Just wondering...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:10 AM

Hey guys, I was just wondering...

1. Why is the Comanche of the Air Force General more expensive than the Apache, even though it has more missiles and can be stealthed?

2. The Blackhawk fires from the bottom part, including the bullets and shells can be seen there, even though the muzzle flash is in the front.

3. Is the Razorback Fighter supposed to have a gun? It says it has a cannon. When I play though, I never see it fire it's "cannon".

4. If the GLA AI bug only applies to some maps, could you please list down the maps in which the GLA AI bug affects?

Please try to reply. Thank you.

RJ

#2 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:27 PM

More...

1. Will the special forces get a new uniform? I keep confusing them for rangers.

2. Pathfinder's range is way, waay too short, even with optical implants. (For Superweapon General. Haven't tried out the others.)

3. Aurora Alpha Bombers kill themselves with their fuel air bombs. Is this intended or accidental?

4. The Air Force General's Cluster Bomb power doesn't appear at the side. It does appear though, in the GPS building.

5. The USA's parabombs are nowhere to be found.

6. The Superweapon General's Cluster bomb ability can be used even without the GPS building. Was this intended? (Sorry, I didn't read the description.)

Please reply. Thank you.

RJ

#3 Karlos Vandango

Karlos Vandango

I Post Every Second Of My Life

• Project Team
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester Project Raptor
  •  The Posting Maniac

Posted 21 July 2006 - 02:47 PM

More...

1. Why is the Comanche of the Air Force General more expensive than the Apache, even though it has more missiles and can be stealthed?

2. The Blackhawk fires from the bottom part, including the bullets and shells can be seen there, even though the muzzle flash is in the front.

3. Is the Razorback Fighter supposed to have a gun? It says it has a cannon. When I play though, I never see it fire it's "cannon".

4. If the GLA AI bug only applies to some maps, could you please list down the maps in which the GLA AI bug affects?

5. Will the special forces get a new uniform? I keep confusing them for rangers.

6. Pathfinder's range is way, waay too short, even with optical implants. (For Superweapon General. Haven't tried out the others.)

7. Aurora Alpha Bombers kill themselves with their fuel air bombs. Is this intended or accidental?

8. The Air Force General's Cluster Bomb power doesn't appear at the side. It does appear though, in the GPS building.

9. The USA's parabombs are nowhere to be found.

10. The Superweapon General's Cluster bomb ability can be used even without the GPS building. Was this itended? (Sorry, I didn't read the description.)

Please reply. Thank you.

RJ

1.becasue the commahnce has been unchnaged and the spahce was added by vangaurd
2.fixed for 8.0
3.no its not
4.o thats good :p We do not have a list
5.Yes in 8.0 i thiink
6 the range is same as others
7.accentdent its ea shitty coding
8. bug hopfully fixed for 8.0
9. paraboms are only in Vannila (normal) side
10. wasnt intendid i think

grtz vandango
Posted Image

#4 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:08 PM

Thanks very much, Karl :p although the pathfinder does have a short range for supwep general (this is with optical implants). Try it. I usually get killed before firing the shot. And BTW, I know that parabombs is only for vanilla but I can't find it anywhere. Thanks Mr. Vandango!

RJ

#5 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:46 AM

More curiosity...

1. Why is the Marine so expensive even though it takes a generals point to make? 1,000, imo, is just too much.

2. Same goes for Alqueda. Why 1,200? That is a pure rip-off. Even Demo gen's rebels can fire grenades.

3. The Demo Rebel's shooting animation at Green Health is messed up. It's very weird. Looks like they're limping.

4. Can there be a definite choice for Blackhawks? (I prefer the one loaded with Spec. Forces)

Please Reply. Thank you.

RJ

P.S. Has anybody else noticed the Superweapon General's Pathfinder issue? (The one I posted) That was on Tornament Lake with me as USA Supwep and my ally is vanilla GLA vs. GLA Stealth and vanilla USA. All AI were on medium difficulty. The Pathfinders were built at the last few moments of the game with optical implants.

#6 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:46 AM

More curiosity...

1. Why is the Marine so expensive even though it takes a generals point to make? 1,000, imo, is just too much.

2. Same goes for Alqueda. Why 1,200? That is a pure rip-off. Even Demo gen's rebels can fire grenades.

3. The Demo Rebel's shooting animation at Green Health is messed up. It's very weird. Looks like they're limping.

4. Can there be a definite choice for Blackhawks? (I prefer the one loaded with Spec. Forces)

Please Reply. Thank you.

RJ

P.S. Has anybody else noticed the Superweapon General's Pathfinder issue? (The one I posted) That was on Tornament Lake with me as USA Supwep and my ally is vanilla GLA vs. GLA Stealth and vanilla USA. All AI were on medium difficulty. The Pathfinders were built at the last few moments of the game with optical implants.

#7 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:54 AM

1. No the Apache is older, and actually can't stealth.
2. Fixed.
3. Yes it does have one, just has a minimum range so it looks better when it fires.
4. No it happens on all maps, and isn't just the regular GLA.
5. Yes.
6. Fixed.
7. It's EA's code not mine, I just altered the damage, but then again all auroras can die if they fly into an explosion with splash damage.
8. That was due to an error and the fact that if I put it on there, the Daisy Cutter and M.O.A.B powers would freeze on, but not work unless you used them from the Command Center.
9. They are only for the Vanilla (means the USA side that was stock in Generals) USA. Can be found on the Strategy Center.
10. Yes it was.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#8 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:00 AM

Ok, thanks VG, but why does the Apache have to be more expensive? And what do you mean by "minimum range" (for #3)? Oh yeah, and please answer my other questions. Thanks a bunch!

