#1 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:02 AM

7th_Panzer has proposed the idea of being an advisor to help in deciding the effectiveness of various weapons in the field, in order to stop all this OOC whining about weapons and their effectiveness and whatnot. You will still have complete control over the casualties you take, but Panzer will act as a sort of advisor as to how effective an attack may have been. You can choose to ignore him, but that's something I really suggest you don't do at all.

This is more of an experiment than anything to see if something like this could work to cut down on godmodding and add new dimensions to the game with situations you wouldn't see beforehand. Since I am crap at explaining exactly what he'll do due to my sleep-deprived ass, I'll let him take over somewhat. :p
Posted Image

#2 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

Crushing opponents since 1980.

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts
  • Projects:War Games
  •  Chief Wargames Referee

Posted 14 July 2006 - 03:51 AM

Hallo.

First, let me tell you a bit about my background. I am a student of history at the university near where I live, and I specialize in the history of war. At first, my interest was in the 'laboratory statistics' of weaponry, which then evolved into the scope of interest I find fascinating today - logistics. Anyway, my knowledge of war's history and the weapons involved will allow me to use that perspective in determining what happens during your attacks and what-not, as armies have found what works in theory almost never works in practice.

Thanks, and I hope to have your support for a week to see how this works.

Any questions, comments or concerns, please post them here.

Thanks,
7th_Panzer, crushing your future for over 25 years.
Posted Image

- "7th 'I'm not evil!' Panzer

#3 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:10 AM

Been there, tried that, failed. Some people will listen to the incontrovertible truth, as they listened to me at points, but some people won't. That much is a given. Although, I really truly wish you some luck in this, I tried but people stopped listening to me a while ago.
Posted Image
My Favorite Website.My UniversityAnd... Mein Kampf?
C. elegans for President

#4 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:11 AM

I am going to do my best in remaining totally neutral; events that unfold will be unbiased.
Posted Image

#5 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  • Projects:Admin @ Meaaov Gaming, university studies, ugh... research. GNP's Flagship of the Left.
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:14 AM

I'm just warning you ahead of time. You'll come across people who won't listen to you, and who will think there's a way they can sidestep clear, cold reality. I've got quite a bit of experience in military advisory in the past few years, and can tell you without a doubt, this will drive you nuts. Up the wall. Insane.
I've already developed another personality. Care to meet Spencer v2?
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#6 7th_Panzer

7th_Panzer

• Project Team
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:16 AM

Crave will have final say; I am merely an advisor. Any problems with what I say happens should be addressed to him.

But yes, I know that attitudes will come into play. :p
Posted Image

#7 MSpencer

MSpencer

Think Tank... Legend?

• Hosted
  • 4,120 posts
  •  Angry, angry bastard.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:22 AM

It's hardly about what you say, how you say it, or who you are. I'm sure we'd get along quite well. My point is that you better be used to arguing, and saying the same thing repeatedly... over and over. I've tried to serve as an unbiased, unofficial advisor at times, but I've found myself not only swamped, but repeatedly ignored. Now, you get to take over. Have fun, the union of the four personalities of the Spencer will be quite relieved to not have to deal with this anymore :p
All yours! Make your funeral arrangements!
Posted Image
C. elegans for President

#8 Torn

Torn

Mmphumph!

• Hosted
  • 2,238 posts
  • Projects:Only War 2
  •  Mmmph mm mumph umph!

Posted 14 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

Spence is right. Panzer is now doing what spence does anyway. It's pointless, people are rude and disrespectful to spence because they want their 400000 super tanks, when it's clear he knows what he's talking about.

#9 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:21 AM

Told you you should've locked tech altogether, Crave. :p

#10 crave22

crave22

sup dawg

• Project Team
  • 4,295 posts
  • Projects:Feeding Myself to a Koala
  •  Retired RPG Guild Staff

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:44 PM

Meh...

I'm leaving tomorrow, anyway (with internet access), so if there's even a teency bit of arguing I just want the forum locked down altogether. :p
Posted Image

#11 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

You heard the man, bitches. :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users