :) and keep up with the cool ideas!

#4 TrashMan

TrashMan
  • New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:32 PM

Here, these are my ideas...altough all are not doable (the Carriers are a NO)
here

#5 Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*

Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:26 PM

Here are some more ideas i had.Feel free to make comments on them.

US Grizzley Battle Tank: Similar to the allied grizzley in RA2.

USAF "Project Blackstorm" Jet: This is a top secret military jet that has the spped of an alora, heavy armor, twelve missiles and two cannons. Is invisible to radar.
Only for General Granger. Note: level 3 gen power needed to build. only one at a time allowed.

Generals power "Laser Strike": This is a level 5 generals power for townes only.
This calls in a strike of laser beams similar to the ion cannon in C&C.

Laser soldier: This is a infantry only for townes. They are armed with a laser gun roughly about a tenth as powerful as a laser tanks but it's rate of fire has been upgraded alot. This infantry is effective against infantry and light vechiles. In groups they can kill tanks and aircraft.

Chinese Flame elite: A redguard armed with a flamethrower.

#6 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:23 AM

not too bad... You may wish to create an advanced Dozer... I wrote a tutorial on how to get it today, but its not available yet, should be up in a day or two (possible tonight). It allows you an extra 11 structures.

Has any work been done on this mod yet? do you have any screenshots?

#7 Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*

Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2004 - 10:36 AM

no, im still in the designing stage and just gathering ideas and stuff like that. i have 2 questions. 1. I have downloaded GMAX and have waited a month but no activeation code do u know why im not reciveing my code and 2. do u know where the structure INI files r, i can only find units. thanx and keep sending in ideas! :)

#8 TrashMan

TrashMan
  • New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 June 2004 - 11:09 PM

Open google and search for Gmax serial...

Or go to crackzdomain.com or something like that...

b.t.w. - like your ideas...

#9 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:06 AM

no need to get a Gmax serial that way, they are free... just click the link given to you when you open Gmax enter all the info and wait like 1 minute for the e-mail (be sure you entered the correct e-mail, I entered myne wrong the first time)

As for the structures INI file, Open INI.big with a big editor like FinalBig or XCC Mixer. (both can be downloaded at C&C Central under universal editors) Find "data\INI\object\FactionBuilding.ini" and extract it. It contains all the info for Structures in Generals.

Good luck :tocol:

#10 Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*

Guest_Visitor_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:17 PM

I did enter the info and i have wsited for about 30mins and no activation. It's just plane weird. :)

#11 Krit

Krit

Shrine Maiden

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Projects:Spreading Touhou-ism
  •  Someday, anime fans and otakus will rule the world...

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:24 PM

Be Patient, it might end up in the Junk Mail folder like mine did :umad:
Note: Some signature banners shown here may be linked to related content.
Caution: Linked material may be hyper cute or hyper cool depending on content.
Posted Image
This space for rent - 10$ per week
50% discount if I actually like the product
Free if I'm really bored and really like the product

#12 Guest_Soviet11_*

Guest_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:39 PM

Junkmail folder? Is that where SPAM gets ent? How do you get onto it? :umad:

#13 Guest_Soviet11_*

Guest_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:45 PM

Nope, found the Spam folder but there was nothing in it. I checked all my other Emails as well and norhing. I will try to download it again and see if it works.

#14 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:05 PM

No need to download again... just load that page and refillout those forms one more time. If it still refuses to work let me know and I'll send you my activation code.

#15 Guest_Soviet11_*

Guest_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:02 PM

It STILL didnt work!! :worried:

#16 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 06 July 2004 - 04:31 AM

ok... I'll try to e-mail it to you, I think I have your e-mail address somewhere. I'll edit this message if I can't find it though.

#17 Guest_Soviet11_*

Guest_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

my email is Phoenixkiefer@AOL.uk

Thats uk not com! One of my buddies on ZH tried to mail me but he wrote com. Lol.
Any way i might not recive it so dont send it yet. My free trail for AOL just ran out and imm getting broadband. So ill post in this topic again when im back online!

#18 the_kid

the_kid

L337 Pwnerer of N00bs

• Project Team
  • 1,734 posts
  •  + TRIPLEhelix

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:52 PM

erm I already sent it... but if you don't get it just post when you are ready to receive and I'll send it again.

#19 Sephy

Sephy
  • New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 06:37 PM

Hey Soviet, I've got modding expierence, mapping/mission expierence , and know how to add units to the INI files. If you read this anytime soon, email me at xjuggaloxd3athx@aol.com mkay?

#20 Guest_Soviet11_*

Guest_Soviet11_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:33 PM

ok i got the e mail address. BTW the kid, dont email me cause im using my grans computer. im only stayin for about a week. Broadbands taking longer than expected but i should be back online in about a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users