RJ

#9 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:49 PM

Minimum range is the range that an object can fire at that is close enough to it that it wont damage itself, if it goes any closer, then it will begin to hurt itself, although with bullets that doesn't happen, it just looks better then doing a right angle comming from a plane flying over.

1. Because of their damage, and the fact that they can throw grenades to deal splash damage.
2. Again, because of their damage, and because the molotov's they throw have a lasting damage, the flames stick around for a few seconds continuing to deal damage to objects stupid enough to stand in them.
3. Hmmmm.
4. Dunno can there, or did you mean "May there be?" If that's what you ment then yes there may be, but the answer to the "Will there be?" question is no.

Edited by Vanguard, 22 July 2006 - 06:49 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#10 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:34 AM

What do you mean by: "did you mean "May there be?" If that's what you ment then yes there may be, but the answer to the "Will there be?" question is no." I don't understand.

I thought the Marines and Al Queda would be kinda like the Heavy Gunners, cause the grenades have such short range. Anyway, thanks for clearing things up. :p :grin:

#11 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2006 - 02:40 AM

I think the Marine should NOT cost a generals point. That, imo, is totally overkill. And maybe the Al Queda should be priced at 1,000. Just some suggestions. Thanks.

RJ

P.S. Sorry for double post! :p

#12 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

I think I spotted a bug... (posted this one in the "Probs with PR" topic, but no one noticed it...)

When you use the Black Eagle (China Cluster Bomber), when firing at a Sledgehammer, the cluster bombs DON'T appear. The main bomb is dropped, yet the cluster bombs don't come out.

The Game: I was playing as Infantry General vs. the Superweapon General. The AI was Hard Army. Any support on this frustrating problem would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

RJ

P.S. And I think replays with the AI don't work. I tried viewing the replay of the game of the problem above for screenshots, but it says the AI won.? Does the AI cheat in replays? Any clarification on this problem would be helpful. Thanks!

#13 Vanguard

Vanguard

Modding Guru

• Hosted
  • 2,139 posts
  •  Stand Down Sir!

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:36 PM

I know.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Vanguard

#14 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:22 AM

Ok, sorry :p

RJ

#15 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:20 AM

Who makes all of the new music for PR? Also the one in the Team's Adventure Movies Episode 1, I think the music is really cool.

RJ

#16 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 07:20 AM

Who makes all of the new music for PR? Also the one in the Team's Adventure Movies Episode 1, I think the music is really cool.

RJ

#17 Guest_RJ_*

Guest_RJ_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

Just curious...

1. What do the Smoke Grenades of the Spec. Forces do?

2. Why are the Laser Generals Aircraft so weak?

3. I think that Dr. Thrax's Plague Tank should have and Anthrax Field under each shot, in addition to the toxic clouds.

4. Just a suggestion, I think that the Air Force General should get more slots for his Airfield.

Please reply. Thanks!!!

P.S. I did not skim any of the suggestion forums, so please bear with me if that suggestion has already been given by another Air Force fan like me :p .

#18 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:06 PM

Just curious...

1. What do the Smoke Grenades of the Spec. Forces do?

2. Why are the Laser Generals Aircraft so weak?

3. I think that Dr. Thrax's Plague Tank should have and Anthrax Field under each shot, in addition to the toxic clouds.

4. Just a suggestion, I think that the Air Force General should get more slots for his Airfield.

Please reply. Thanks!!!

P.S. I did not skim any of the suggestion forums, so please bear with me if that suggestion has already been given by another Air Force fan like me :) .

1.) As I recall, the smoke cloud slightly reduces the accuracy (and damage? Can't remember) of the enemies attack while your obscured.

2.) Because the laser general relies on ground laser equipment and is not an airforce general or anything like that. Defensively, the armor is the same as the rest of the normal ZH aircraft in the game, weak.

3.) Redundant. The toxic cloud kills soldiers quickly. Unless your talking about some sort of long lasting aftereffect. In which case it would be more like the Anthrax Bomb superweapon, making the plague tank more like a superunit. And Vanguard doesn't really like superunits in the game too much. I don't mind them as long as they have some hefty restrictions attached, such as build limits, or only available after achieving a 3 star rank.

4.) In the next version, the AF general will have a 6 slot airfield, instead of the 4 slot one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

#19 gen hooper

gen hooper
  • New Members
  • 3 posts
  • Projects:top secret mod for ccg zero hour

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:07 PM

i cant get pr7.0 working on my game any more i just re downloaded it yet the mod is not working

#20 Bob

Bob

Marine Corps Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle (EFV)

• Project Team
  • 1,252 posts
  • Projects:Project Raptor, ZH Maps
  •  "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Posted 26 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

1.) Have you followed the instructions located on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page?

2.) Where did you get your download from?

3.) Are you using C&C 'The First Decade'? Starting to hear reports of issues using this package. Most of the rest of us here on this site use the separate and original Generals/Zero Hour games, and not TFD.

4.) What type of error message (if any) are you getting?
Posted Image
Posted Image

- Bob

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users