#182 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

Heh, one time I had 300 soldiers up against more than 1 million enemy soldiers, ranging from footsoldiers to Elephants...

I held them off for three days, just long enough for me to build up my forces and then turn the tide of teh war...
____

Oh? This is a RA2/YR Battle forum? Oh...

:p ;)

I can't remember any of mine... I haven't played for a while and all my games are pretty much the same...

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#183 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

More specifically for Robot Storm (a mod for YR) :p.

#184 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

Me wants to know what Mad's base looked like...

Also wants to know why Elerium didn't destroy those things while they phased in or before they entered and raped his base so utterly...

#185 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:42 AM

My base? I wasn't even in that game :p

You mean Bolt :p

Edited by Elerium, 17 March 2007 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#186 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 17 March 2007 - 11:54 AM

Yeh, and those Chrono Tanks didn't destroy my base, it was just Vortex spamming.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#187 Elerium

Elerium

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

Also note that Bolt had some stupid Kirov that wouldn't die. Even with 4 Photons attacking it and 5 Pulverisers it just wouldn't CROAK. That was enough to kill the base.

Personally I think moval of Nexus self-repair to Robotics Factory Imo.. Nexus does well without it for a while anyway and it stops abuses such as multiple machine shops which are basically unkillable.. I had a hard time trying to pick out Tony. Build limit=1 is efficient and serves as a buildable special much like the other sides have to build theirs :) You could say that the Robotics Factory acts as a future century machine shop :p

Edited by Elerium, 25 March 2007 - 09:23 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#188 FoRSAkeN_oNe

FoRSAkeN_oNe

Nexus Commander 00756

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:23 AM

Also note that Bolt had some stupid Kirov that wouldn't die. Even with 4 Photons attacking it and 5 Pulverisers it just wouldn't CROAK. That was enough to kill the base.

Holy crap you should see a NEXUS owned Kirov rank 3. I had one once. I loved it. I took out an entire base with it. It was my best friend... I need another.
Posted Image
Posted Image

And on the eighth day, god created kbyhil.hjfvgchtnm jhv o9, nhp;.
----------------------------------------------
Be young, have fun, taste ZOMGWTF.

<_<' ...Good day. -F1-

#189 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

But my super Kirov didn't do anything except defend from the AA, your base was destroyed by my forces from the west where you didn't have defenses other than garrisons...

And remember my forces from your north failed as well, which included that Kirov who was the only survivor.

Posted Image

#190 Elerium

Elerium

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 25 March 2007 - 01:37 PM

Point is I was busy making AA rather than focusing on brute tanks to stop the incoming forces in the west.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#191 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:21 PM

ROFL, if you were already defended it would be no problem. You did have all game and fair interval between Tony gone and my forces arriving.

Posted Image

#192 Elerium

Elerium

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

Hello? Units? Defenses don't do a lot you know for AL. Chrono Towers suck usually against mass stuff, and we can't exactly spam Lasers or Hellstorm cannons.

And point is AA can't stop that invulnerable Kirov crap.

Edited by Elerium, 25 March 2007 - 02:30 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#193 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

Defenses don't do a lot you know for AL.

*cough* Particle base walking *cough*

Posted Image

#194 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

Hear, hear Mad!

PS: I don't agree with any of it. :blush:

Posted Image

#195 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  • Projects:Drinking coffee
  •  Floating about

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:46 PM

AL is more fair in the next version, already easier to withstand the other sides. The changes are quite good, I can´t go into details but most AL players will appreciate them. One of them showed though is the new air unit, it is really making a difference on the field. Air to air weapons adds more depth too.

I have no issues with holding back players with current version, it takes more skill though than the other sides that is true. Expand early and hold positions while you keep pummeling the enemy with weather tanks and illusion tanks and you are sure to weaken the economy quite some. I am no expert on the side, I have seen quite some neat tricks from Apollo and Elerium though.

Anyway it will all fail against the new enemy so :blush:
If people were more constructive with their comments, then this place would be more enjoyable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#196 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:32 PM

Me, Apollo, Elerium and Godsun all played a game tonight. It was a 4 player FFA on the map Kalifornia i think and we were all in the 4 corners. I was Freedom, Elerium Allied dogs, Apollo and Godsun were NEXUS.

Elerium initially drove to capture the derricks south of me and quickly planted a defence, but soon a broke through. After a little scuffle with him the tide of war turned, infact it was more like a tsunami than a tide. Elerium was attacked from the west bu Godsun and I was attacked by Apollo. Elerium must have been hit hard because I saw him rebuild his MCV.

At first I thought I had enough defense with my army of Devastators, Mantis' and other FL units but Apollo showed otherwise. His overpowering force destroyed my miner base extension slightly westward my position but I managed to hold off further and rebuild.

By this time Elerium was down and out by Godsun's forces and I soon realized Apollo had a small base in the center of the map. From their and his main base NEXUS forces started pouring out. Soon my defense was down and all but Miners and rocket troopers remained. I did manage to hold off his attacking forces for 10 mins or so but soon failed. I rushed my MCV down to where Elerium was and then hid it behind a tall civilian building. :blush:

After that they thought I was defeated, Apollo dared Godsun to attack so he did however weak it was. :ninja: Apollo soon brought down the hammer and crushed Godsun's base under cold steel. Godsun attempted to flee his MCV which was destroyed but also brought attention to my hiding one, so then I was defeated too. Heres the scores.

Posted Image

#197 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 26 March 2007 - 01:06 PM

Was damn nice game btw :grin:

I would add that in beginning i saw Bolt and Elerium do little skirmish and then Godsun decided send his main force to attack Elerium and i took the west central derricks& airport and launch a minor attack at godsun to clear away some of his base as warning while leaving yard and plenty of stuff still left rather than outright kill him :sad2:

I do few garrisons with my paradrop termis to hinder elerium's mining and try same on bolt and take the central area derricks but then elerium spots them too and tries chrono transport engineer them..in the minor scuffle i was ahead and proceed to laser turret fortify and recapture remains :p

then i continue building my army and begin pester bolt's position :cool:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#198 Elerium

Elerium

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Blargh ^_^ Here's details of skirmish on my part..

First thing I did was mobile warfare to capture the area and hinder Bolt's League tactics, so capturing the area around his base was a priority. I moved my Guardians and some Marauder squads to capture the Airport and Derricks to the north. Initially the attack was successful and Bolt kept throwing Scorpions to my area which were attacked my Guardians so the Marauders were pretty much ok. I also began to make an Enforcer army of 30.

After grabbing more Marauders and such I decided to put a halt to Bolt's economy by flying in 4 F-22 Raptors to take out his Refineries. But eventually Bolt decided to take another strategy and tech up for the best units so after a while a couple Devostators rolled out. My garrisonned buildings didn't stand much of a chance to Bolt's atomic cannons as the remaining Guardians scrambled to capture other buildings, so he decided to do another option, raze the fucking city :p. Bolt eventually sent his two Devostators to take out my Airport and a scuffle ensued in that I was trying to hold off the attacks with Chrono Towers and Marauders. The initial attack was repulsed, and fortified with a Particle Cannon which proceeded to bomb some buildings on Bolt's border. The fortification was eventually quashed with him sending in a Kamikaze run into my derrick which took out the position. This was followed with 2 Devostators to attack my remaining airport, and although the initial attack was repulsed, it came at a cost of the airport.

In the meantime godsun sent in a huge frecking attackforce that would mean the end of most AL players (trust me in my position it was literally do or die), first off he sends in some Manta bombers to take out my mining then he'd continually do that all the frecking time meaning I had a non-existant economy for most of the part. When the main force was arriving consisting of major NEXUS forces i.e. loads of Preds, Centurions, 3 or so Zephyrs, some Adv Robos and few Wraith units I popped up a Particle Cannon to eat a chunk out of his force. It died before it let off a second shot however.

As the force closed in I was bought some more time because godsun had to clear out a few garrisonned buildings. While all this was happening I proceeded to build a Weather Tank squad of 5 and rally point them into my Illusion Tower to prevent any prying eyes from seeing them..

Eventually the force arrived and I let him wipe out most of the buildings.. I also was sort of paniced because I saw Bolt's huge force of Devostators nestled outside my base and I knew that if I even won the attack then it would be game over anyway. As the NEX force approached further into base I let loose the Weather Tank fury surprising him from my cloak and well, lots of chunks died that day :grin: But while this was happening, Bolt took my last Derrick up north and began to pound my war factory with a set up Hellstorm Cannon. Now I lost my MCV to godsun so now I was pretty much starting to feel the battle slipping away if I didn't get an MCV fast. The remaining Enforcer army attacked the position in order to buy a little more time, and the Factory was in red by the time the new MCV came out, but at least it made it. During this time I tried to move it to take advantage of the Illusion towers so by this time everyone must have noticed I rebuilt my MCV..

Afterwards it was more of cat and mouse, the economy was total bust, miners got wiped out, my plans to take the center was bust because I couldn't see anything because godsun took out my radar using Mantas. I did manage to remove the Bolt infestation to the north by popping up a Particle and wiping out the Derrick :p Afterwards Apollo made an appearance and took out my refinery, then godsun appeared again and took out my second refinery, Apollo then garrisonned the only availiable full ore space and killed a few dumb miners. The Enforcers and Pulveriser failed miserably in the defence of the base from Mantas, but the Pulveriser would prove itself somewhat later, but still crappy. As I rebuilt my radar I saw some of Apollo's engineers capturing the middle, so I tried to take back some Derricks, but NEXUS lasers pretty much triumph at this point.. eventually godsun sent a second force to clean me up, so yeah it was a sad day for the Legion :crazed:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#199 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:47 PM

AL is more fair in the next version, already easier to withstand the other sides. The changes are quite good, I can´t go into details but most AL players will appreciate them. One of them showed though is the new air unit, it is really making a difference on the field. Air to air weapons adds more depth too.

I have no issues with holding back players with current version, it takes more skill though than the other sides that is true. Expand early and hold positions while you keep pummeling the enemy with weather tanks and illusion tanks and you are sure to weaken the economy quite some. I am no expert on the side, I have seen quite some neat tricks from Apollo and Elerium though.

"Uh, Thelonius?"

*Volkov cyborg stomps into room and points guns at Gamemate*

Yeah. You're going to be giving me this beta thingy in a few of days when I get back home. Or be destroyed. :grin:

Anyway it will all fail against the new enemy so :crazed:

Nonsense! The Legion shall prevail!

#200 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

well for me it was plain simple:P

keep bothering one with mantas.. and prepare atack to him:P

and build tons of miners:P

and thats it well.. some def baces wre handy:P

lawl... it ws really fun..
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image